Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I have not. Not something I'm particularly interested in, especially if I already like the photo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Excellent 'roids

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

I need to set an alert for discounts on polaroid. Wanna hoard

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

vortmax posted:

I understand the thread title now. It's around $3 per picture ($22ish for a pack of 8). This is going to get expensive fast.

Of course the first Polaroid picture I've taken in about 20 years is of my cat

I know this is an old post, but I love instant photography!
Your cat pic looks and feels like the one my mom took of her cat in the 70's!
Long live instant pics!

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

I still have a few shots of peel apart FP-100C film in my Polaroid 600SE. What should I shoot with it?

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Can't go wrong with cats

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
Keep forgetting to turn the exposure down

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

A Small Car
Aug 24, 2016

Advent Horizon posted:

Any pack film tips? I just picked this up from Goodwill:

I already know I need to convert it to AA and make sure there aren’t any light leaks.

I have four packs of FP100C squirreled away in the fridge from back when it was discontinued. At least one pack and some of these flash bulbs will be saved until my sister’s kids are old enough to appreciate seeing something go extinct in front of their eyes.

Having randomly stumbled into this thread, hello fellow packfilm shooter! I have a pack of B&W from https://the.supersense.com/collections/packfilm waiting for me when I get back into the country. As far as I know they're the only place currently producing film for the old Land Cameras, but it's at holy poo poo levels of expensive.

I've also backed these guys https://newlandcamera.com/ to see what happens. It would be nice to be able to use a more widely available film to keep these cameras going, and I really like that this is a non-permanent, non-destructive option.

I love my camera and still use it regularly despite the fact that it costs a small fortune per picture.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:stonk: $55 for 3 shots? Holy poo poo.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Best manned a wedding yesterday and ran through 3 packs of Polaroid

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Spent $18 on a walk and came out with a pack of way overexposed and blown out pics

I feel like I have a light leak but when I did the dark room test there weren’t any highlights, although the black wasn’t particularly black

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Is this an Instax safe space? Bought a secondhand SQ6 and it’s been a delight despite hard drugs being cheaper than the filmpack.

I had initially thought I’d get a Polaroid proper but figured to take a smaller dip in with a format I already purchase, as I have the mobile printer. Once I’m feeling a bit more confident navigating the camera’s quirks (and oh boy there are MANY), I might just fully plunge in with more cameras and film formats than I know what to do with.

I like having the Instax mobile printer to ensure consistent quality, but I think it’s psychologically better for me to have to learn how to navigate a camera with its peccadilloes and understand that not everything is perfect and I can’t be obsessing over it.

Anyway, cat tax

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
I kept waiting for "a good picture" because I didn't want to "waste" the film, but I realized if I kept waiting I'd never take any pictures. I'll post them later, but I have three left for the eclipse today.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

How well does Polaroid take to being overexposed? I never considered pointing one at the eclipse

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

vortmax posted:

I kept waiting for "a good picture" because I didn't want to "waste" the film, but I realized if I kept waiting I'd never take any pictures. I'll post them later, but I have three left for the eclipse today.

It’s just money

Beve Stuscemi posted:

How well does Polaroid take to being overexposed? I never considered pointing one at the eclipse

Mine blows out real easy but also, as previously stated, I’m a little suspicious about the camera

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

dupersaurus posted:

Polaroid: It’s just money

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Beve Stuscemi posted:

It does not. I'd push the dial all the way to lighten and cross your fingers, that's what I did for that wedding photo looking into the sun.

teen witch posted:

Is this an Instax safe space? Bought a secondhand SQ6 and it’s been a delight despite hard drugs being cheaper than the filmpack.

We support all terrible instant photography financial decisions.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

I mean it’s one picture how much could it cost, ten dollars?

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

dupersaurus posted:

I mean it’s one picture how much could it cost, ten dollars?

Large format nerds: wow that's incredibly cheap

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Bought an instax mini for a party and of course took it on a walk to try out

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Shot a bunch of instax at the party and I’m really impressed by how it came out, the colors really pop and vibe. Now I’m really curious about one of those cameras that shoot instax with exposure controls and better lenses

Rad

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

dupersaurus posted:

Shot a bunch of instax at the party and I’m really impressed by how it came out, the colors really pop and vibe. Now I’m really curious about one of those cameras that shoot instax with exposure controls and better lenses

Instax is certainly the better film in all categories except for vibes

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Beve Stuscemi posted:

I didn't point it at the sun, just tried to take pictures when the light was weird. One was waaaaaaaay too soon after totality and too dark. I tried to take one of the shadows from a tree but it didn't show up. I only got one of my plants out front

Other pictures:
My other cat

My aloe blooming (at night)

Some of my plants at work

My car

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

This is dedication to Polaroid

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5pQ7_5Mi6Y/

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Noooo you need to shade it after exposing

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

The frogs tongue didn't snap over the polaroid right, a shame.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Cloudy day plus yellow filter