Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The Southern Border and Biden's Gaffes being perennial Republican shouting points, you'd think some folks would have caught the rhythm by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
So, how many of these "unique encounters" are just the same people coming back again? Feels like the Border Bros are padding their numbers for handy election year caravan clout.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Much hopium on my part that the RNC money drain kneecaps the downballot Republicans. How many lost seats would we reasonably estimate then?

Asking the electoral nerds as no way I'm doing that level of calculus in a week of gently caress around work.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Nevermind the giant sucking sound that is all available "money faucet" cash at the RNC being hoovered-up by the Trump Crime Family.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm of the mind that "Genocide Joe" is just a convenient way to peel away voters.

Do you see any candidate who would have committed US troops to lie-down to protect hospitals or stop Israeli bulldozers?

Do you see this current conflict in any way but inevitable given the politics of the region over the last 20 years?

There is no protest vote. There are people looking to peel away voters using very specific language and framing, and there are the people who follow that Pied Piper song, never thinking beyond the end of their noses.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

This post makes it seem like you're trying to cast people who have legitimate complaints about Biden's unwavering material support for Israel as bad faith wreckers who don't actually care about the genocide, and only want to hurt Biden's chances of winning. Is that an accurate summation of your position?

No what the hell.

We've been supporting this poo poo from Israel for more than half-a-century now. Suddenly calling it all Biden's fault and making it a big moral issue at this point in time is suspect, imho.

Practically, it's trying to "Hilary" Biden. Bernie bros were forefront of this type of nonsense before, eagerly eating-up any old bullshit slop set out for them to the point where they walked-away from the election.

Granted, gently caress Hilary but the reaction to Hilary gave us Trump and this sudden interest in the Isreali/Palestinian conflict after decades of not giving a gently caress....it's a little odd and will probably give us Trump again.

Jesus Tittyfucking Christ, how do you do anything that supports a Trump re-election at this point? Just boggles the mind.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Not handwaving away genocide in the least. Genocide is bad. Biden's opinions on the current genocide are bad.

Electing Trump because of a new-found aversion to genocide...well that's just dumb. Your hands are already bloody and there's no way we can stop things as they are with a short-term solution aka "hey guys, stop already". So blaming Biden and withholding your vote doesn't send any sort of message beyond "make this go away".

SpeakSlow fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Apr 18, 2024

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

World Famous W posted:

this is the second time in days you've claimed that others have "new-found aversion" to our abeting of genocides. do you have any proof of this or are you just going off gut feelings? seems pretty assumptive of people you've never met

I mean, the genocides continue? If there were the political willpower to have stopped this from happening, it would have been exercised by now.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Why do we keep letting Republicans define "the border crisis"? And why don't we fact check their claims?

This seems like easy win stuff to me, especially after seeing elections cycles go side-by-side with migrant caravan concerns for a few decades now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

I don’t think AI can render things that microscopic yet.:v:

Through 8k all things are possible.