Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
you all can only continue this slapfight if you also post pictures of campus police brutality along with it like everyone else is doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Why do college presidents have any sway over the Israeli government? I’m really confused by this whole thing. If Harvard asks to end the war then the Israeli government will just stop?

selec
Sep 6, 2003

davecrazy posted:

Why do college presidents have any sway over the Israeli government? I’m really confused by this whole thing. If Harvard asks to end the war then the Israeli government will just stop?

Many, many American institutions have contracts with defense firms that supply munitions to Israel, and also extant or planned remote campuses in Israel proper. Then there's the divestment question, because a lot of these institutions are just a managed wealth fund with a college still attached somehow.

In fact, Columbia itself was the site of similar protests during Vietnam, with similar demands to end the school's complicity in a horrific war. And they use that to market the school, and own up to their mistakes in how they handled the protests. It's like they learned nothing lmao.

https://news.columbia.edu/content/new-perspective-1968

Kagrenak
Sep 8, 2010

davecrazy posted:

Universities have lots of money which they invest in poo poo, students don't want it invested in people involved in enabling Israel's genocide. There have been similar campaigns to get universities to digest from fossil fuels which generally were much more well received by administrators, for fairly obvious reasons.

selec posted:

Many, many American institutions have contracts with defense firms that supply munitions to Israel, and also extant or planned remote campuses in Israel proper. Then there's the divestment question, because a lot of these institutions are just a managed wealth fund with a college still attached somehow.

In fact, Columbia itself was the site of similar protests during Vietnam, with similar demands to end the school's complicity in a horrific war. And they use that to market the school, and own up to their mistakes in how they handled the protests. It's like they learned nothing lmao.

Edit: this too

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
colleges have been nexuses of protests and political action since the greeks first started holding symposiums in fixed public locations

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
People are fighting with riot cops because they want the schools to sell stocks????

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the d in bds stands for divestment, it's a pretty major plank of the movement

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
The riot cops are fighting with people who want the schools to sell stocks may be a more accurate phrasing, it seems like.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

davecrazy posted:

People are fighting with riot cops because they want the schools to sell stocks????

Do you know about the anti-divestment movement against South Africa, and how universities were involved?

edit: Here's a link.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

selec posted:

This would be very funny to point out to them directly

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

davecrazy posted:

It doesn't look like riot cops are involved in most of the campus protests, but they were at Columbia University because the administration is especially incompetent or something (I don't want to read enough about ivy league campus events to know what happened) and the University of Texas because Greg Abbott is Greg Abbott.

National Parks
Apr 6, 2016

davecrazy posted:

A major donor is funding a new building on Columbia's campus on the condition they build a campus in tel Aviv so it's a little more direct then you are implying

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Willa: nah you have it about right, in 2020 and 2024 I involved myself in the convention and delegate process. Much easier in 2020 when all the conventions were digital, as you say the financial barrier is nontrivial. In 2020 we moved the needle on Texas delegates to both the national convention and the Democratic National Committee. Remains to be seen what happens at this year's Texas convention, but I'm fairly comfortable I reached a misunderstanding-of-Kant level where if a tiny portion of the left did the same thing we'd make a pretty noticeable difference. Which, you know, is about as much as I can reasonably expect if I'm not Lavrentiy Beria.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

As I said, the poster in question could simply take it on good faith that they were being told the truth.

I seem to have hit quote instead of reply but anyway personally I think it should be in the rules that you can point out when unserious dumbasses are making GBS threads up the thread by admonishing them publicly.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Wayne Knight posted:

I seem to have hit quote instead of reply but anyway personally I think it should be in the rules that you can point out when unserious dumbasses are making GBS threads up the thread by admonishing them publicly.

We are required by current moderation policies to entertain and respond to unserious arguments. The users who make them have the right to play.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Gov Abbot of Texas weighing in

https://bsky.app/profile/nycsouthpaw.bsky.social/post/3kqw5un7uru2f

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

They’re doing it on purpose. It’s like Mike Johnson going to Columbia. It’s intended to escalate and it’s all likely coordinated.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.
Arizona indictments came out in the 2020 fake elector scheme

Washington Post posted:

An Arizona grand jury on Wednesday indicted seven attorneys or aides affiliated with Donald Trump’s 2020 presidential campaign as well as 11 Arizona Republicans on felony charges related to their alleged efforts to subvert Joe Biden’s 2020 victory in the state, according to an announcement by the state attorney general.

