Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Piss in the fuel tanks to delay the flights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Das Boo posted:

Call in a bomb threat, lol.

That's actually pretty smart.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

eSports Chaebol posted:

The pacifist answer, like ensuring that Hitler got into art school, would simply be to reestablish the Caliphate so that bin Laden had no grievances.

Go back to 65M BCE and strap some deflector boosters on that Chicxulub rock like a decade before it would have impacted, ensuring that it doesn't hit, thus preventing the terror reign of mammals.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Go back to 1998 and give Bin Laden a copy of Half-Life.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'd go back farther and try to prevent the soviet invasion of afghanistan i think

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mozi posted:

i'd go back farther and try to prevent the soviet invasion of afghanistan i think

And deny us Rambo 3? You monster.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

seduce Osama bin Laden. get married to Osama bin Laden. have a large and happy family with Osama bin Laden. die of old age with Osama bin Laden.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Grey Cat posted:

That's actually pretty smart.

Imagine spending the rest of your life in ADX Florence just so Bush has to find a different reason to invade Iraq

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

If I had a time machine I’d go back to the old west and be like “yep I’m a physician, my father is the Archduke of Canterbury” or some poo poo and everyone would be like “oh poo poo he’s an English doctor” and probably all believe me because it’s the old west and I said so.

Then I’d get the whole town hooked on opiates, get rich, and split, leaving the population to their own devices, hooked on drugs they can no longer get.

On to the next one.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

sure okay posted:

Imagine spending the rest of your life in ADX Florence just so Bush has to find a different reason to invade Iraq

They would have found one, no matter what.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Use the time machine to sink every European ship that even approaches the American continents (or whatever they'd be called instead). Might also want to sink England for good measure, save the entire world centuries of suffering.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
Idiots.

Movies taught me to kill the Wright brothers mom first, then the brothers. Disgraceful.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Khanstant posted:

Use the time machine to sink every European ship that even approaches the American continents (or whatever they'd be called instead). Might also want to sink England for good measure, save the entire world centuries of suffering.
A time machine can't sink ships I think what you are talking about is called a battle ship.

Mr_Companie
Jul 4, 2003

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN AN EXCITING BUISNESS OPPROTUNITY?
First, study Ancient Greek and Latin. Set the machine for Constantinople, 50 BC. Spread covid-19 throughout the population, introduce the rest to fentanyl. Any remaining rivals are to be blinded, as was the custom of the time.

That being taken care of I'd spread knowledge of hand washing, antisepsis, the army corps system, monotheism, the location of the Americas, and a variety of translated technical manuals to the small cult I'd build around myself, taking on multiple wives to spread my presumably taller, smarter, bigger dicked genes among the population.

Hoping to make a big enough impact that when I'm inevitably betrayed I become a martyr and my followers spread my teachings across the globe, stealing christianity and islams thunder and plunging the world into an entirely different dark age

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Do you know how many tragedies you could prevent if you went back to 4.5 billion years from now? And just nudged the Earth a bit to the left.

No wars, no genocides, no crime, no suffering.....

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Commit 9/10

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

redshirt posted:

Do you know how many tragedies you could prevent if you went back to 4.5 billion years from now? And just nudged the Earth a bit to the left.

No wars, no genocides, no crime, no suffering.....

You just created Super Hitler.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
something else poo poo would just happen instead op :effort:

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Go back to 1913 and bring a history book of the 20th century with me along with enough gadgets to prove that I was from the future. Explain to the crown heads of Europe that if they got into a war it would be a murderous mess that would lead to a second murderous mess that was even bigger.

Strangle communism and Fascism in the cradle.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm sure the inventor of this time machine knows, but for you neophytes, you need a time-space machine. Since, what good is it to go back in time and wind up floating forever in the void of space?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

sure okay posted:

That's why you have a time machine, you call it in then beep borp you're out of there.
And at least airport security and all the restlessness of the early aughts would be completely different.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i'd go stop ww1 or ww2 or something bigger than 9/11 probs

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i’d give seth macfarlane an early wake up call that morning and leave everything else to unfold naturally

some things you just can’t prevent, but you can make incremental improvements

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
I'd find Bin Laden and accidentally get him to do 9/22 instead.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

f it had to be 9/11 tho i guess i'd hijack the hijackers, kick them out of the plane and finish with a sweet loop de loop over nyc while everyone cheers for me

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

sure okay posted:

Piss in the fuel tanks to delay the flights

instructions unclear, pissed in the DEF tanks instead

why the hell are these planes using diesel anyway???

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Trying to prevent the United States from existing seems like a better use of time. Or bringing John Brown a crate of Kalashnikovs

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Bubble wrap everything on the 10th and call it an art installation.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

In other news, a man with explosive diarrhea on a flight may have inadvertently prevented a terrorist attack.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

isn’t this what kicked off the entire plot of travelers

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it seems that one could’ve simply seen something and said something to prevent the attack

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

weg posted:

Go back to 1998 and give Bin Laden a copy of Half-Life.

Someone on here theorized that 9/11 prevented the Resonance Cascade since all that science money went into war on terror. Makes sense imo

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

i would go back in time and gently caress with the terrorists alarms, making them late and ultimately want to call it off and sleep in

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Seven Force posted:

i would go back in time and gently caress with the terrorists alarms, making them late and ultimately want to call it off and sleep in

They got an early start. I assume it's long forgotten, but Atta and his buddy started that day from the Portland Maine International Jetport, with a direct flight to Boston, and then onto NYC.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i would find and stop the real villains, the ground crew guys who surreptitiously filled the jets with special fuel made especially to melt steel beams

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
lolling imagining goons stopping the british empire or america from existing somehow, time machining back to the present day, and finding instead that the Ghanese Gigaempire invented turboslaveryfascism instead. but i thought england ruined the world :negative: it was humans all along?!?!?!?

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

maybe if I go back to 9/10 and jack off hard enough it'll prevent 9/11?? only one way to be sure

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

If you stopped 9/11, the new leader of al qaeda would just do a different terrorist attack that could be even worse.

Its like if you killed hitler and when you get back you find his replacement was serial racist klaus and he carried out the megacaust instead, killing twice as many people.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Introduce hentai to cavemen. The moment they've got the technique for fire down, BOOM, hentai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lolling imagining goons stopping the british empire or america from existing somehow, time machining back to the present day, and finding instead that the Ghanese Gigaempire invented turboslaveryfascism instead. but i thought england ruined the world :negative: it was humans all along?!?!?!?

That's why if you want a lasting solution you need to go back 800,000 years and just murder every primate you can find