Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Fungah!)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'll do this again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Shameful movie secret: never seen conan watching the 4k over lunch

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Conan kicked a lot of rear end. Great choice.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Wheels on meals was dope. Really charming and great fight choreography. I liked the fight against the punk bikers, had some cool stunt work. Sammo Hungs boss bailing at the beginning made lol hard.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Fungah! posted:

Wheels on Meals

coolest thing in the movie for me: the guy jackie chan fights at the end kicking out the candles with his missed attack. loving insane!

Made me go "oh poo poo!"

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lol I've had that on my list for a long time. Looking forward to it

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm an hour into bad boy bubby this is a wild flick

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Followup this movie ruled. Hard to stomach for the first half hour but then gives way to an incredible journey about being human.

Kickass pick

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

look up the trivia for it, the first half hour was originally going to be matted, but Rolf De Heer described it as unwatchable so he took it out

The production is nuts, 31 directors of photography and the mic setup to try and recreate the sound so it reflects what Bubby would hear is so cool

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

i forgot to mention my ex absolutely wanted to have sex during this movie, please keep that in mind for any further watches/rewatches lmfao

Lmao

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
drat, I had riki-oh in my pocket for my pick. It's a blast

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl0BYWog5ps

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I got the tude now posted:

this is the best of the dead movies

My man

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Just a great flick. Love the levels of stress and desperation every character has (except for Dr. Frankenstein who's clearly lost it but seems right at home). Savini's effects work is world class here, possibly the best work of his career. Rhodes is a fantastic villain.

There's also tons of great little details with the zombies that add to the whole thing. The doc mentions them running on instinct and besides bub you see this in little glimpses, like a zombie ballerina walking with one foot on its toes. Then there's just some fun stuff like a clown zombie lol.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Con air

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Alan partridge: British rear end version of airheads

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Oh forgot to come back and say the Alan partridge movie was good. Steve Coogan is great

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lol

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I don't know how many of yall use letterboxd, but I've been keeping a list of the BBV choices and who picked them: https://boxd.it/q98fc

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Third man rocked great pick

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yeah it's been a lot of fun even just reading about some of the stuff I've skipped lol

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

After careful consideration I've decided my movie will be an independent animated film.

From the 70s?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I've got my next movie picked. It's very 80s

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Badass pick Roth

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Female prisoner is such an incredibly stylish movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Turning it in late, don't care, it's still in the title of the thread.

Duel to the death kicked rear end. Most people already pointed out everything I'd compliment like the camerawork, the flying and exploding ninjas, the exploding head lmao, and the final duel being absolutely baller.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)