Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
On a scale of one to ten, how excited are you for Jack Hermansson vs Joe Pyfer?
This poll is closed.
I have mixed feelings about the dilution of the roster but I like up-and-coming fighters 1 3.23%
Remember when Jack Hermansson heel hooked Kelvin Gastelum! That was cool! Oh my god that was four years ago 10 32.26%
The Apex is the nadir of martial arts and we never truly left its darkened clutches 6 19.35%
Is Joe Pyfer, like, a thing 6 19.35%
3 8 25.81%
Total: 31 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

This says a lot about the target audience of UFC, and I do not like it

mewse posted:

@mods is it possible to get some of our gang tags updated for dark mode? I added a white border so they should look the same in normal mode just much, much better in dark mode

vs

vs

This I like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I'm not 100% sure but I think if you just replace the current image with this new one everyone will get it updated.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Lid posted:

I want the dark future where some nerds talk about Ryan Bader in the same hushed tones as Fedor.

Oh my goodness, can you even imagine? "The UFC wasted his talent, you see Dana was so into control and all Ryan-San wanted to do was wear nice sweaters and play with geese..."

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Rehydration being looked at again

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/39610394/seven-ufc-298-fighters-flagged-rehydration-issue

quote:

Because of the number of fighters who came in at that percentage or over, CSAC will discuss changes to its regulations regarding dehydration and rehydration at its next meeting Monday. CSAC, the most active commission in implementing rules to curtail extreme weight cutting, targeted 15% as the magic weight-regain number in 2019 when it put forth regulations.