Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Bullshit probation

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Elephant Ambush posted:

Bullshit probation

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

Bullshit probation

Vulpine Complex
Apr 13, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

Bullshit probation

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Bullshit probation

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Bullshit probation

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Elephant Ambush posted:

Bullshit probation

Anyway, speaking of some actual news:

https://twitter.com/LailaAlarian/status/1785725466998964654

Also the house is about to vote on the Antisemitism Awareness Act which among other things seeks to change the definition of antisemitism to include

quote:

Drawing comparisons of contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis.

and

Denying the Jewish people their right to self-determination, e.g., by claiming that the existence of a State of Israel is a racist endeavor.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/01/politics/house-vote-antisemitism-awareness-act/index.html

Progressive members and the ACLU are railing against it, so wonder how many Dems vote for it

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

Bullshit probation

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Kalli posted:

Anyway, speaking of some actual news:

https://twitter.com/LailaAlarian/status/1785725466998964654

Also the house is about to vote on the Antisemitism Awareness Act which among other things seeks to change the definition of antisemitism to include

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/01/politics/house-vote-antisemitism-awareness-act/index.html

Progressive members and the ACLU are railing against it, so wonder how many Dems vote for it

Something tells me this is going to pass, and will be used by university administrators and legal authorties to further crackdown on protests.

Edit: Of loving Course

https://twitter.com/jacobkornbluh/status/1785775817353507053

133 Democrats voted yay. Good to see the party is still worse than useless.

Nucleic Acids fucked around with this message at 22:08 on May 1, 2024

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

did anyone actually watch the clip?

it's biased and spun in a way im pretty sure noone here agrees with, but it is judiciously clear of misinformation or lies. like when she talks about it being 'unclear how many protestors are students', the subtitle refers to many of those arrested not being from Columbia but rather from City university and possible elsewhere.

it's incredibly easy to dunk on the pro-israel lobby and university admins and counterprotestors and news coverage. I dont know why people keep having to post unsupported bullshit and then act like its fascism to try to have an accurate discussion based on facts.

e: thanks for the av. it can help raise awareness about the crimes being committed in Palestine, unlike posting bullshit and then getting aggro.

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 1, 2024

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Main Paineframe posted:

It doesn't seem to be doing that at all. At no point does it implicate the pro-peace protesters as the sole or primary source of violence. In fact, it describes several incidents of the police using physical force against protesters, without any indication that the protesters used violence or did anything in particular to provoke the police response. The only direct attribution of violence it includes is a mention of a single fight between pro-Israeli protesters and pro-Palestinian protesters with people throwing large objects at each other (with no mention of who started it, yes, but I wouldn't expect them to say because it's unlikely that they have hard evidence either way!). It carefully avoids accusing the protesters of doing anything more than making people uncomfortable.

If you're mad about disinformation or lies, then point to the misinformation and lies so we can talk about it, instead of just assuming that everyone already agrees with you that the mainstream media are constantly lying and can't ever be trusted.

quote:

"Destruction, violence and hate overtake college campuses across the country with Jewish students feeling unsafe at their own schools. It is unacceptable, and harkening back to the 1930s in Europe."

That statement seems to pretty strongly link the protestors with "destruction" and "violence" and, again, references Hitler. Also declares this "unacceptable" so it's not even a particularly neutral stance.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Nucleic Acids posted:

The problem is that you seem to have accepted a basically false framing of what happened.

What's the false framing?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Raenir Salazar posted:

What's the false framing?

I think the false framing was that Destruction, violence and hate overtake college campuses across the country with Jewish students feeling unsafe at their own schools. As well as it harkening back to the 1930s in Europe, which is a bit asinine.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Nucleic Acids posted:

Something tells me this is going to pass, and will be used by university administrators and legal authorties to further crackdown on protests.

Edit: Of loving Course

https://twitter.com/jacobkornbluh/status/1785775817353507053

133 Democrats voted yay. Good to see the party is still worse than useless.

The Democratic Party, as a whole, showing that simply voting for Democrats does not necessarily mean good outcomes.

