Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
On a scale of one to ten, how excited are you for Jack Hermansson vs Joe Pyfer?
This poll is closed.
I have mixed feelings about the dilution of the roster but I like up-and-coming fighters 1 3.23%
Remember when Jack Hermansson heel hooked Kelvin Gastelum! That was cool! Oh my god that was four years ago 10 32.26%
The Apex is the nadir of martial arts and we never truly left its darkened clutches 6 19.35%
Is Joe Pyfer, like, a thing 6 19.35%
3 8 25.81%
Total: 31 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023
I've never really liked Volkanovski so really pumped for Topuria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023

CarlCX posted:

First off, thanks, glad y'all liked it.

Second, the UFC is in a weird holding pattern right now where most of the fight nights are, uh, lamentable, but the PPVs scheduled for the year thus far are pretty stacked. 298 this weekend rules and UFC 299 next month has O'Malley/Chito, Poirier/Saint-Denis, Holland/MVP, Burns/Maddalena, Yan/Yadong and Gamrot/RDA on it, which also rules, and while the main event of UFC 300 is still up in the air the card is about as balls-out as the company is capable of being.

But aside from Moreno/Royval 2 + Yair/Ortega 2 next weekend, the TV cards for the next few couple months are, like, Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs Shamil Gaziev, Tai Tuivasa vs Marcin Tybura and Amanda Ribas vs Rose Namajunas. And those are the main events, so you can extrapolate what the rest of the cards are like. It's not great.

RDA is still fighting?

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023
Let's go ilia. Looking at volk bobbing around in front of topuria for the first two rounds the thing that really struck me was how loose his defense was, feel like he was much tighter in the past. Felt like topuria would put something past him once he got the range and timing and lo and behold he did. Didn't think he'd fold him up like that. Great performance.

Haven't watched fights in years and Whitaker vs costa would have ruled years ago, wasn't surprised by the outcome but Whitaker earned that one.

Machado Garry vs Neal went kinda as I expected tbh.

Lol Mackenzie dern.

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023
It's really funny because I think if they just cut the poo poo and stopped pushing her towards a championship they'd have an equally profitable career out of her as like fan favourite fun fighter - but it seems like she wants it too, she's just never catching up to champion standard on the feet. She's improved a lot but she just doesn't have the mindset for striking imo. That fight could have ended when she put her hands over her face.

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023
Yoel Romero had/has the best career.

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023
Donal Cerrone being Donalds less successful Irish cousin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023

Foul Fowl posted:

i'm not unhappy about that if it's true. i think he could beat gaethje (and if his chin is still there i think he's likely to) but i think it would cost him whatever longevity he still has left, for the sake of a stupid bullshit belt. he should fight topuria instead.

I think gaethje would ruin him.