Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
On a scale of one to ten, how excited are you for Jack Hermansson vs Joe Pyfer?
This poll is closed.
I have mixed feelings about the dilution of the roster but I like up-and-coming fighters 1 3.23%
Remember when Jack Hermansson heel hooked Kelvin Gastelum! That was cool! Oh my god that was four years ago 10 32.26%
The Apex is the nadir of martial arts and we never truly left its darkened clutches 6 19.35%
Is Joe Pyfer, like, a thing 6 19.35%
3 8 25.81%
Total: 31 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

CarlCX posted:

There is a possibility that Ryan Bader could become the genuine #1 heavyweight on the planet, and some terrible part of me craves this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

CarlCX posted:

There is a possibility that Ryan Bader could become the genuine #1 heavyweight on the planet, and some terrible part of me craves this.

I want the dark future where some nerds talk about Ryan Bader in the same hushed tones as Fedor.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Lid posted:

I want the dark future where some nerds talk about Ryan Bader in the same hushed tones as Fedor.

Oh my goodness, can you even imagine? "The UFC wasted his talent, you see Dana was so into control and all Ryan-San wanted to do was wear nice sweaters and play with geese..."

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Once Francis is the #1 heavyweight boxer hopefully we can have a weird mixed rules match between them to decide once and for all which sport is superior

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

CarlCX posted:

the guy who lost to old man tito 13 years ago (need the eye pop smiley but i don't remember the code) might could be the lineal UFC hw champ. that's the most MMA outcome imaginable and while i wouldnt wish that on francis, i would laugh a whole lot

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ufc was protecting jon jones from the darth one

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Eat This Glob posted:

the guy who lost to old man tito 13 years ago (need the eye pop smiley but i don't remember the code) might could be the lineal UFC hw champ. that's the most MMA outcome imaginable and while i wouldnt wish that on francis, i would laugh a whole lot

:eyepop: eyepop

:prepop: prepop

:popeye: popeye

All would apply to almost any conceivable outcome

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

kalensc posted:

:eyepop: eyepop

:prepop: prepop

:popeye: popeye

All would apply to almost any conceivable outcome

thank you!!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Eat This Glob posted:

:eyepop:

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Eat This Glob posted:

:eyepoop:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

CarlCX posted:

Bader hamfistedly calling out Jones while telling the entire Bellator org to hold him back would provide some good coked up tweets from JBJ.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Eat This Glob posted:

:shittypop:

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
One Friday Fights!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnuKum9uLMY

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Good violence this morning yet again

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

yeah theres been some great fights and knockouts this morning

also theyve bumped Chalie v Brazil to after the main event, which isnt something i think ive ever seen

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
https://twitter.com/heynottheface/status/1760906197610491975
fighters testifying on the UFC's side: Michael Bisping, Donal Cerrone, Michael Chandler, Chael Sonnon, Meisha Tate

Not surprised.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Also works as a list of people that adore the taste of boot polish.

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023
Donal Cerrone being Donalds less successful Irish cousin.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Pitbull vs Braga is off as Braga was declared unable to compete

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

wtf is Chandler testifying about, didn't he just get here?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Fozzy The Bear posted:

fighters testifying on the UFC's side: Michael Bisping, Donal Cerrone, Michael Chandler, Chael Sonnon, Meisha Tate

Seems pretty gutsy to make the starting lineup for your legal defense team include
  • a guy who on-the-record lied to every sports commission in the country
  • a guy who says he once publicly supported unionization 'by mistake'
  • a guy whose entire career is a testimony to the contract terms you're denying exist
  • a guy who plead guilty to federal money laundering
  • miesha tate
But beggar cannot be choosers, I guess.

Also, previously on the 'this rematch is stupid' show:

CarlCX posted:

This cursed loving fight. This is actually a rematch from Noche UFC, where the fight wound up a No Contest after referee Chris Tognoni botched the stoppage after mistakenly thinking Lacerda had passed out in a guillotine choke. They rebooked the fight just four weeks later, only for it to get scratched during fight week thanks to an open infection on Lacerda's face.
Today Lacerda missed weight at 127 and then Chairez missed weight by drat near an entire weight class at 131.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

CarlCX posted:

Today Lacerda missed weight at 127 and then Chairez missed weight by drat near an entire weight class at 131.

hahahah wtf, cancel the fight and never book it again.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Brut posted:

wtf is Chandler testifying about, didn't he just get here?
My guess is he will testify to current contract negotiations stuff since he is an active fighter (Tate I think is still active).

I'm a bit surprised company bootlicker DC isn't in the list

You also have managers as well.
Ali Abdelaziz
Jason House
Josh Jones
Dan Lambert
Ed Soares

Just Ali only is laughable. The guy is practically "employed" by the UFC.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

CarlCX posted:

Seems pretty gutsy to make the starting lineup for your legal defense team include
  • a guy who on-the-record lied to every sports commission in the country
  • a guy who says he once publicly supported unionization 'by mistake'
  • a guy whose entire career is a testimony to the contract terms you're denying exist
  • a guy who plead guilty to federal money laundering
  • miesha tate
But beggar cannot be choosers, I guess.

lmao lmao lmaaoooo

was Bispings lying about his having a fake eyeball for like the last 5yrs of his career?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

beep by grandpa posted:

lmao lmao lmaaoooo

was Bispings lying about his having a fake eyeball for like the last 5yrs of his career?

Yeah, pretty sure his retina got destroyed when Belfort spinningly back kicked him with the power of a Young Dinosaur/Old Lion hybrid

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

This UFC game clip will amuse you

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3liJ2mtQfR/?igsh=aDFmb3ZhbWI5ZGMx

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

lmao lmao lmaaoooo

In the Bisping doc he goes into it pretty extensively but yeah, he used some basic carny cons to hide that he was functionally blind / had no eye for years.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

I'm reasonably sure he doesn't talk this way but also I can't remember hearing him talk so I can't prove it.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Karate Combat at the top of the hour!

https://www.youtube.com/live/4Ws5jSwurWc?si=e7oOWF-7FXEudKzx

edit: Show live but no fights just yet

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Feb 24, 2024

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Fozzy The Bear posted:

https://twitter.com/heynottheface/status/1760906197610491975

Not surprised.

Hold up, something just dawned on me. Aren't most of these people still technically suing UFC because they didn't opt out of class status or whatever?

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.

TheKingslayer posted:

Hold up, something just dawned on me. Aren't most of these people still technically suing UFC because they didn't opt out of class status or whatever?

yes, hilariously.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://x.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/1761302678892626038?s=20

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

The quoted tweet got deleted and it made it sound like Imanari died

https://twitter.com/rizin_english/status/1761302624899366985/mediaviewer

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Made a GDT for today's big crop of fights

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4054994

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

The quoted tweet got deleted and it made it sound like Imanari died

That was my immediate thought.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

https://twitter.com/BenTheBaneDavis/status/1761873815293104266?t=3n4eXFCYMxSfFdwsRtqg4A&s=19

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the iceman slippeth

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Yoel's physique is so crazy -- even with him huffing on his slightly flabby roid gut, he still managed to have 6-pack definition on top of it.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

STONE COLD 64 posted:

the iceman slippeth
Lmao
March title?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

When you just put a bunch of money into promoting…

https://youtu.be/nBs0cAtFGAk?si=efxwVBHkk0LrZH7X