I have no faith in them fighting against fascism when they do poo poo like this

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Guys it's totally not misinformation to say that college campuses today are just like 1930s Germany and are being overrun by violence and hatred towards Jews

Not a lie at all! It's totally true!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

did anyone actually watch the clip?

it's biased and spun in a way im pretty sure noone here agrees with, but it is judiciously clear of misinformation

Without commenting on the video in question, this is a false distinction; I believe bias and spin are both classifiable as "misinformation." True statements that tell only partial or incomplete truths are information but also "mis-".

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

koolkal posted:

That statement seems to pretty strongly link the protestors with "destruction" and "violence" and, again, references Hitler. Also declares this "unacceptable" so it's not even a particularly neutral stance.

In the quoted post, I was talking about the video, not the tweet. But my overall conclusion remains true here too: "It carefully avoids accusing the protesters of doing anything more than making people uncomfortable".

If you were already predisposed to think that the protesters are bad and violent, would you read it as something that confirms your preexisting biases even though it doesn't actually say any of those things? Probably. That doesn't mean it's disinformation, though, that just means it's vague. And tweets are often vague, due to the wordcount limitation that makes it impractical to describe things in great detail.

Is it neutral? Of loving course not. The video makes sure to remind the viewer that the war started when "Hamas terrorists brutally murdered more than a thousand people", to use their exact words, and then goes on to announce an interview with the relatives of a hostage and smugly adds "you don't hear the pro-Palestinian protesters talking about that" (referring to the plight of the hostages). I deliberately held off on mentioning those details before, because I wanted to see if any of the people complaining about the clip were actually going to watch it - the anchor makes no secret of her biases, at all!

Does that somehow mean that all claims of misinformation are non-credible, as Nucleic Acids appears to have suggested? Not unless you have some preexisting biases of your own you're looking for confirmation for.

Quantum Cat
May 6, 2007
Why am I in a BOX?WFT?!

It is always so weird to watch so many supposedly intelligent and thoughtful people rush in, practically tripping over themselves to go, "weeeeeeellll actually it wasn't technically a lie as you'll see here on my pocket sized chart of acceptable propaganda."

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Main Paineframe posted:

In the quoted post, I was talking about the video, not the tweet. But my overall conclusion remains true here too: "It carefully avoids accusing the protesters of doing anything more than making people uncomfortable".

If you were already predisposed to think that the protesters are bad and violent, would you read it as something that confirms your preexisting biases even though it doesn't actually say any of those things? Probably. That doesn't mean it's disinformation, though, that just means it's vague. And tweets are often vague, due to the wordcount limitation that makes it impractical to describe things in great detail.

The problem with the tweet isn't its vagueness; it's that it specifically compares the protesters to the Nazis in 1930s Germany.

e: and, of course, you can't really disentangle the tweet from the video so neatly, since a lot of people are going to access that clip via twitter and other social media. So if that's the first impression they're getting of the video, they're already going into it thinking, "These protesters are like the Nazis in the 1930s; the summary tweet says so."

e2: this is the sort of poo poo CNN is pulling:

https://twitter.com/lalarian/status/1785723683819884796

You can read about the case of Dr. Sami Al-Arian (the poster's father) on the Human Rights Watch page.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 23:50 on May 1, 2024

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://vxtwitter.com/mattbinder/status/1785778592967766297

This is completely unhinged. Cutting a propaganda video about arresting peaceful protesters is wild, but, again, expected

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
In a piece of good news for a change, the Arizona legislature has voted to overturn the state's 1864 abortion ban:
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1785757601839431964

The repeal passed the AZ Senate 16-14, with two Republicans flipping and voting with the Dems to overturn the ban. That means Arizona will revert to the more recent 15-week abortion ban when the bill takes effect in a couple of months.

