Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
I always enjoyed the rain in ACC, it was pretty intuitive and rarely (more of) a complete poo poo show.

BUT, this iRacing system looks more unforgiving. Very excited to learn it, but I think the first couple weeks will be frustrating due to lap 1 gently caress fest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
GT3 on nords = gently caress yea

But I just tried the GTP at sebring and what da hell, almost impossible to complete a lap and that's going slow as fuuuuuuck

Is the weather random for each session? Just curious if everyone is getting Sebring at very wet

Immolat1on fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Mar 7, 2024

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
I just did two Spa races, one in the GTP and one in the LMP2 and it definitely seems like the GTP needs a tweak? I get it should be more challenging than the LMP2, but I was a couple seconds a lap faster in the LMP2. And this is with the track "moderately wet." Doesn't seem right for moderate to heavy rain the GTP is that much slower.

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
It could have a lot to do with setup. And while a lot of the difficulty is on throttle, they are just 10x more difficult everywhere. LMP2 I can still push on high and mid speed corners when I find the right line. GTP is death, only death.