Those indicted include former Trump White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, attorneys Rudy Giuliani, Jenna Ellis, John Eastman and Christina Bobb, top campaign adviser Boris Epshteyn and former campaign aide Mike Roman. They are accused of allegedly aiding an unsuccessful strategy to award the state’s electoral votes to Trump instead of Biden after the 2020 election. Also charged are the Republicans who signed paperwork on Dec. 14, 2020, that falsely purported Trump was the rightful winner, including former state party chair Kelli Ward, state Sens. Jake Hoffman and Anthony Kern, and Tyler Bowyer, a GOP national committeeman and chief operating officer of Turning Point Action, the campaign arm of the pro-Trump conservative group Turning Point USA.

Trump was not charged, but he is described in the indictment as an unindicted co-conspirator. His campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The indictments cap a year-long investigation by Arizona Attorney General Kris Mayes (D) into how the elector strategy played out in Arizona, which Biden won by 10,457 votes. Arizona is the fourth state after Michigan, Georgia and Nevada to seek charges against those who formed an alternate slate of presidential electors. As those cases slowly make their way through the legal system, Trump is again running for president, and officials in Arizona and other battleground states are preparing for another likely contentious election.

In releasing the indictment, Mayes’s office redacted the names of all of the individuals outside of Arizona who were charged until they have been served their indictments. The Washington Post was able to identify all of them through the accounts of their alleged actions described in the indictment.

“In Arizona, and the United States, the people elected Joseph Biden as President on November 3, 2020,” the indictment reads. “Unwilling to accept this fact, Defendants and unindicted coconspirators schemed to prevent the lawful transfer of the presidency” to keep Trump in office “against the will of Arizona’s voters.

“This scheme would have deprived Arizona voters of their right to vote and have their votes counted.”

Attorneys for several of those charged cast the indictment as politically motivated. George Terwilliger, a lawyer representing Meadows, said that if his client “is named in this indictment, it is a blatantly political and politicized accusation and will be contested and defeated.” Charles Burnham, an attorney for Eastman, said the lawyer “is innocent of criminal conduct in Arizona or any other place and will fight these charges as he has all the other unjust accusations leveled against him.” And Ted Goodman, a spokesman for Giuliani, called the indictment a “continued weaponization of our justice system should concern every American, as it does permanent, irrevocable harm to the country.”

Epshteyn declined to comment. Bobb, Hoffman, Bowyer, and attorneys for Roman and Ellis did not immediately respond to requests for comment. Kurt Altman, an Arizona-based attorney who represents 8 of the 11 Republican electors, including Ward and Kern, said he is “confident that these charges are unwarranted.”

Many of those involved in the 2020 elector strategy, which played out in Arizona and six other states, have long insisted that the tactic was legal because the Trump electors were only placeholders to be activated if legal challenges to Biden’s win were successful in court. But Mayes charges that Trump’s allies inside and outside of Arizona intended all along to use the electors to falsely claim that the outcome of the election was in doubt — facilitating an effort to obstruct the certification of Biden’s victory in Congress on Jan. 6, 2021.

The effort was aided by Trump, the indictment said, who “himself was unwilling to accept that he had lost the election.” While the charges focus on the elector strategy, the indictment spells out various ways that Trump and his allies sought to pressure state and local officials to “encourage them to change” the election results. Trump allies initially put pressure on members of the Phoenix-area Maricopa County Board of Supervisors, the indictment said. When it became clear that the GOP-led board would not alter the results, pressure was placed on members of the state legislature — namely then-House Speaker Rusty Bowers (R) — who heard from Trump and other allies.

When that effort failed, Trump sought to appeal to then-Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey (R), who ignored a call from Trump while certifying the state’s election results. That day, the indictment notes, Trump berated Ducey on social media for certifying the results.

Unlike probes by state prosecutors in Michigan and Nevada, Mayes took a top-to-bottom approach with her investigation. Similar to prosecutors in the Atlanta area, Mayes targeted not just local conservatives who carried out the plan in Phoenix, but also the out-of-state middlemen in Trump’s orbit who allegedly helped put it together. But unlike in Georgia, Mayes did not try to indict the former president.

This is a second round of charges for Meadows, Giuliani, Ellis, Eastman and Roman, who were all indicted alongside Trump in Georgia last year. Ellis pleaded guilty in October to illegally conspiring to overturn Trump’s 2020 election loss in Georgia and has been cooperating with prosecutors. This is the first time Epshteyn — now a top 2024 campaign aide who frequently talks with the former president — has been charged for his alleged actions after the 2020 election. Same for Bobb, a former One America News correspondent who has espoused false claims that the 2020 election was stolen and last month was named the senior counsel for election integrity at the Republican National Committee.