Other Republicans made their support for the ban quite clear during the debate, with one of them going so far as to compare the repeal to the Holocaust. The GOP certainly seems to be splitting quite a bit over abortion.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I do appreciate that there's one thing that can bring both sides together

https://twitter.com/MavenNavarro1/status/1785785576571994299

small butter
Oct 8, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

As I said, it was a guess.

Which is why this chart is kind of suspect. And what kinds of assumptions are being made by the chart, anyway? That Republican states will eventually all expand Medicaid? That they won't? Perhaps the most striking assumption is that this Trump health plan would have been passed at all. I mean, even the most braindead obvious basic infrastructure legislation couldn't get passed by a Republican trifecta. Are we to seriously believe that a phantom health insurance law that purports to upend health insurance coverage in the United States would have gotten passed?

Willa Rogers posted:

The 2026 numbers, as with the other years, are cumulative deaths, not deaths per year. The projected ACA total deaths thru 2026 look to be around 320k, while the projected AHCA total deaths thru 2026 appear to be around 540k. That is not a factor of two, but yes: 20 percent or w/e more deaths per year does accumulate over time. It's still hundreds of thousands of people dying under either plan because of being uninsured or underinsured.

I realize that the deaths are cumulative. This is why the divergence is getting larger over time: the cumulative health effects of not having insurance or shittier insurance.

And yes, the difference is nearly a factor of 2 by 2026 and will surpass that given the trajectory of those lines; pointing out that Republicans would kill 69% more people and not 100% is not a serious counterargument to the vast difference between Obamacare and whatever Trump vomited out.

And again, no one is claiming that the ACA is some kind of perfect health insurance. Everyone here wants M4A because it's superior in every way. But the comparison needs to be to the alternative, which never passed under Republicans, and the difference between Democratic and Republican states re Medicaid expansion based on the law that we do have.

Willa Rogers posted:

Funny you should mention the pandemic & Medicaid, bc one of the pandemic-relief programs started under Trump was no-questions-asked/no-income-verification-required Medicaid that led to record numbers of enrollment--but that's now been phased out by most states through a combination of low income threshold for means-testing and administrative snafus (people moving or not filling out the paperwork properly).

Here are some charts from KFF showing how many the percentage of people who have lost their Medicaid coverage since the "unwinding" began of no-questions-asked Medicaid:

More info here at the KFF Medicaid disenrollment tracker.

Tens of millions of Americans now have lost their free healthcare under Medicaid, but it was great while we had it (alongside expanded unemployment comp; student-loan & mortgage forbearance; and cash outlays). I've always said that the best aspect of the ACA was the Medicaid expansion (shame about the part that scotus cited), which is why I was mystified that you were questioning my opinion about it.

eta: As to your point about mean Republican states that have refused expansion, my point in mentioning scotus was to point out that it was the ACA's tying of the expansion to receiving any Medicaid money at all that killed it for the Court. Baucus et al. could've drafted that part without the all-or-nothing language that was rejected by scotus.

I'd also point out that if the ACA had expanded Medicare to replace Medicaid I don't believe that it could've been rejected by the states. For example, Medicare covers gender-affirming healthcare and no matter how Republican a state may be, its leaders & legislatures cannot overturn that coverage.

The no-questions-asked Medicaid that was "started under Trump" is a red herring and irrelevant to what we're discussing.

But I'll bite: the largest disenrollment numbers happened--surprise, surprise!--in Republican states, proving our good friend After The War correct yet again. There is only 1 truly Republican state in the top 10 highest renewals on that list (and only 3 in the top 20).

After The War posted:

Reminder that people are dying every day because of states refusing the Medicare extensions in the ACA, leading to hospital closure. They have no problems loving over their own citizens.

And I'm positive that many of those provisions that you like in the 2020 Families First Coronavirus Response Act only happened because we had a Democratic House that demanded them. But again - red herring. Whether or not the people who got enrolled during the pandemic due to temporary new rules are getting disenrolled now does not change the original math of Medicaid expansion.

