Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
International rules for moving your pets are annoying and it's not even slightly consistent between countries. Australia is the worst offender because it's an island and they want to keep diseases away. But seriously read this poo poo:

https://www.agriculture.gov.au/biosecurity-trade/cats-dogs/how-to-import/step-by-step-guides/category-2-step-by-step-guide-for-dogs

Or don't because it's an insanely long list of crap you have to do and would be a complete waste of your time to even read it. And most of it costs money, the blood tests alone are probably at least $1000.

And they can apparently choose to euthanize your animal if you did it wrong.

These stupid health certificates hardly ever get accepted by the USDA the first time either because they nit pick. Like for example the rabies certificate says "Maltipoo" and something else says "Maltese mix."

It's a huge headache for everyone involved. I say if you're moving to a far away country give your pet to a family member or something if you can. If you have no other option but to bring them all I can say is good luck and you should probably have contingency plans in case something gets delayed because trust me, it probably will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU