Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I don’t dip and I guess that’s not why I’m not a god damned Sexual Tyrannosaurus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

With a name like mine…yeah I’m not the goatman.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Just going to mention Running Man here.

The very-close-2nd of the dual governor movies.

E: 2:30 if the time stamp doesn’t work:

https://youtu.be/M4ul35wlqjA?si=OYeV7VmcaT80Nx6e#t=150

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Feb 3, 2024

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

That sounds like a bad whataburger. That said, a large part of it is the novelty of having jalapenos on a fast food burger.

Carls Jr has (had?) an excellent jalapeño double cheeseburger…for like $10. Steep for fast food but so so good.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

If the average time at the window was 90 seconds (seems ambitious unless everyone was getting a free chicken sandwich and nothing else), the 100th person in line would spend 2.5 hours for a free ~$3 sandwich. Minus fuel cost. Minus the mental cost of spending 2.5 hours in a fast food line.

Also that assumes the 100th person showed up the moment they opened. They’ve probably been there all night so even bigger lol.

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Feb 8, 2024

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

More worried about the kiddo.

Ignore politics, bringing your kid to a mass shooting means you are a piece of poo poo.

gently caress Joel Osteen but gently caress this piece of poo poo even more.

Don’t bother telling me which gender because giant piece of poo poo is gender neutral.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

M_Gargantua posted:

On the other hand any company who monitors their employees that closely is 'leave immediately' red flag.

Call centers suck but this sounds par for the course, private or government.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

A.o.D. posted:

I'm an IT infrastructure guy, not a computer toucher, so this post was really helpful. I know what these things are, but they're not a direct part of my life. I can plan and layout the cable requirements for an entire facility, but don't ask me to remote into a switch to diagnose it. Do ask me to troubleshoot the cabling itself, though.

Back when I was a computer toucher (code) we would talk to infrastructure people any time they had to do some weird poo poo to the hardware our servers were running on. I was always impressed how they would plan out every single cable movement, how much slack/tension, etc.

Almost made me want to unfuck the rats nest behind the TV.

Almost

E: I am like 99% sure there is more than one cable that isn’t attached on either end back there. Luckily I was smart and bought a Motorola Arris Surfboard modem and the one Ubiquiti prosumer router so I don’t have to get back there much.

Content warning: My SB6xxx is suspended by the coax cable.

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Feb 23, 2024

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Holy poo poo, Wohl is 24?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

A shithead owner's dog caught the car and tore the bumper off. Shithead has picked up the bumper and is wearing it as a fancy postmodern hat. Now the news van is approaching and the shithead wants everyone to forget what happened.

Not gonna lie, until the next part, I thought Commander took a souvenir on his way out.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

at least?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I mean, I'm genuinely not sure that Elon could manage to have someone assassinated via Tesla given that he doesn't understand the first thing about how internet views work.

EDIT: Not saying he wouldn't try, but Tesla can't even make a car that drives straight in normal traffic. There's no reason to assume this was deliberate AI fuckery when their ordinary self-driving is bad enough on its own.

I was driving behind a Tesla on the way home tonight and it was tapping the brakes seemingly at random on the freeway. I assumed two foot driver until I got close enough to see it was a Tesla.

Also I am very disappointed that not a single poster made an “uh oh” joke on page 38.