Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
listening to afternoon npr, and they're talking about some new herbal supplement notdrug call Kratom, never heard of it, but im a lame straightedge nerd. also i dont live in FL. (the guest journalist are in FL)

seems kinda odd they would have a piece about some new supa danger drug before its widely/nationally known??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Kalli posted:

Was there anything pointing that at Wohl? Because if anything I figured that was far closer to a white hat operation considering how beyond pointless that was to try and disrupt, while still being important enough to have attention paid to it.

what points to it being a white hat op?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Charliegrs posted:

Just making voting a 2 week long event (including weekends) instead of a dumbass one day affair. Most people can manage to get a day off in a 2 week period.

nah make it longer.

like its tax season right now, make it as long as that.

also give state board of elections enough money to way way way more people, but also allow them to have 24 hour early inperson voting sites

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

mobby_6kl posted:

Just have everyone wear airbags

that reminds me of some scifi ish concept drawing of what if humans evolved with cars, and yeah we would be flesh golems

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

zoux posted:

Speculation time: Trump is famously a teetotaller, so do we think AB Inbev paid him for this or what

i mean wouldnt such dark money transaction be trivially easy to spot?

Don's mush brain is a broken clock that knows some culture war fights are duds.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
my two cents are moderates/fairweathers are spoiled entitled pieces of poo poo that are angry that they still have to pay attention and care.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the james okeef comparisons means Wohl's downfall will be spending toooo much dark money on singing and dance lessons AND creating a hostile workplace from singing and demanding attendance of their shows

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i thought duggar just had the linux iso and the tor broswer exe. he's too stupid to know theres more to it than that.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
im pretty sure most of the Batman is bad stuff is all college students and early 20something nerds having baby's first serious analysis.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Randalor posted:

"Ahem, and what do you expect Superman to do on a JOURNALISTS salary? Especially for a dying newspaper?"
:goonsay:

he could move his arms around in a circle really fast and at the specific and precise frequency of 60 htz.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
you dont quench magnets with water, you quench with energy drinks

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
can I just say "smart" gambling / stocks and other fin poo poo is also a great plague.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
is a candy even an effect form for fet?

also those dumb bunker fucks usually only have one point of entry/exit or have one obvious air intake vent or no air intake vent.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
are we really doing another unironic "explaining is the same as endorsing" thing again?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Polls say Biden is bad and vibes are bad. so things are bad.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

haveblue posted:

This is true of guns because pro-gun nuts have been established at every level of government for a long time, but I don't think vaccine denialism is quite that entrenched yet. Unvaccinated deaths are still seen as preventable by a lot of people and there's no equivalent of the NRA or the 2nd Amendment for vaccines.

California was able to fix itself last time they had a measles outbreak meta-epidemic, although I think that's been slipping recently

wasnt this before 2016, the meta for internet shitposting has changed and things are going to get worse before it might get better it keeps getting worse

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Main Paineframe posted:

It's an incredible grift if you can pull it off and have zero sense of shame. Not only is it extremely lucrative to sell crap to Trump's personality cult, but the MAGAs possess so much influence in the GOP that a relative political newbie can leapfrog past the senior Republicans to snag top leadership positions and important seats if they just fellate the MAGAs enough.

Mike Johnson ran for his first political position ever in 2015, and just eight years later he was Speaker of the House. It's an absurdly fast rise enabled pretty much entirely by his close ties to Trump and the MAGA wing.

for what its worth I do respect the regressive machine actually getting some younger blood in it, like Dems still have a problem, like voting matters, but actually getting younger people(aka under 50? 60?) in its organization is also important.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Bellmaker posted:

This is a reskinned version of Dirty Harry which uhhhhhhhhhhhh sure fits CPAC!

wow the reskin is like objectively worse in so many ways.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
sounds like one of Don's allies used a cross somewhere in the US (or world) as its soul jar.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

““Remember, every communist regime throughout history has tried to stamp out the churches, just like every fascist regime has tried to co-opt them and control them,” Trump told hundreds of cheering attendees at the National Religious Broadcasters International Christian Media Convention in Nashville.”

