Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
On a scale of one to ten, how excited are you for Jack Hermansson vs Joe Pyfer?
This poll is closed.
I have mixed feelings about the dilution of the roster but I like up-and-coming fighters 1 3.23%
Remember when Jack Hermansson heel hooked Kelvin Gastelum! That was cool! Oh my god that was four years ago 10 32.26%
The Apex is the nadir of martial arts and we never truly left its darkened clutches 6 19.35%
Is Joe Pyfer, like, a thing 6 19.35%
3 8 25.81%
Total: 31 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mewse
May 2, 2006

Brut posted:

So this is Dana talking to Benoit almost a month ago confirming the fight...okay, wtf does he think this proves? Obviously it was Poirier that needed convincing taking the fight.

I've looked up two articles about this drama and MMA media being MMA media, neither of the articles have timelines about what happened.

The Poirier / Saint-Denis fight was announced January 10. Yesterday, 3 weeks afterwards, Poirier makes that post that the fight is off because he didn't sign anything, and then another post the same day saying he was mistaken and the contract is signed.

What Dana is upset about is a reporter took the drama yesterday as an opportunity to proclaim that Saint-Denis wasn't told about the fight before it was announced. There's stuff in french-language media about Saint-Denis being woken by his wife to tell him the fight had been announced, like he had no idea. White angrily countered that narrative with the screen shot of Saint-Denis being informed as early as Jan 7 (3 days prior to the public announcement).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

FishBowlRobot posted:

Gotcha. There’s always been reasons to add 165 but it would be hilarious if they got rid of USADA and opened up 165 to pave the way for the return of their golden shithead steroid golem.

He only did steroids for a film role, and to cheat at sports

mewse
May 2, 2006

@mods is it possible to get some of our gang tags updated for dark mode? I added a white border so they should look the same in normal mode just much, much better in dark mode

vs

vs

mewse
May 2, 2006

beep by grandpa posted:

Definitely expected this to be super cringey and lame but I laughed at many of the gags here, he's great

They got me when he started to read his credit card number into the phone :laffo:

mewse
May 2, 2006

UFC used to have a viral content team before they went too corporate to think it was necessary

mewse
May 2, 2006

this has to be photo of the year, probably the last 5 years

mewse
May 2, 2006

I am sure the commission is well-intentioned but what the gently caress do they think they're going to do about the problem? The most concrete plan I've seen to combat weight cutting was implemented by One Championship and they seem to be regularly and quietly violating their own policies, which is not good from an integrity standpoint.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Brut posted:

Ugh, ONE weight classes getting me confused again.

Tapology lists all of Malykhin's previous fights as being at Heavyweight/265 (though doesn't specify what he himself weighed in at)

ONE are saying he is currently the Heavyweight and LHW champion, and this is a Middleweight fight. I know that ONE Middleweight is 205 but I'm actually not sure about the other two, is LHW 265? what is heavyweight? What weight did Malykhin actually fight at?

I'd assume tapology is broken. One's website lists their weight classes.

HW is 265, LHW is 225, MW 205. If this guy is HW and LHW champ, that's 265 and 225.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Digital Jedi posted:

And I beleive this makes Malykhin the first MMA fighter in a major org to hold 3 titles at the same time.

The Triple Champ! Put him on a videogame box!