Mayes’s case had been squarely focused on local conservatives up until late last year. Then, Arizona prosecutors and investigators met in December with Kenneth Chesebro, an attorney and an architect of the elector strategy who pleaded guilty in Georgia in October to a single felony count of participating in a conspiracy to file false documents. Chesebro provided Mayes’s team with records — some that had been previously unseen — that revealed more information about those involved in the Arizona effort, according to two people familiar with the investigation who requested anonymity to talk about the sensitive conversations. After that, they said the Arizona investigation widened.

Much of the activity that Mayes investigated happened in the weeks after Biden was declared the winner in Arizona and Dec. 14, 2020, when the Republican electors gathered to sign paperwork. Emails, records, text messages and other documents from this time have emerged in a variety of ways, including from the U.S. House select committee that investigated the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Conversations among attorneys and Trump allies about using GOP electors to change the electoral outcome began as early as Nov. 4, 2020, the indictment said. Eastman, a pro-Trump lawyer helped devise the multistate strategy and outlined how it could be achieved. By Dec. 12, documents for seven states had been drafted.

By the time the strategy reached Republicans in Arizona, according to the timeline in the indictment, Republicans in the state had worked to try to undermine confidence in the state’s electoral outcome.

By then, Giuliani and Ellis frequently traveled together as they worked to overturn Trump’s loss, state by state. Both attended a Nov. 30, 2020, event in downtown Phoenix attended by state GOP state and federal lawmakers, where they falsely claimed widespread fraud had marred the election. Then, Giuliani, Ellis and other Trump allies tried to convince Bowers (R) to help overturn the results.

Bowers, speaking in 2022 before the House committee, said he remembered Giuliani saying during that meeting, “We’ve got lots of theories — we just don’t have the evidence.”

Bobb, who has ties to Arizona, communicated with Trump allies about the strategy. After the House speaker met with Giuliani and other Trump allies, Bobb emailed the then-state senate president with information that Giuliani believed could be used to sow doubt in the 2020 outcome.

Roman, the campaign staffer who oversaw election-day operations, circulated emails about the alternate elector plan, tracked elector participation in several states and communicated about making sure the paperwork was in Washington by Jan. 6, 2021, when Congress convened to count electoral college votes. Roman directed Chesebro to make sure that Ward, the state party chair, had the necessary paperwork to prepare for the signing of official-looking paperwork, according to emails that have been made public.

In early December 2020, Epshteyn emailed a Wisconsin-based attorney who was aiding the campaign and asked him to draft sample language for alternate electors in seven states, including Arizona. Epshteyn wrote that the request came from Giuliani, and he added, “If that’s difficult, we can have counsels in those states do it.”

Meadows, as Trump’s final White House chief of staff, has sought to downplay his involvement in the elector plan. In a federal court hearing last August in Georgia, Meadows repeatedly testified under oath that he played no role in the elector effort. Prosecutors introduced into evidence December 2020 emails between Meadows and Jason Miller, a longtime Trump campaign aide that showed Meadows forwarding a memo about the plan to Miller.

“Let’s have a discussion about this tomorrow,” Meadows wrote. When Miller told him the campaign was already talking about it, Meadows replied, “We just need to have someone coordinating the electors for the states.” In court, Meadows sought to downplay the email, saying that his use of the term “we” meant the campaign, not him. Meadows also testified that he did not want to get “yelled at” by Trump.

On Dec. 10, 2020, the state party’s executive director called Chesebro to work through logistics of the elector plan, the indictment said. Chesebro emailed the Republican information about the plan and then emailed an Arizona-based attorney to ask if an appeal was planned for an election-related lawsuit.

“Reason is that Kelli Ward & … just spoke to the Mayor about the campaign’s request that all electors vote Monday in all contested state,” the email said, referring to Giuliani. Chesebro wrote that Ward and another person were “concerned it could appear treasonous for the AZ electors to vote on Monday if there is no pending court proceeding that might, eventually, lead to the electors being ratified as the legitimate ones.”

By Dec. 12, 2020, Republicans in Arizona were finalizing plans to assemble in Phoenix to stand in solidarity with Trump, according to previously released communications. Ward emailed Chesebro, Roman and others that the Trump campaign had requested the participation of Arizona electors. “We are all prepared to meet 12/14,” she wrote. “It would be optimal if the campaign created and produced the documents in the ACTUAL format needed so staff can print the collateral, the electors can show up, meet/vote, and sign, and then staff can collate the documents and send to the appropriate places in the appropriate way.”

