Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
Oh hey! I got a SX-70 a few years back but just got around to giving it the servicing it needed (and the 600 conversion). Don’t have many digitized but I’ve been using it on the baby

Megabound posted:

Anyway, I'm thinking about digital representations of instant photos and I don't think I've landed on the answer yet. I like highlighting the physicality of the object, but the scans are nice too.

Don’t know if good or bad but I’ve just been taking phone pics in the most indirect light I can manage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
A few older ones

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

I just saw that Mint makes a TLR that shoots instax which sounds stupid and fun but $399 feels a bit much for a lark (albeit fitting for the thread title)

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Remembered that I have the mint lens kit so went playing around with the close-in lens. Unfortunately I have a sx-70 sonar so manual focus is a bit of a crapshoot

And revisited an old shot with better exposure

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Shoulda used the flash which isn’t syncing well

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Yellow filter + dark background + fast exposure

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Keep forgetting to turn the exposure down

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Spent $18 on a walk and came out with a pack of way overexposed and blown out pics

I feel like I have a light leak but when I did the dark room test there weren’t any highlights, although the black wasn’t particularly black

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

vortmax posted:

I kept waiting for "a good picture" because I didn't want to "waste" the film, but I realized if I kept waiting I'd never take any pictures. I'll post them later, but I have three left for the eclipse today.

It’s just money

Beve Stuscemi posted:

How well does Polaroid take to being overexposed? I never considered pointing one at the eclipse

Mine blows out real easy but also, as previously stated, I’m a little suspicious about the camera

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

I mean it’s one picture how much could it cost, ten dollars?

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Bought an instax mini for a party and of course took it on a walk to try out

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Shot a bunch of instax at the party and I’m really impressed by how it came out, the colors really pop and vibe. Now I’m really curious about one of those cameras that shoot instax with exposure controls and better lenses

Rad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Cloudy day plus yellow filter