Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

There has to be a workable joke juxtaposing Cotton Hill being able to identify Kahn as Laotian and Tom Cotton accusing a Singaporean of being a member of the CCP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

I’m in the process of buying a 2024 Civic, and just out of curiosity the other day I compared it size wise to a 1994 Civic and Accord. In those 30 years the Civic basically increased in size enough to go from the 1994 Civic to the 1994 Accord, and I’m sure the Accord has done the same in turn. Most newer cars are just big now even if you want a “compact”.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Idk I feel like this is something that chuds will laugh about and most people, who do this all the time, won’t really care much about. The NYT breaking news email I got didn’t even mention it.

Biden should just say he’s been too deep in Egyptian Twitter recently.

https://twitter.com/tomgara/status/1755762317269037489?s=46&t=IW0MSOWK0Lh4VsB3wVLoOA

Anno fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Feb 9, 2024

Anno
May 10, 2017

For me it's hard to form much of an opinion at all when on one hand you have polling that frequently has crosstabs suggesting, like, generational voter realignment in traditionally D-voting groups towards R, but then special elections happen and D candidates often outperform and don't really show any of that. Like I get November will be it's own thing but so far it's difficult to match all this up with the actual hard results we've had in recent months/years.

Anno
May 10, 2017

For us it was only us suckers who stayed local who were brought back hybrid. Everyone else who hosed off around the country had the right idea. One guy built a mini-house into a trailer and every other week I have a call with him where he's in some new national park.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Was there much reputable polling for this race?

Anno
May 10, 2017

Huh I was like 100% sure she would run. Even if she didn’t put much effort into the campaign it seemed like a great way to send one last gently caress you to the people who elected her.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Main Paineframe posted:

Finishing in third place for her own Senate seat would have been a death knell to any kind of relevance she could ever expect to have. Given how dire her polling numbers are, it makes sense to save herself the humiliation and pretend she's bowing out on her own terms.

Eh maybe? Doing so while getting another (R) elected - which seemed very possible - I would think would be 100% what her future employers would want.

Anno
May 10, 2017

What a supremely weird dude.

https://x.com/atrupar/status/1765965385583505897?s=46&t=IW0MSOWK0Lh4VsB3wVLoOA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

The Ari Fleischer types seem annoyed so I’ll assume they at least didn’t get what they wanted.

Katie Britt, meanwhile, appears to have had a bad night.