Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Used to work at the base of that bridge. Hard to overstate how much traffic and shipping will be hosed by this.

I can't imagine the response will be anything but an all-hands GET THAT PORT ACCESS CLEARED from the feds but the bridge itself will take years to replace no matter what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Fuschia tude posted:

How long does it take to install a temporary bridge to span the bay there? That's what they used when they reconstructed the Rt. 40 bridge over the Patapsco a decade ago.

Don't think this is an option here because it's a much longer span and I believe those temporary bridges were supported by the existing bridge structure

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

James Garfield posted:

https://twitter.com/SheehyforMT/status/1778133400026595781

Republican senate candidate in Montana is either trying to get ahead of something or swift boating himself for no apparent reason

(he claims to have lied and told a park ranger he shot himself to avoid an investigation into an old gunshot wound)

He told the park ranger he shot himself but told everyone else he got shot in the middle east and then later clarified that he didn't know whether it was enemy or friendly fire

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Alito has the opportunity to do the funniest thing in history right now by weekend-at-Bernie's-ing the only justice more batshit than he is for 6 months

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

I would be shocked if Hogan came in striking distance of winning. Every politically-minded lib I know saw him as a counterbalance to the state dem supermajority but MD is deep blue and people are appalled at the thought of handing the senate to the Rs

I'm in a very blue part of the state though so my experience might not be universal