Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
On a scale of one to ten, how excited are you for Jack Hermansson vs Joe Pyfer?
This poll is closed.
I have mixed feelings about the dilution of the roster but I like up-and-coming fighters 1 3.23%
Remember when Jack Hermansson heel hooked Kelvin Gastelum! That was cool! Oh my god that was four years ago 10 32.26%
The Apex is the nadir of martial arts and we never truly left its darkened clutches 6 19.35%
Is Joe Pyfer, like, a thing 6 19.35%
3 8 25.81%
Total: 31 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Never gets old that CarlCX puts more effort in the OP than the UFC execs put into running the organisation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
it's about 1200 fighters too. i guess they've not gone to court yet so wait and see but that at least seems like good news.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
topuria good. 'fuckin' anthony hernandez the best.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

cagliostr0 posted:

This is Bobby knuckles erasure and I won't stand for it

i like whittaker a lot but i'm not really that invested in his career anymore. he already won the belt and defended it. destroyed a bunch of middleweights on the way up. he's the only guy to fight romero toe to toe for ten rounds as a former welterweight and come out of it a winner. etc. and so forth. with him it's just house money at this point, he's already made it.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i'm not unhappy about that if it's true. i think he could beat gaethje (and if his chin is still there i think he's likely to) but i think it would cost him whatever longevity he still has left, for the sake of a stupid bullshit belt. he should fight topuria instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

RedSky posted:

I think gaethje would ruin him.

yeah that's tragically likely given that gaethje seems much happier to just fight behind his jab now instead of exhausting himself throwing bombs, but i also think lightweight's kinda weirdly overrated now, and i think max's volume approach with straight punches could really gently caress gaethje up if he gets to do it for five rounds without getting knocked out. for someone who loves brawling, gaethje's weirdly uncomfortable in these in-between situations where they're resetting distance or disengaging from the clinch. i also don't think max can get him down but i think he's smart enough to know that gaethje does exhaust himself defending takedowns and grappling, and has basically been incapable of making people pay for trying to grapple him throughout his whole career. he just wants to reset and get back to striking.

i think i'm just talking myself into it but idk, i got max in that fight.