Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

US Foreign Policy
Jan 5, 2006

Things to liberate:
You
Your shit
So, this seems like maybe a silly question, but is there any general thread consensus on who Trump's VP pick will be? Its hard to remember since it was at least 15 years ago, but Trump played up his VP selection and made an announcement like it was a big reveal in 2016. In reading through the wiki it seems like a lot of 'good' VP picks refused to be a part of the Trump campaign at all, like John Kasich and Bob Porter. As much as I believe that Nikki Haley's entire weird vanity run was an attempt to get in Trump's good graces I dont think she has a chance and will vanish the second Trump comes up with a mean nickname for her.

Given that Trump can't help but poo poo on anyone who enters his field of vision combined with his full blown cult of personality approach, I feel like it could be some other random celebrity or relative of his as much as $Politician. I'm sure there are lots of toadies who WANT to be his VP.

Is there even a requirement of when they be announced? I would expect historic precedent is you announced your VP pick based on the strategic need of your specific campaign. Trump being Trump I could see him just ignoring the idea of a VP entirely until forced to at the last minute - if there is such a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

US Foreign Policy
Jan 5, 2006

Things to liberate:
You
Your shit

Piell posted:

After Mike Pence refused to help him do a coup, I think he'll want someone who he thinks will do whatever he wants, so probably a woman (since he would feel more threatened by a man). Kari Lake or Kristi Noem are my most likely guesses. He's not going to pick anyone who isn't 100% MAGA, and I really don't expect him to pick anyone who has national pull at all who he thinks might stand up to him, so zero chance it's anyone who also ran for president this cycle

I feel like this is where my brain hits an endless logic loop. I feel it's entirely safe to say that Trump doesn't like women. He sees himself as inherently superior, and as such never misses a chance to dunk on a woman for any and all petty reasons (She's not even my type anyway!) and would therefore never, ever actually cooperate with a woman. Much less pretend she is somehow his equal or able to succeed him other than maybe indeed Ivanka. I refuse to entertain the idea that Ivanka could be a real pick but loving why not

At the same time, everything else you said is 100% correct about why it really can't be a man. Tim Scott is as much of a toadie as he can be only to be publicly mocked by Trump. Anyone who wields actual power will be perceived as a threat while I dont think Trump has the political savvy to neuter someone by making them VP. It will have to be someone he can treat as a kicked dog, and abuse in public. In that regard, it could be a DeSantis, so long as they accepted the abuse with a smile?

Or its loving Ivanka I hate this timeline

US Foreign Policy
Jan 5, 2006

Things to liberate:
You
Your shit

Scags McDouglas posted:

Trump is willing to have female subordinates in his admin as long as they follow the most important two tenets:

- Be pretty
- Follow his every fog-addled command

Allow me to make this worse. Trump / Ivanka ticket wins, he dies the first week in office.

A shadow Kushner presidency is, in this hellscape, optimistic.

US Foreign Policy
Jan 5, 2006

Things to liberate:
You
Your shit
Hey if I call someone online a fascist a few more times will the war stop??? Just trying to understand the point of making this thread unreadable