Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Squall while reaching for triple triad deck: "..."

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

lmfao

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lmfao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I didn’t realize it was your work when I stole it from a random Twitter post I saw this morning lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Lmao

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

lmao

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I'm 45h in, just got to volcano island. I spent half the game with EE's bro before I outlevelled him. I like Spearhand a lot but I stuck with Thief in the end because blowing myself up is too much fun. Almost certainly GOTY.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Did a quest to save the Empress from an assassin and figure out the real mastermind behind the plot. The plan was to tell the assassin about the Empress's secret hiding place, but of course not the real one, and have someone disguised as the empress help arrest them and find out the plot. I told the assassin where to go, went there to prepare and met the empress, who was apparently meant to be there after all. This wasn't addressed in any way. We arrested the assassin and everyone acted like they knew who she was and she gave a gibberish speech about how it's good for fhe empress to die because people will be really energetic and do stuff more. The empress said she gets it but wants me to know that she doesn't agree with the insane murderer's ideals, just in case I was confused and thought maybe the empress liked the idea of being murdered by a crazy person.

I'm not playing this game for the writing but what the gently caress is going on lmao, it's like it's written by ChatGPT

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

bees x1000 posted:

I'm 45h in, just got to volcano island. I spent half the game with EE's bro before I outlevelled him. I like Spearhand a lot but I stuck with Thief in the end because blowing myself up is too much fun. Almost certainly GOTY.

Nice. Been busy the last few weeks so my progress has stalled but I'll probably be able to play again next week

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Because it's such a pleasantly classic high fantasy setting I just accept whatever insane poo poo happens. It's never so stupid or up its rear end that I feel insulted so it's cool with me.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Most of the time I feel like the writing is meant to explain why the game is so unapologetically a video game. In NG+ pawns will greet you by saying I knew you loved this world too much to leave it behind, Arisen! for example and you're nudged to walk away from the abrupt-feeling end credits like "got your rear end, bitch. Get back in there" etc. It's sick.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Playing it entirely straight but videogame-ness and jank making everything slightly unhinged is a perfect vibe.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Did a quest to save the Empress from an assassin and figure out the real mastermind behind the plot. The plan was to tell the assassin about the Empress's secret hiding place, but of course not the real one, and have someone disguised as the empress help arrest them and find out the plot. I told the assassin where to go, went there to prepare and met the empress, who was apparently meant to be there after all. This wasn't addressed in any way. We arrested the assassin and everyone acted like they knew who she was and she gave a gibberish speech about how it's good for fhe empress to die because people will be really energetic and do stuff more. The empress said she gets it but wants me to know that she doesn't agree with the insane murderer's ideals, just in case I was confused and thought maybe the empress liked the idea of being murdered by a crazy person.

I'm not playing this game for the writing but what the gently caress is going on lmao, it's like it's written by ChatGPT

If this is the quest I'm thinking of she was like an adviser to the empress who sends that one bodyguard away to the hot springs to get her out of the way after the first assassination attempt failed. You can find some notes scattered around about her too I think. When I did that quest you had the option to tell the empress to go to the real location or to hide somewhere else, which was what the bodyguard wanted.

The way DD1 and 2 treats important NPCs is so weird but kinda charming imo. Like why can you just wander into the castle and talk to the queen who put an amnesia spell on you and sent you off to a labor camp? And she's not even mad to see you or anything lol. It doesn't make sense but it's just one of those things that makes DD weird and compelling despite itself.

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Apr 19, 2024

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Capcom loving rules lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

“Arisen,” = “Gamer,”

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremely fond of this man's reaction to turning his wife and daughter into sand by reading too much lore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjcTtSGO-_o

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

extremely fond of this man's reaction to turning his wife and daughter into sand by reading too much lore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjcTtSGO-_o

lol I was wondering how this ending to the quest played out

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

greatest title drop since Nier Automata imo

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I'm glad I got tricked into NG+ before I found what appears to be the real meat of the game.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

greatest title drop since Nier Automata imo

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

bees x1000 posted:

I'm glad I got tricked into NG+ before I found what appears to be the real meat of the game.
Did you miss the part where during the big playable party at the credits, the twink Anakin Skywalker ghost comes up to you and goes "hey dude you hosed up do you want to go back to the part where you can get the next section of the game"

I am not a clever man but between that and the dragon literally saying "too late, this was your chance to do something" just as the fight started I worked out there was something I was supposed to do lol

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Did you miss the part where during the big playable party at the credits, the twink Anakin Skywalker ghost comes up to you and goes "hey dude you hosed up do you want to go back to the part where you can get the next section of the game"

I am not a clever man but between that and the dragon literally saying "too late, this was your chance to do something" just as the fight started I worked out there was something I was supposed to do lol

I did miss it, I turned and went straight for the door. I could've reloaded a save but I felt like rolling with my choice. And now I get to run through the unmoored world with NG+ changes so it's all good.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It’s epic you probably just sit in the chair and both your character and in real life at the same time you are like Is this really it lol. Wtf? So sick.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It reminds me of how they use reflections and fixed cameras in RE and a lot of their other stuff. They still have a group of hidden video game geniuses at Capcom, thank God.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

bees x1000 posted:

I did miss it, I turned and went straight for the door. I could've reloaded a save but I felt like rolling with my choice. And now I get to run through the unmoored world with NG+ changes so it's all good.

With what changes

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Wormskull posted:

It’s epic you probably just sit in the chair and both your character and in real life at the same time you are like Is this really it lol. Wtf? So sick.

Im totally coming around on the idea of the whole world and NPCs being weird hollow freaks being intentional and enjoying it immensely. I thought about it initially and my wife said I'm not allowed to start rambling about gnosticism again, but it's great. I'm the old hermit in the fishing village

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

With what changes

the only one I know of for sure is the dragonforged merchant offers additional character upgrades/bonuses. there's probably more.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The postgame is so sick. I'm gonna explore it a lot more on NG+

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Unmoored world fuckin rules, just bouncing from town to town killing dragons and solving problems while the Morrowind weather plays. Apparently there's a time limit if you sleep too much which I am avoiding by not taking damage so I don't care

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

my beloved son Spigot the Bear and our favourite rental pawn Thick Bulma have decided to start a nu wave band with Jack Black and an elf.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

:frogon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

amused at how many quests are resolved by you tackling an NPC