Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Fungah!)

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

oh hey can i still sign up for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Fungah! posted:

added to the list

:cheerdoge:

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Fungah! posted:

M
Courtesy of rodbeard

When the police in a German city are unable to catch a child-murderer, other criminals join in the manhunt.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsVproWjN6c

Director: Fritz Lang
Writer: Thea von Harbou, Fritz Lang, Egon Jacobsohn
Stars: Peter Lorre, Ellen Widmann, Inge Landgut

Available On: Plex (free), Max, Youtube (free), Criterion Channel

Available From: 2/26-3/10

sick flick

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

i watched wheels on meals but didn’t want to brag about it. it was good

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

watched alan partridge: alpha papa. very funny movie. just a lot of really solid well-played gags. it inspired me to seek out more alan partridge stuff because he always makes me laugh.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

interstella 5555:
i first saw the harder better faster stronger segment as a music video ages ago. i didn't know it was part of a movie and i'd always found it incredibly weak as a music video. it was too plodding, didn't have enough dynamic imagery, it just didn't fit the visual language of music videos. but having finally seen the whole thing, it all adds up. they were wise not to do a feature length music video. interstella 5555 is a totally compelling accompaniment to discovery, a worthwhile feature in and of itself, and i'm glad i saw it. its pretty amazing that the daft punk dudes used their creative capital and clout to make something like this happen.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Plebian Parasite posted:

The movie works well with you being just as clueless as Holly but I think it would be cool to have a version that actually translates all the foreign dialogue too, really curious as to what the crowd was saying after the porter's murder.

you're missing surprisingly little. the movie does a good job of repeating anything of even remote substance. in that scene they're mostly just saying stuff like 'hey you, wait a second'

and actually that's one of the things that i really liked about the movie--there's something about it as a little postwar memento when both british and american audiences are hungry for stories set amongst larger political current events. and audiences would be more likely to know a little conversational german that the studio felt comfortable enough leaving it in german. really so much of the third man fits under the aegis of 'they don't make 'em like they used to' but this is a special movie even within that rubric. i love stories where the protagonist is a clueless dupe who's in way over his head and this is a very fun and subdued version of that.

good pick, glad i rewatched it.