Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i am not "gonna hand it to him" (zuck) because while it's nice he managed to pull an apology out of his rear end, he's only done it after how many years of enabling this poo poo with no end, and even then only at the prompting of a senator currently grilling him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

You don't have to hand it to him. I was posting that because of how robotic and lovely it was that he goes out of his way to claim that there is no scientific proof that social media has any impact on children's mental health after being asked to confront people whose kids killed themselves via eating disorders or suicide prompted by things on social media.

there wasn't an implication that you were instructing people to do so, i am simply saying that nothing he says in front of people holds a candle to the amount of objective evil he has explicitly enabled

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Shadowlyger posted:

It is true. Withholding your vote will not stop there being a winner and will not stop them from doing stuff once in office. If you cared about what they do once they're there, you'd have voted.

If you don't vote, you're okay with Biden or Trump committing genocide, because otherwise you would vote against them.
If you do vote, you're okay with Biden (or Trump) committing genocide, because you voted for them knowing how they behave.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i get how he feels b/c if you asked me on the spot what year either of my grandparents died i wouldn't be able to confidently get it right because the times they did were pretty chaotic moments around '15/'21

and if you then turned around after that and went "haha so old and senile they can't remember!" to the loving press i would certainly want to rip that person a new rear end in a top hat or two

biden is a dinosaur who has no right being prez at his age but i think i can give him a pass on this one

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

cat botherer posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/15/business/economy/amazon-labor-nlrb.html

That Staten Island Amazon warehouse unionized a couple years ago. Amazon retaliated against some of the organizers and this lead to action by NLRB prosecutors. Now Amazon, joined by SpaceX and Trader Joe’s, are arguing that the NLRB’s structure itself is unconstitutional.

And in even worse news,

I've been reading The Big Myth and I'm halfway through the chapter about the New Deal, and it's really depressing seeing the same tactics that were employed back then still very much in use today.

I don't really know what to think other than these people are absolute ghouls.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Aegis posted:

Republicans had majorities in both houses until January 2019.

That wasn't the point; the point was that even without doing a whole lot legislatively (regardless of who held it) he still managed to gently caress up a ton of things.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
At some point I'm left wondering if the non-Trump GOP game plan is just "pray he croaks".

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

socialsecurity posted:

I don't doubt there were discussions of a ceasefire, I just don't think Israel would ever agree to terms that weren't awful for everyone in Gaza.

yeah. given that this whole thing seems rather one-sided, i'm not sure why israel would agree to a ceasefire outside of some heavy coercion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Did anything come out of that whole whistleblower who was murdered totally committed suicide?