Roman responded to the group and directed Chesebro, “Please send the full updated AZ packet,” according to records previously made public.

Ward also made clear in her email that she had talked to Giuliani. She wrote that she had “told him we were working to make sure we accomplish what we need to do.”

On Dec. 14, 2020, the day the electoral college formally convened, Ward and other pro-Trump Republicans gathered at the state party’s headquarters. The party publicized the event — which they called “The Signing” — on Twitter, and electors posed for photos.

The indictment said that the pro-Trump electors “made statements directly contradicting any intention that their votes would only be used if they succeeded in legal challenge that changed the outcome of Arizona’s election.” The indictment included an image of a social media post from Ward that prosecutors said demonstrates that "her goal was to have the Arizona Legislature certify the fake Republican electors’ votes.”

Leading up to Jan. 6, 2021, the indictment said, Ward continued calling for the state legislature to change the election outcome while Bowyer made public statements “demonstrating that the contingency plan was cover for his attempt to change the outcome of the election.” And other electors either sought to convince Vice President Mike Pence to delay certification, the indictment said, or recertify Biden’s electors.

In the weeks following the Jan. 6 attack, prosecutors across the country weighed whether to investigate pro-Trump electors in their states. At the time in Arizona, then-Attorney General Mark Brnovich (R) chose not to do so. After Mayes won her election in 2022 — partly on a promise to investigate the elector strategy — she assigned a team of prosecutors to begin pursuing evidence.

Along the way, state prosecutors spent several hours interviewing Bowers, Republican members of the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors who voted to approve election results from the Phoenix area and others familiar with how the elector maneuver unfolded inside of the state GOP.

In early March, the probe began nearing an end, and the pro-Trump electors received subpoenas requesting their testimony before a grand jury. Many had been advised to invoke their Fifth Amendment right not to answer questions.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Bar Ran Dun posted:

They’re doing it on purpose. It’s like Mike Johnson going to Columbia. It’s intended to escalate and it’s all likely coordinated.
It’s absolutely part of the GOP’s election strategy

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
“Vote for us and we’ll hurt people you don’t like” has been the GOP strategy for at least a decade

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

thermodynamics cheated
gotta own to be one of these riot cops brought in to handle the chaos at these colleges and thinking "hell yeah. if one thing is consistent through history, its that protecting the establishment from a mass student uprising is something that never involves being on the wrong side of history. this is fuckin great how i wont be in videos that inspire more protest, cause this never escalates"

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Staluigi posted:

gotta own to be one of these riot cops brought in to handle the chaos at these colleges and thinking "hell yeah. if one thing is consistent through history, its that protecting the establishment from a mass student uprising is something that never involves being on the wrong side of history. this is fuckin great how i wont be in videos that inspire more protest, cause this never escalates"

I wonder if we are going to see this dude again.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

colleges have been nexuses of protests and political action since the greeks first started holding symposiums in fixed public locations

I'm not sure symposia could be considered a true analog for colleges. From what I know they were occasions where people drank, socialized, viewed entertainment, and occasionally had philosophical discussions, so they would be more similar to a college party than a university as an entire institution. Ancient Greeks already had a much closer analog, which would be the academy, from whence we get the term "academic."

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!

Monkey Paw, ACTIVATE (referring to the video where she said that she wants indictments, she wants perp walks, she wants arrests)

SirFozzie fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Apr 25, 2024

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I will never get over Ken Chesebro being a real name that exists

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Koos Group posted:

I'm not sure symposia could be considered a true analog for colleges. From what I know they were occasions where people drank, socialized, viewed entertainment, and occasionally had philosophical discussions, so they would be more similar to a college party than a university as an entire institution. Ancient Greeks already had a much closer analog, which would be the academy, from whence we get the term "academic."

whichever led to the forced hemlock drinking

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I will never get over Ken Chesebro being a real name that exists

And it’s a name that somehow is going to ring out through history. Climate change won’t kill literally everyone, and Kenny C’s a big enough player to make an appearance in all the weird A Canticle for Leibowitz-type tomes on the topic that will remain.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Even to this day Trump can sometimes be funny

https://twitter.com/ettingermentum/status/1783335563040321752

PurpleSky
Jun 28, 2022

Halloween Jack posted:

Let's say that Elon Musk, for example, bought TikTok. Do you not think the moderation of content would change at all?

