Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

When your elder statesmen are your ONLY statesmen. It's only 8pm in DC, let him run his mouth for another 20 minutes, then get him a bud light and shuffle him off to bed, he'll settle down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

This country is a reality TV show, lol.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Would someone just tell me who is the most correct person to use my incredibly-potent nuclear bomb Vermonter vote on already? You know, Uncle Ben once said "with great power comes great responsibility", and that goes triple for MY vote, so someone spill the beans already so I can finally fix all of this.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Shooting Blanks posted:

Don't worry, the FEC will bail them out.

What do you mean?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I do not believe anyone who votes for Trump has the plight of the Palestinian people anywhere close to their top 20 concerns or gotchas.

As for the abstainers, there's a whole new thread for people who won't hold their nose and vote against Trump to go and get yelled at.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Much similarly to every other campaign of all affiliations.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

haveblue posted:

What did Commander witness at those classified locations?

My playlist switched to a track from the Chaos Theory soundtrack when I read this, so it came off as very sinister indeed.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Ain't no treaty that says a dog can't engage in espionage.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Ah, well, nevertheless, we mustn't let this set back the impeachment efforts.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

My wife has been a middle school language arts teacher for the past 10 years and LOL if you think teachers are allowed to enforce and enact positive behavioral change in their classrooms the way teachers did in the 20th century. Teaching is COMPLETELY different now from when millennials were in primary school. It is DRASTICALLY more regulated, controlled, and restricted, the kids that don't care care even less than ever, are openly belligerent, and the parents are either out to lunch or too hosed over by other concerns to lean in to their kids' educations. It's a bit of a poo poo show.

Edit: Oh, that comment about how "students on their phones are at least quiet and let me teach and let other kids listen, so gently caress it" is actively spoken about and stated as classroom policy more and more. It's just how they have to operate.

mutata fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Feb 27, 2024

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Grater posted:

That's one of the side benefits to the ongoing enshittification. All my social spaces have closed and so this place is about the last place left where I get political discourse. Posts like yours is why I'm still here, thanks for the perspective.

I started therapy in 2019 due to crippling anxiety related to climate change which blossomed into a strong long-term depression. I am married and have 2 kids. I'll not get into it all, but one thing I tried is I started focusing on having a good day, and making the given day as successful for me and my family as I can. My mantra to stuff became "but hey, maybe we can order pizza tonight" as a kind of reminder that there is a day, today, right now that I can enjoy, even if there are days I'm gonna hate someday. We're all gonna die. My kids are gonna die. The world is weird and the industry I work in is toxic and collapsing, but hey, maybe we can order pizza tonight.

Sounds dumb, but it was a spoon I used to dig myself out of some dark caves.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Supreme Court is a partisan organization now, so no shocker there. Bet even if the left took the House and kept the Senate and the presidency they would still do absolutely nothing to fix the court, lol.

mutata fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Mar 19, 2024

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Pantaloon Pontiff posted:

"The left" doesn't have the Senate or presidency unless you're using a really skewed definition of 'left'. Even if you consider Biden a leftist because his labor policy isn't entirely bad, numerous Democratic senators certainly don't qualify as 'left', most obviously Manchin. There aren't even 50 votes in the Senate for removing the filibuster, there certainly aren't 50 votes for radically altering the Supreme Court - something even a president as popular as FDR couldn't pull off.

Yes, obviously. Hence me saying that they'll never unfuck the Court.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

loving finally. I expect it to bow to capital, but at least it's something.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Some capitol reporter voice on NPR earlier today said that they had heard some democrats comment in private that they'd be willing to support Johnson and prevent him getting voted out. Who knows what will happen over the Easter recess, though.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

If Dems went along with it in an election year, given that it's MTG of all people, my instincts suggest that they would come out of that stunt behind not ahead.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

kdrudy posted:

The republicans are in disarray this is bad for the democrats because...

I mean, this general sentiment being one that often comes up is exactly why I said what I said, but I also have no actual clue other than vibes from browsing headlines. :shrug:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Get Hot Wheels to sponsor the replacement and make the whole bridge look like their plastic orange track.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I support it. Ban talking about the elections next.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I think the United States should stop supporting and facilitating genocide that is clearly being committed against Palestinians by Israel.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Ah, yes. The golden rule of running a discussion and debate forum: "Don't discuss and/or debate here."

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Here's hoping it's actually a stroke.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Nail Rat posted:

I think our nation and system has failed and trying to pretend that it's alright when we pay for a genocide is wrong. I don't think trump is the lesser evil but I find the distinction rather unimportant at this point. Biden goes around congress to help Israel kill children. That is a fact.

lol if this is all objectively true, then who the gently caress cares? If your view is objectively true, then we're all already WELL into the Cool Zone and there's no return, at least not in our lifetime without a bunch of massive war, so go get high and watch a movie, poo poo.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Nail Rat posted:

Who cares if we pay for a genocide, lol, lmao is at least an honest white liberal take, so good on you there

imagine being triggered by paying taxes and those taxes being used to kill children, lol, U MAD BRO

Not remotely what I said, but you're spiraling, so I genuinely and sincerely recommend therapy, or third party help in any way. It helped me get to a place where at least some of the time I can have a functional day without breaking down into soggy ball of terror and depression. SA is NOT the place for healthy versions of this conversation you're trying to have. It's actually a bad place for this poo poo that will make your mental health worse.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

This is exciting, y'all, I think we're gonna finally solve IP.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Yo, we just gotta RISE UP, GAMERS.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/stephen_neukam/status/1780743789390233867

I'm setting the O/U of "Americans who know who know who Alejandro Mayorkas is" at 1%. What are you taking?

Yeah, nobody is going to remember any of that in a week.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Fuckin' woke War Criminal, smdh.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Whoa, how many ruddy New Englanders do we have in here today, anyway?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'm actually surprised to learn NH went to Biden.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

So the 3 people who love political semantics "ACTUALLY! :smug: " debates can go talk about that. The Biden admin and the press especially very obviously want to draw the parallel from pro Palestine protests to terrorism. They want those flavors mixing in the populace's brains.

mutata fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Apr 25, 2024

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

personally i think it's rude and obnoxious to, when given a source, ask the person providing it to go through it a second time for you and highlight the important bits instead of doing your own homework. but i'm willing to chalk that up to a difference of opinion.

Just like how, in all my argumentative papers in college, I just pasted a link to my source in the intro paragraph and wrote "As you can clearly see from the source material, I am right."

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Forget it, Jake, it's Pedanttown.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

When the only tool you have is a hammer and a damaged brain, all problems look like a young puppy's face, I guess.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

haveblue posted:

I'm assuming there is going to be a US presidential election thread, probably shortly after both parties formally select their candidates

Oh boy, I wonder who the candidates will be!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

It's me. I am the most most people person. Now tell me: Who is this new Joe-bi Wan candidate I'm hearing about?