I'm not sure if your implying that the ACA Medicaid expansion portion was drafted in such a way as to eventually get it killed in the court. If not, I agree - it's not a perfect bill and there were obvious fuckups in it.

koolkal posted:

It's going to be interesting in that the most likely outcome given polling is that the Dems take back the House, lose the Senate, and lose the Presidency. There are a number of polls showing states with a noticeable gap between the Senate race and the Presidential.

Highly unlikely, especially since the latest redistricting made the maps fairer and more representative.

Can you give me an example of a nominee losing the presidential bid but having his party capture the House in the last 30 years?

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

koolkal posted:

It's going to be interesting in that the most likely outcome given polling is that the Dems take back the House, lose the Senate, and lose the Presidency. There are a number of polls showing states with a noticeable gap between the Senate race and the Presidential.

If Dems only take back the House and Nate Silver's polling aggregate is actually accurate I'll be shocked. Every election from 2018 to just yesterday, from New York to Alabama, has been examples of Dems over-performing results compared to what polling has expected. To me, it seems like a serious case of Herding is going on and the posters themselves are just consistently weighting Trump/Repub chances as better because everyone else is and they don't want to be outliers. That, and they still rely on landline telephone calls where chuds only pick up the phone to shout "TRUMP!!" and hangup.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

small butter posted:

Which is why this chart is kind of suspect. And what kinds of assumptions are being made by the chart, anyway? That Republican states will eventually all expand Medicaid? That they won't? Perhaps the most striking assumption is that this Trump health plan would have been passed at all. I mean, even the most braindead obvious basic infrastructure legislation couldn't get passed by a Republican trifecta. Are we to seriously believe that a phantom health insurance law that purports to upend health insurance coverage in the United States would have gotten passed?

As I've said, I don't know the source of the chart's data & could only guess that that was the no. Sanders cited during his campaign of 80k people/year dying bc of being uninsured or underinsured, likely based on KFF stats since it's the leading researcher for that sector.

I am not asking you to seriously believe anything, nor am I averring anything in particular about Republicans or Democrats; I was discussing the topic of Medicaid expansion in context of the thread's conversation at that point with other posters like Beetus, and in context of why people feel their economic situations are precarious even though they may be working & satisfied with their own situations.

Willa Rogers fucked around with this message at 02:23 on May 2, 2024

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

Pleasant Friend posted:

If Dems only take back the House and Nate Silver's polling aggregate is actually accurate I'll be shocked. Every election from 2018 to just yesterday, from New York to Alabama, has been examples of Dems over-performing results compared to what polling has expected. To me, it seems like a serious case of Herding is going on and the posters themselves are just consistently weighting Trump/Repub chances as better because everyone else is and they don't want to be outliers. That, and they still rely on landline telephone calls where chuds only pick up the phone to shout "TRUMP!!" and hangup.

https://emersoncollegepolling.com/trump-holds-edge-over-biden-in-seven-key-swing-state-polls/

So the reason I think there's a strong chance Biden underperforms the party is that these polls were conducted asking the same person about both the Senate race AND the Presidential. So even if you end up with some crazy dude screaming TRUMP they apparently also screamed GALLEGO along with it.

And the Dems overperforming in special elections is an indication that they'll take the House but it's a bit of an extrapolation to say that Biden will also enjoy the same success when he's doing worse than Senate races in 6 out of 7 swing states (Georgia having no Senate race being the exception).

small butter posted:

Can you give me an example of a nominee losing the presidential bid but having his party capture the House in the last 30 years?

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Main Paineframe posted:

In a piece of good news for a change, the Arizona legislature has voted to overturn the state's 1864 abortion ban:
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1785757601839431964

The repeal passed the AZ Senate 16-14, with two Republicans flipping and voting with the Dems to overturn the ban. That means Arizona will revert to the more recent 15-week abortion ban when the bill takes effect in a couple of months.

