Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
On a scale of one to ten, how excited are you for Jack Hermansson vs Joe Pyfer?
This poll is closed.
I have mixed feelings about the dilution of the roster but I like up-and-coming fighters 1 3.23%
Remember when Jack Hermansson heel hooked Kelvin Gastelum! That was cool! Oh my god that was four years ago 10 32.26%
The Apex is the nadir of martial arts and we never truly left its darkened clutches 6 19.35%
Is Joe Pyfer, like, a thing 6 19.35%
3 8 25.81%
Total: 31 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dana posted some angry caption over a screenshot of texts between him and one of the fighters managers I think Benoit so it turns out both fighters management who should be negotiating with Dana were aware and had agreed to the match and one neglected to tell his fighter or discuss it and another didn't bother to check his phone for days or something maybe.

I dunno. Cool fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Brut posted:

Ah here it is.

So this is Dana talking to Benoit almost a month ago confirming the fight...okay, wtf does he think this proves? Obviously it was Poirier that needed convincing taking the fight.

Well porier said he was always down for a fight it was the contract points he was worried about and apparently his manager had already agreed but didn't tell him? seems weird but not crazy. Either way getting an agreement from Benoits agent torpedoes the Benoit didn't have any idea theory at least well if the screen shots are true I suppose but jesus, how deep into the weeds are we going to get here.

Our favorite dumb gay sport is often just that dumb. its definitely that dumb from the petty pink bitch in charge, but its also that carny dumb from managers.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Brut posted:

Right, Poirier was down to fight, he was just not down to fight this particular guy for the amount of money they were offering, I think the story about not being able to reach his manager is bullshit, but once a truck of money backs up to your house and the fight is on, you gotta say something, right?

Who knows though, our sport is indeed dumb.

I can kinda see the following:

Benoit said yea.

Porier said "lol meet the quote"

Dana announces it.

Porier says lol no

Benoit says he was offered how much? I didn't even know it was a fight either!

Dana meets poriers quote and says please mr diamond save my already poo poo rep.

Out goes the tweet

out goes the story.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Rumour is that ufc 300s big announcement is realignment to 155, 165, 175.

Connor v chandler for the 165 belt.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FishBowlRobot posted:

What’s the source of that rumor?

A friend of mine who trained at Team Alpha male for a few years knows some people. He's occasionally passed along some other smaller developments before they've broken and been right before and he's not usually a big mouth so I trust that he was given that information. Whether his source was accurate or not I can't speculate.

Absolutely just a rumor but it would distract from the stink of McMahon a little bit and you could get some cross promotion almost for free with Amazon with the new Roadhouse flick etc. 165 everyone's been calling for, for years and when Dana says "it'll never happen" you know it's a 5050 proposition at worst, 300 is still lacking that main stream punch that Conor's presence gives you, Chandler has some banger highlights and looks the part on a poster.

Gives the UFC another title they can promote, shakes up both WW and LW and removes a bit of a logjam for titles and eliminators etc. I can see a lot of why it would work on paper and they've been teasing a crazy huge announcement. Highest selling MMA fighter of all time, new weight class, new title. Would fit the description.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hey all I'm sayin is, they'd make a lot of money and no one would be talking about Vince for a few weeks. It also opens up a lot of Champ v Champ superfights that you know gets the promotional dicks hard.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CarlCX posted:

That is a subtle but excellent upgrade, thank you, mewse. We should do something to distribute those again.

Also, GDT for Dolidze/Imavov is up. Be there or be not there.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4053491

We should. I need one lol. Also need a player currently on my team or a fighter since mccaffery has been gone for a full year.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Brendan the sex pest Schwab is saying he thinks the 300 main event will be aspinal v pereira. Be a cool super fight but I don't see it.

I tried to type his name like thrice but auto correct kept changing it to that and I don't care enough about him to fix it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Brut posted:

Doesn't izzy basically walk around at his fight weight? Can't imagine him at heavy.

Someone said to me he's taller, broader and skinnier irl than you think so I think he cuts but not a lot. Like I think its a matter of fasting for 24 hours and being disciplined in camp rather than some guys having to manage to the nth degree.

Peirera was like 220 when he stepped into the cage to fight izzy though so.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ilia is an absolute bomber and a good grappler has me a little concerned for Volk in the early rounds. I think if he can weather the early storm he'll cruise home 3-5 but those early 2 are going to be tough to navigate.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Still tafa to fight on short notice.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pereira v Hill announced for 300 apparently

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

lmao lmao lmaaoooo

was Bispings lying about his having a fake eyeball for like the last 5yrs of his career?

In the Bisping doc he goes into it pretty extensively but yeah, he used some basic carny cons to hide that he was functionally blind / had no eye for years.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Oh, also on related news. Brandon lost the lawsuit against the Youtuber and I think has to pay the guy's legal fees.

Is this from when he got rejected by Bobby Lee's girlfriend or whatever and that ytouber made a video about it?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Its from the time he was co-hosting with Mike Tyson, some sporting event party stream. During the commercial break he went over and asked some women for their phone numbers, but he didn't know that instead of running commercials, the stream was just showing a birds eye view of the event/party.

If I remember correctly, everyone was watching this top down, security camera like video feed of him walking over to some women talking, and then walking away with a paper in his hand. The Youtuber clipped those bits and made a video mocking Brandon.

Ah. Still pretty funny. What a dick head.

Holy loving poo poo. Bisping vs Silva was 8 years ago...

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

mewse posted:

I am sure the commission is well-intentioned but what the gently caress do they think they're going to do about the problem? The most concrete plan I've seen to combat weight cutting was implemented by One Championship and they seem to be regularly and quietly violating their own policies, which is not good from an integrity standpoint.

Its combat sports baby, all we get is vague nods toward integrity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Im seeing rumours Max is out of 300