Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I've just started shooting Polaroid in an SX-70 I got 600 modded and boy do I really like it.

Anyway, post your instant photography here, it's fun as hell

Megabound fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 31, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Anyway, I'm thinking about digital representations of instant photos and I don't think I've landed on the answer yet. I like highlighting the physicality of the object, but the scans are nice too.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

That looks really fun and price wise is competitive with a serviced SX70.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

e: double post

Megabound fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Feb 17, 2024

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Sulphurs are just pretty chill birds. I spotted it in the tree then just walked up to it.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

It depends on what camera but probably yeah

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Instax mini is a much cheaper way in than full fat polaroids. There's also instax printers you can use so you can take your photo on any other camera and then print it to an instant photo which is cool. You should get her any camera tho. The digital point and shoots where USB started to be a thing is a great era, like the Canon IXUS series.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Oh yeah, that takes readily available 600 film. Just clean the rollers with isopropyl first and it'll most likely be good to go

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

It's very strange being able to walk into Officeworks and pick up film for my 50 year old camera but I'm here for it.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Yep! Buy 5 packs of you can they're worth the savings. It's pretty rainy outside today so maybe no new Polaroids this weekend.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Weather was a bit poo poo so only 3 Polaroids this weekend.

Megabound fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Feb 26, 2024

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I have not. Not something I'm particularly interested in, especially if I already like the photo.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Excellent 'roids

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Can't go wrong with cats

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Best manned a wedding yesterday and ran through 3 packs of Polaroid

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Beve Stuscemi posted:

How well does Polaroid take to being overexposed? I never considered pointing one at the eclipse

It does not. I'd push the dial all the way to lighten and cross your fingers, that's what I did for that wedding photo looking into the sun.

teen witch posted:

Is this an Instax safe space? Bought a secondhand SQ6 and it’s been a delight despite hard drugs being cheaper than the filmpack.

We support all terrible instant photography financial decisions.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

dupersaurus posted:

Shot a bunch of instax at the party and I’m really impressed by how it came out, the colors really pop and vibe. Now I’m really curious about one of those cameras that shoot instax with exposure controls and better lenses

Instax is certainly the better film in all categories except for vibes

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

The frogs tongue didn't snap over the polaroid right, a shame.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I especially like the cat at the start of the 2nd row

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Hi Mickel, love that you got him the mid meow

You also reminded me I didn't post these photos of Scoops here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

He's a marble bengal but all cats are great. Our other two are shelter cats and magnificent.