Other Republicans made their support for the ban quite clear during the debate, with one of them going so far as to compare the repeal to the Holocaust. The GOP certainly seems to be splitting quite a bit over abortion.

was this that poo poo where the conservatives were all talking in tongues in religious reverence over the bill being passed or was that a different set of theocratic nutbags

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Republicans already held the house after 2010

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

Angry_Ed posted:

Republicans already held the house after 2010

So an election in the last 30 years where the party that did not control the House in the preceding midterms wins control of the House while the Presidential candidate in the same party loses?

That's a lot of stipulations! The "student loan debt forgiveness program for Pell Grant recipients who start a business that operates for three years in disadvantaged communities" of elections.

If that many qualifiers are needed for it to be unique, it doesn't seem like it's making a strong argument that it's particularly exceptional.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
republicans lost 8 house seats in 2012 and thanks to gerrymandering and the vagaries of district by district results actually lost the total votes cast in all house races 47.7% to 48.8% to the dems. if the dems have a similar performance to the 2012 republican house they will definitely not regain the house

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

https://twitter.com/seattletimes/status/1785808009563623727

Another Boeing whistleblower has died suddenly, doesn't seem to be foul play but it sure seems to be happening a lot lately.

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Maybe you thought I was the Packard Goose?

Pleasant Friend posted:

Well it's great that it seems that way to you, but your point here amounts to: "I have faith that all the polls are wrong!" Which is, in effect, the same sort of copium-huffing that prevailed in GOP circles in 2020.

In the real world, Biden is currently behind Trump in every swing state, has the lowest average job approval on record, and is doing so poorly among young voters that, depending on the likely voter screen used, might be losing that demographic to Trump. It doesn't seem very likely that recent events will cause him to recover the youth vote.

Aside from the polls, I think you're straight up delusional if you believe that Biden isn't facing a massive enthusiasm problem that is going to result in diminished democratic voter turnout. While it's true that most voters don't prioritize foreign policy as their most important issue, voters (especially younger voters & especially democrats) tend to place a lot of importance on a candidate sharing their values. So (e.g.) even if Gaza isn't someone's most important issue, Biden's pro-genocide position very clearly marks a massive difference between his values and the values of democratic base voters. It's hard to get enthusiastic about "protecting democracy" when "democracy" seems to mean "rich pro-Israel donors get to overrule the position of a majority of democratic voters".

And of course, even if you ignore the genocide, more voters trust Trump on the economy. While I realize that this thread has a habit of scolding the plebs for not understanding that the economic data actually says things are amazing - and while y'all may be technically correct, for all that matters - it's pretty doubtful that's a winning message.

I guess you could be right, but the inference from "democrats overperformed since 2018" to "Joe Biden surely will overperform in 2024" is incredibly weak. Joe Biden was only on the ballot for one of those elections, and there are strong intuitive and objective reasons to believe that the possibility of Biden overperforming the polls is a lot lower than you're claiming.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Bellmaker posted:

Another Boeing whistleblower has died suddenly, doesn't seem to be foul play but it sure seems to be happening a lot lately.

Who knew "quality engineer" was such a dangerous job.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Bellmaker posted:

i guess if you have enough deadly corporate malfeasance, eventually you'll have enough whistleblowers that statistically some of them will be dying on a frequent basis

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

It is a tragedy that occurs to thousands every year. Antibiotic resistance is a serious and growing problem. In 2017, there were more than 20,000 MRSA-associated deaths in the United States.

But things might get better, as the Biden administration has undertaken an historic role in fighting back -- in 2022, the White House announced that the Department of Health and Human Services would invest $40 million to expand the role of biomanufacturing in antibiotics. We can only hope continued "moon shot" efforts, in particular private-public partnerships to encourage innovative approaches to drug development, can bring a halt to these deaths.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Those are all polls. Special elections (where people are actually voting on ballots) suggest a different environment. Also, even if Biden loses in November (~50% chance) he is not going to lose the 18-29 demographic lmao.

If you believe the polls where Biden is doing poorly with young voters, it's because of standard Republican issues like immigration and "the economy", not Gaza. Gaza isn't going to be a major issue in the presidential election. Even if the election is so close that people voting because of Gaza might have decided it, there will be other issues voters ranked as more important. Biden's policy on Israel is bad on its own merits, there's no need for a largely imaginary story about how it will cost him reelection.

