Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
So I got here from the forum announcement. Are you telling me I can get film for the old Polaroid camera I have on my "obsolete technology" shelf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
This is the Polaroid camera I have. I think it's from the late 90s. It's been sitting closed on a shelf for years with other obsolete tech (like two late 90s cellphones and an 8-track tape). I'm excited to learn I might be able to use it again!

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

I understand the thread title now. It's around $3 per picture ($22ish for a pack of 8). This is going to get expensive fast.

Of course the first Polaroid picture I've taken in about 20 years is of my cat

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

I kept waiting for "a good picture" because I didn't want to "waste" the film, but I realized if I kept waiting I'd never take any pictures. I'll post them later, but I have three left for the eclipse today.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Beve Stuscemi posted:

How well does Polaroid take to being overexposed? I never considered pointing one at the eclipse

I didn't point it at the sun, just tried to take pictures when the light was weird. One was waaaaaaaay too soon after totality and too dark. I tried to take one of the shadows from a tree but it didn't show up. I only got one of my plants out front

Other pictures:
My other cat

My aloe blooming (at night)

Some of my plants at work

My car