Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Fungah!)

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I'm not going to be super on the ball but I'll probably watch a few

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

tmfc posted:

if this post is on the first page still then i'm in to watch and review some stuff this time. don't put me in the pick list though, i am a philistine

part of the fun is making people watch some dumb rear end poo poo like Crank 2

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Interstella 5555 (7/10)

It's a lot of fun and I really like the style of animation, but it's only ever just kind of neat and cute. That being said, I've seen it probably too much at this point and so the rough edges (repetitive shots that linger too long, reused animations) are a little more visible.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol newly divorced dad FB post

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The Third Man

3/5. I dunno, there's a lot of fun here but overall I'm not seasoned enough with movies of this era to feel like I can appreciate it all. I do like how Holly was not only completely outclassed in every single social situation he was exposed to, but also how oblivious he was to being strung along by whatever character happened to walk through the door. To the point where it starts to rub off on the viewer because it's always a little unlcear exactly how involved Anna was with the whole scheme. Orson Welles steals the show a little bit, to be expected. The loving spongebob music playing through every scene was a little grating and felt like it cut through every semi serious moment with this weird bemused whimsy; it kinda worked but it was also a bit much. The movie works well with you being just as clueless as Holly but I think it would be cool to have a version that actually translates all the foreign dialogue too, really curious as to what the crowd was saying after the porter's murder.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I got the tude now posted:

i might but dont be so bossy

hey, don't tell him what to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

Found out the reason the animal wrangler host wasn't set up like the other hosts was because he died in a hit and run during the production. :smith:

Yea, supposedly there was a written scene near the end where all the animals gang up on him but they were never able to shoot it.