Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Fungah!)

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

ok i updated the post but its something called ALAN PARTRIDGE: ALPHA PAPA

oh this movie actually kicks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
not as good as Hamlet 2 but still good

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I got the tude now posted:

not as good as Hamlet 2 but still good

Hamlet 2 owns lol, i was gonna pick it next.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

colm meaney ftw

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i just realised symbolic never came back to this thread after being disgusted by my sex pervert ex girlfriend

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

trying to jack off posted:

i just realised symbolic never came back to this thread after being disgusted by my sex pervert ex girlfriend

that would be a funnier explanation than me just being either busy or out of town for the past two weeks. i had like half an hour left on Bubby but was also drunk and wasn't paying much attention and decided i should rewatch it from the beginning and never got around to it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

this was probably my favorite scene from it, just a really good monologue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-nvweAVpqk

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

symbolic posted:

this was probably my favorite scene from it, just a really good monologue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-nvweAVpqk

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Bad boy symbolic

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Day of the Dead

never seen it all th way through before and it kicks. perfect horror movie/thriller, th way tension ramps up is incredible. all th characters are stock, but they're all played to 11 in a really sick way, everyones turned into a hosed up psycho except john, mcdermott, nd maybe sarah so they're all at a 10 all movie. all her dream sequences are incredible got me every single time, also shes fuckin cool as a heroine. theres never a stupid horror movie moment where th main characters do somethin incredibly dumb so the script can happen, all the chaos is caused by the antagonists and the situation. bub is incredible, the actor mustve had to work their rear end off to get him right and it ended up perfect, the big salute is the best cheer point in the movie

gotta talk about the effects too, tom savini is a fuckin genius. all the zombies have so much personality and attention put into em, all the gore effects are insanely good, just really top notch stuff here. soundtracks the only i guess flaw, most of its good but there are some tracks that were really jarring. feel like they wanted to hire john carpenter for the score and couldnt get him so they got some other dude named john and called it a day.

real fun pick, thanks machetezombie

★★★ ½

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

fwiw i do think its my "least favorite" of the three but only because the other two are so fuckin iconic, this ones just very, very good

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

fair shoot herc lol :cheerdoge: anyways unrelated but mayhaps you'd like to talk about any anime you're currently watching in ADTRW...?

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

symbolic posted:

fair shoot herc lol :cheerdoge: anyways unrelated but mayhaps you'd like to talk about any anime you're currently watching in ADTRW...?

I do want to check out those Makoto Shinkai films on the Criterion Channel

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bicyclops, gimme your pick please

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

alan partridge: alpha papa

pretty fun. not all th jokes hit for me but a lot of em did and the big one at the end th sniper shooting alan after the shotgun fired had me fuckin rolling. steve coogan and colm meaney ftw. couple other insanely good gags tht i don't want to spoilt, but the movie was a lot of fun and its worth a watch.

★★★

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

bicyclops, gimme your pick please

oh, sweet. I sent you a PM but let me know if you want me to give you all the details on it.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Parenthood
Courtesy of Bicyclops

(use movieposterdb)

Four Buckman siblings attempt to raise their children - each in their own different style - and deal with the joys and sorrows that the process brings.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H25Fx7weFQ

Director: Ron Howard
Writer: Lowell Ganz, Babaloo Mandel, Ron Howard
Stars: Steve Martin, Mary Steenburgen, DIanne Wiest

Available On: Netflix

Available From: 4/8 - 4/22

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i don't think that photo-taking scene that takes up the bulk of the trailer is in even in the movie, lol. movie trailers used to be weird.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
huh

:sss:da peace thread:coolslime:
optional and/or mandatory easy listening for peace thread lurking and/or psoiting

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Who invited Bicyclops?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

herculon posted:

Who invited Bicyclops?

that does it. You're out of the Baldur's gate 3 group.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

finally, one saturday every four years back

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

nooooooo

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Well, this frees up my September 11, 2033

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

herculon posted:

i'll make sure to stay away from new york

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

herculon posted:

actually GA couldn't make it. we're on hold until my "beat every NES game" project reaches Castlevania 2. you can rejoin if you apologize for making fun of my choosing the masterpiece in which a young Keanu Reaves mentors an even younger Joaquin Phoenix while Rick moranis plays the most hosed up character in his career.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

watched alan partridge: alpha papa. very funny movie. just a lot of really solid well-played gags. it inspired me to seek out more alan partridge stuff because he always makes me laugh.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Bicyclops posted:

actually GA couldn't make it. we're on hold until my "beat every NES game" project reaches Castlevania 2. you can rejoin if you apologize for making fun of my choosing the masterpiece in which a young Keanu Reaves mentors an even younger Joaquin Phoenix while Rick moranis plays the most hosed up character in his career.

I'm sorry, but I never apologize. Also, we already watched Streets of Fire

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah! posted:

Parenthood
Courtesy of Bicyclops

(use movieposterdb)

Four Buckman siblings attempt to raise their children - each in their own different style - and deal with the joys and sorrows that the process brings.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H25Fx7weFQ

Director: Ron Howard
Writer: Lowell Ganz, Babaloo Mandel, Ron Howard
Stars: Steve Martin, Mary Steenburgen, DIanne Wiest

Available On: Netflix

Available From: 4/8 - 4/22

thank you Bicyclops

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

symbolic posted:

thank you Bicyclops

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

thank you Bicyclops

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
steve martin ftw

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I got the tude now posted:

steve martin ftw

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

symbolic posted:

thank you Bicyclops

lmao

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

symbolic posted:

thank you Bicyclops

Lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Day of the Dead

This movie rules man. The sets, and makeup, bub, the effects, all of it rules. I wish the writing was better, but it's so over the top and insane like it takes place in an alternate dimension where puss is a cuss word so in the end it gels with the movie fine. Huuuuuuge shoutout to the one extra that realised the zombies should be shuffling over the edge of the elevator platform, made my day.

Great pick! 5 fake bats the size of a house cat out of 5.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

They used to just make movies man. You can tell everyone making that movie was just trying to give a theater full of people a fun time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

No cg zombie movie will ever approach that one laughing soldier getting his eye peeled out, or the amputation of Miguel's arm. Untouchable.