Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Kchama posted:

Joe Biden's nickname back in 2008 was 'Gaffe Machine' because he made verbal mistakes like this all the time and always has. They're basically part of his brand.

Honestly probably preferable to his new, also well-earned nickname

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

They're probably not Zionists but the same bias that exists everywhere in the west (where IDF statements are reported as unassailable facts by all major news sources) that Israel must be the good guys and Palestinians must be terrorists who hate freedom and just want to jihad everyone undoubtedly was given the benefit of the doubt.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

People also feel it's acceptable to be tired and drive and studies repeatedly show that can be worse than being drunk and driving.

Basically cars are death machines

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Proof we need to invest in public transit and let more people work remote: "yes I'm knowingly doing something as dangerous as drunk driving but I have no choice."

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Sarcastro posted:

I guess I meant even before that part, though, just when Trump makes the request to kick off the struggle.

and then he publicly harasses the shareholder who holds it up

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

Biden has the senate so if Thomas croaks it would get filled immediately.

Is it possible Sinema tanks it out of spite and just being "independent?"

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Joe Biden fervently believes that Israelis have a right to exist that includes killing everyone else who's not his fault.

Trump doesn't care that much. He'd have, by now, demanded Bibi do something for him or he'll cut off the faucet.

Either way, Joe is a loving racist genocide lover and "but but but Trump will be worse" doesn't change that.

Either way, we're paying for Israelis to have free healthcare and bomb children.

https://twitter.com/aamer_rahman/status/1777456111618085119/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1777456111618085119&currentTweetUser=aamer_rahman

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Apr 17, 2024

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Maybe it's better if trump actually tears the system down and we can try again if the lesser evil gives a country free healthcare and pays for a genocide with our tax dollars.

At this point, I think our nation is a failure. There's no incrementalism vs big changes argument to be had when we're paying for an apartheid state to starve and bomb children and have free healthcare while we won't take an ambulance for fear of the costs. There is no nuance here. We are villains and the vote blue no matter who folks are like just shut up and ignore it.

Eventually all 1.1 million kids in Gaza will be dead and we won't be supporting a genocide anymore I guess.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

So basically, ignore the genocide that we're funding with our tax dollars.

Would you have said the same in 1941, if we were giving money to Germany?

I'm hoping against hope making noise will lead to some actual red lines from the Biden admin, but libs are doing the work of Genocide Joe by shouting down that Gaza isn't all that important.

Also neither is us paying for Israel's free healthcare and college.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

DeadlyMuffin posted:

Why do you think the fascist is the lesser evil?

I think our nation and system has failed and trying to pretend that it's alright when we pay for a genocide is wrong. I don't think trump is the lesser evil but I find the distinction rather unimportant at this point. Biden goes around congress to help Israel kill children. That is a fact.

edit: and then trots out Matthew Miller to laugh and smirk and roll his eyes about it

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 17, 2024

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Who cares if we pay for a genocide, lol, lmao is at least an honest white liberal take, so good on you there

imagine being triggered by paying taxes and those taxes being used to kill children, lol, U MAD BRO

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Mendrian posted:

I think the fundamental disconnect that happens whenever this topic comes up is the idea that a vote, that an election, is evidence of 'support'. It is not. When we get to the actual presidential election, you make a choice between two options. This choice should be informed by pragmatism and politics. If you want to end the genocide in Gaza, by all means, please follow your morals - but you'll affect far more change by protesting, pressuring your local politicians, and donating money to relevant groups than by withholding your vote. I think because our electoral choice is basically a foregone requirement in our society we see it as our most relevant way to affect all social change and it isn't. You can vote for Biden on Tuesday and continue protesting him on Wednesday because that's the nature of our system. I don't think that's great, but you aren't supporting a genocide by doing so, you're making a choice between two options which, as you point out, may be fundamentally broken. But the way to affect that change is by organizing, protest, etc. Voting for Trump will not 'overturn the system'. There is no way out of this mess by voting, you don't get to mash a reset button with your vote because your vote just doesn't determine that.

Well my vote doesn't actually matter because I'm in a blue state and we have a system where extra votes don't matter, just that you have enough in this arbitrary geographical area and Biden won't lose there

So basically I have no say in what happens no matter what.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/KristiNoem/status/1786018855476777270

At this point it would be better for her to pretend that she made up the whole thing to look tough.

Well well well if it isn't the consequences of my actions

I don't think this would hurt her with the base though, Trump is already the only president who hates dogs, even though the base probably almost universally loves dogs. There's just no getting through to those people

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Mark Hamill has been unabashedly pro Israel / Zionism for a long time

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

zoux posted:

So then why block the sale

TikTok doesn't just exist in the US you know

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Jaxyon posted:

They're 100% going to pin it on Gaza protesters.

The new Bernie Bros

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

FlamingLiberal posted:

My assumption was them killing Roe v. Wade would be the final straw, but now that they have seen that there was no real consequence for them doing that, it's going to get much worse from here on out

It's like where the villain in cinema masterpiece Last Action Hero is in the real world and realizes he can get away with murder pretty easily

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Lifetime appointments were such a hilariously bad mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

going by twitter, no one knows poo poo until the fog goes away

Really amazing how despite all prior evidence, people fly deathtraps helicopters into fog like that...in mountainous areas no less.