Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If you are ever in the Milwaukee area, check out Retrospekt, they specialize in Polaroid cameras https://retrospekt.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm currently using an Autofocus 660, and a OneStep Flash. Both were thrift store finds, and I think I'm going to take the Autofocus 660 to the above-mentioned Retrospekt tomorrow for a CLA. I might bring the OneStep with too, and see what they'll give me for it, since I dont really need two very similar cameras

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Got to Retrospekt today. Sold them the flash, gave the autofocus to them for CLA. Turns out they give you a discount on a CLA if you’re local, so that’s cool

Also picked up some 35mm Portra 800 they had, so between Polaroid and Kodak, the thread title holds true

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Got to Retrospekt today. Sold them the flash, gave the autofocus to them for CLA. Turns out they give you a discount on a CLA if you’re local, so that’s cool

Also picked up some 35mm Portra 800 they had, so between Polaroid and Kodak, the thread title holds true

Got the camera back from Retrospekt today. I really like how they handle the CLA. They put it in a box representative of the camera (of course, its what they'd sell you the same camera in, but I appreciate the gesture)

They even send along a manual for the camera and some stickers.

Mine didnt have a ton wrong with it, but the couple things that needed attention were quite important to the function of the camera. I think I know now why it was scratching the prints as they came out, since they refurbed the geartrain

If you're in need of a Polaroid CLA, I can recommend them, I'm super happy with mine

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

They also sent it back with the used film cartridge included that I sent it with. I figured the 3 remaining shots in it were junk because taking it out would introduce light leaks. I assumed they would junk the cartridge.

Nope, they sent it back. It of course does have light leaks around the edges from being handled, but why waste them?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

big black turnout posted:

Yeah that's really easy to get. Hell, there's almost certainly a big box store near you that has some film for it sitting on the shelf right now

I literally didn’t realize this! I just checked and my local Walmart has 600 color in stock! I was gonna order online but now I can just swing by there.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:stonk: $55 for 3 shots? Holy poo poo.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

How well does Polaroid take to being overexposed? I never considered pointing one at the eclipse

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

dupersaurus posted:

Polaroid: It’s just money

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

This is dedication to Polaroid

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5pQ7_5Mi6Y/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

teen witch posted:

A marble tabby I believe! My Rai is one, ol’ stripey bastard.

And semi related I might be getting a 20 pack of Square film for a solid discount :woop:. Choosing Square has accidentally worked really well picking up film secondhand because turns out no one reads the package for what film their camera takes!

I bought a grip of canon selphy cartridges and paper for cheap because the seller thought they were generic inkjet supplies. Shout out to confused people on marketplace