I could choke on the irony.

this seems way to coherent for Don

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
finally a government is going after auto scroll and inf scroll.

pagination will finally have the backing of the law.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Ither posted:

I wish.

Call me old, but pagination is so much better the infinite scroll.

oh it also has to be good pagination like each page is a unique url, and they should also show the 0th and nth positions. oh and maybe the midpoint and some other fractions.

why are websites worse than books at organizing infomation?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
its only been a few days, give the fundies the weekend to bark(and gather some dark money) at the rest of the party before they(non fundies) pivot back

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

KillHour posted:

Florida did a good thing!? What the hell.

not really and while im an electronic old man posting on a dead gay message board and hates social media, that isnt the way help with youth tech problems or mental/emotional health problems.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Sarcastro posted:

Grown men wearing cowboy hats indoors.

native Texan goons say its always the out of state-ers that do that virtual signalling peacocking crap . they tryhard super hard with their hats, boots, and stringy tie thing (sorry brain fart made me forget), is it the same with OK state?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Tiny Timbs posted:

Never apologize or feel bad for looking down on these folks

but the NYT trump safari article #79234797237 says these people have ideas and stuff.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Katie Britt is going to try and break the "Promising political rising star ruins career after giving SOTU response" curse.

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1763294115091943449

I hope she has the thickest AL accent ever.

regional accents dying and everything homogenizing into newcaster style is lame

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Blue Footed Booby posted:

It's a quote from Men in Black.

well K was wrong.

also the consequences of the 2nd movie and us being in a giant locker universe has interesting implications.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Cimber posted:

The thing I am dreading with the election season warming up is the fucksticks and their endless loving trump flags flying off everything.

some goons are posting how 2020 and other years had don merch all year around but this year it seemed to have died off.

like yeah theres probably going to be a influx after the RNC, not to mention dems who hate peacocking once again asking"why no signage?".

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
surely their algo now has a WFH factor in it by now?

(oh and then they get data from biking, walking, or other phone apps and spike you because a human body isnt in a machine is more vulnerable?)

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
im skeptical of the supposed braindrain stuff like that because surely we would have seen economic impact of it by now or soon?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I mean I don’t disagree fully but a lot of that stuff was creative and something different. Plus a bunch of those newgrounds artists went on to be bigger artists and or make shows of their own. The ones I hate are the content farms that poo poo out crap that steals from other artists or creators to make weird dumb lazy poo poo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6xsF3-aB8c

the solution to content farms is upload fees. (oh and also a account creation fee and decent record keeping and kyc and dd stuff for payouts)

like the tech addiction is a complicated problem the but it should start as close to the source as possible and not this THINKOFTHECHILDREN crap because adults are tech addicts themseleves and if kids see their parents or adults doing screen time why shouldnt they?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the Schumer thing might show that some backroom numbers might be interesting?

like keyboard warriors on the internet and their tiny tiny tiny attention spans might be getting the start of what they want?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
twitter addicts are still tweeting, why wouldnt tiktok have a long decline?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
fair matching making sounds like communism, i thought were suppose to celebrate the best people running up their bank scores the game score

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
is there any chance a nj senate seat flips red? like the senate is a apparently a tough race this cycle, but would suck if a traditional blue freebie wasnt a freebie

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
any reason for the confidence for Kim to win the primary? hear theres some minor primary drama with the supposed shadow of the governor's wife also vying for the seat.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
drat why is Biden allowing that to happen.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
ive recently learn that michelin is the same michelin as in the tire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
oh also Guinness_World_Records is the beer.

drunks arguing poo poo or attempting to break (dumb) records has an official book. also I guess bartenders have a nice hard cover to smack drunks with. (though the pages aret particularly tough or water proof.)

any way those are my two examples of a unique company name being the same company, there's probably several other glaringly obvious examples.