Trump, meanwhile, lost 17% of the vote to Nikki Haley in the Pennsylvania primary last week (closed primary in a key swing state Trump likely needs to win the election), 80 years after Haley suspended her campaign.

edit Republicans are also broke and Trump is scamming their donors to pay his lawyers while Democrats have unlimited money

James Garfield fucked around with this message at 02:59 on May 2, 2024

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007

mawarannahr posted:

It is a tragedy that occurs to thousands every year. Antibiotic resistance is a serious and growing problem. In 2017, there were more than 20,000 MRSA-associated deaths in the United States.

But things might get better, as the Biden administration has undertaken an historic role in fighting back -- in 2022, the White House announced that the Department of Health and Human Services would invest $40 million to expand the role of biomanufacturing in antibiotics. We can only hope continued "moon shot" efforts, in particular private-public partnerships to encourage innovative approaches to drug development, can bring a halt to these deaths.

40 million dollars, glad to know the we're ready to commit the opening weekend box office of the failed Aquaman sequel to handling an existential crisis.

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Maybe you thought I was the Packard Goose?

James Garfield posted:

Those are all polls. Special elections (where people are actually voting on ballots) suggest a different environment. Also, even if Biden loses in November (~50% chance) he is not going to lose the 18-29 demographic lmao.

If you believe the polls where Biden is doing poorly with young voters, it's because of standard Republican issues like immigration and "the economy", not Gaza. Gaza isn't going to be a major issue in the presidential election. Even if the election is so close that people voting because of Gaza might have decided it, there will be other issues voters ranked as more important. Biden's policy on Israel is bad on its own merits, there's no need for a largely imaginary story about how it will cost him reelection.

So... you got any objective data or evidence to back any of that up? Or is it just an imaginary story of your own?

Kagrenak
Sep 8, 2010

Gnumonic posted:

So... you got any objective data or evidence to back any of that up? Or is it just an imaginary story of your own?

Gaza/the Middle East/really any foreign policy at all is basically no one's most important issue (net 6-8% for all three put together), although I disagree with James Garfield about the size of the effect it may still have as turmoil.

https://news.gallup.com/file/poll/644591/2024_04_30_Most%20Important%20Problem.pdf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
***edit***

Sorry, Painframe, didn't see your followup on this page before I posted this.

Main Paineframe posted:

If you're mad about disinformation or lies, then point to the misinformation and lies so we can talk about it, instead of just assuming that everyone already agrees with you that the mainstream media are constantly lying and can't ever be trusted.

I don't know about disinformation, but there is a very strong position being taken in the video.

After an uncritical show of Eric Adam's self-admittedly baseless accusations of outside agitators being the source of unrest, there is this monologue:

quote:

Many of these protests started peacefully, with legitimate questions about the war. But in many cases, they lost the plot. They're calling for a ceasefire, well there was a ceasefire on October 6th the day before Hamas terrorists brutally murdered more than a thousand people inside Israel, and took hundreds more as hostages.

This hour I'll speak to an American-Israeli family whose son is still held captive by Hamas, since that horrifying day that brought us to this moment. You don't hear the pro-Palestinian protestors talking about that. We will.

Now, protesting the way the Israeli government, the way the Israeli Prime Minister is prosecuting the retaliatory war against Hamas is one thing, making Jewish students feel unsafe at their own schools is unacceptable and it is happening way too much right now.

*video clip from UCLA*

Again, what you just saw is 2024 in Los Angeles. Harkening back to the 1930s in Europe, and I do not say that lightly. The fear among Jews in this country is palpable right now.

Main Paineframe posted:

Technically true I guess, but that conclusion elides the gross bias displayed towards the Zionists and the open and utterly unjustifiably conflation of pro-Palestinian protestors and Nazis.

Stringent fucked around with this message at 03:38 on May 2, 2024