It probably would. I don't really use TikTok but my guess is it will be replaced with some other app. I know that former Twitter users are having a hard time finding a replacement but it'll happen eventually.

PurpleSky fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Apr 25, 2024

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Cimber posted:

I wonder if we are going to see this dude again.

Probably not, once you get a promotion or two they put you in an office

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Staluigi posted:

gotta own to be one of these riot cops brought in to handle the chaos at these colleges and thinking

Already implausible

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

i gotta say, labelling a bunch of student antiwar protesters "terrorists" and then cheerleading a violent crackdown of them? Bush era is back! Thanks Biden!

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

It seems kind of counter-productive for the Democratic party leadership, electorally speaking, to force moral Americans to vote for Donald Trump in order to repudiate a pro-genocide policy carried out by the Biden administration. Why would the Biden administration choose to force the hand of an electorally significant group of moral voters.

Due to the blunt and inelegant electoral system in America Trump has unfortunately become the only valid candidate for this group of voters this election.

The Democrats would have to have known that there is a group of voters that would want to send a crystal clear message that genocide is an unacceptable policy for America in 2024. Do they (the Democrats) actually want to lose the election?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Those sure are words on pages which are given in a sequential order!

quote:

https://x.com/mxmimosa/status/1783201990278869414

College campuses across the country are heating up. All they’re simply doing is protesting Israel, but local and state governments are meeting them with brutality

How does the current response to these protests compare to the response the Vietnam protests got?

OscarDiggs fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Apr 25, 2024

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

It seems kind of counter-productive for the Democratic party leadership, electorally speaking, to force moral Americans to vote for Donald Trump in order to repudiate a pro-genocide policy carried out by the Biden administration. Why would the Biden administration choose to force the hand of an electorally significant group of moral voters.

Due to the blunt and inelegant electoral system in America Trump has unfortunately become the only valid candidate for this group of voters this election.

The Democrats would have to have known that there is a group of voters that would want to send a crystal clear message that genocide is an unacceptable policy for America in 2024. Do they (the Democrats) actually want to lose the election?

That's not how morals work.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

WebDO posted:

Probably not, once you get a promotion or two they put you in an office

What angers me is that dude got workers comp for 'trauma' from the reactions of the public for what he did.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

Maybe they're hoping no one is stupid enough to believe that Trump isn't chomping at the bit to be even more pro-genocide than Biden.

The real reason is probably that (unfortunately) most people don't care that much, and of the people who do care, most of the power is on the pro-genocide side.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

punishedkissinger posted:

i gotta say, labelling a bunch of student antiwar protesters "terrorists" and then cheerleading a violent crackdown of them? Bush era is back! Thanks Biden!

Can you source Biden calling them terrorists?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jesus Christ New York: New York’s highest court has overturned fallen Hollywood titan Harvey Weinstein’s sex crimes conviction.

In a 4-3 decision, the appeals court ruled Thursday that Weinstein was tried not only for the crimes he was charged with but with his past behavior, and that witnesses were allowed to testify about allegations that were not part of the case.

“Under our system of justice, the accused has a right to be held to account only for the crime charged,” the court said in its ruling.

The court has thus ordered a new trial, essentially forcing the disgraced movie mogul’s accusers to face reliving the painful episodes they described on the witness stand all over again.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/harve...ast%20behavior.

There are stories back in February where his lawyers asked for this, but nobody thought they'd actually grant it, gently caress.

AP confirms: https://apnews.com/article/weinstein-metoo-appeal-ed29faeec862abf0c071e8bd3574c4a3

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Apr 25, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Papercut posted:

Can you source Biden calling them terrorists?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-condemns-antisemitic-protests-palestine-columbia-university/

quote:

"I condemn the antisemitic protests," Mr. Biden told reporters after an Earth Day Event in Northern Virginia Monday. "That's why I've set up a program to deal with that.

https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news/columbia-university-protests-pro-palestinian-gaza-cease-fire-day-5/

quote:

"While every American has the right to peaceful protest, calls for violence and physical intimidation targeting Jewish students and the Jewish community are blatantly antisemitic, unconscionable, and dangerous -- they have absolutely no place on any college campus, or anywhere in the United States of America. And echoing the rhetoric of terrorist organizations, especially in the wake of the worst massacre committed against the Jewish people since the Holocaust, is despicable. We condemn these statements in the strongest terms," Deputy Press Secretary Andrew Bates said.