Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

kiminewt posted:

He had me at "a jackulit".

Just the way he fucks with his robe in that scene was gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
yeah one of the best long-running Curb jokes is the fact that its never explained why Leon still lives with Larry, its just an implicit "who cares, he's funny"

this last one felt kinda disjointed and weird, like it was patched together from two different episodes. Matt Berry was hilarious though. I know the show has always been this way but its really starting to feel like King's Quest, every plotline is just a long winding series of tasks Larry must complete for some convoluted reason. didn't really get why the masseuse who was accusing Larry of sexual harrassment was also comfortable riding in the car with him alone

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Well, tonight's the night.

12 seasons, 24 years. It's been an honor.
End of an era.

Going through the cast list for the nostalgia right now.

Holy poo poo, the Seinfeld arc was in 2009?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I think that's the first season I watched as it aired. Almost half my life ago.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
I started watching it as Season 4 aired, and I was a junior in high school.

My dad loved Seinfeld and I loved Curb. He got to see 11 seasons of it and his rewatching during the final year of his life provided us a ton of shared laughs during an extremely difficult time.

escape artist fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Apr 8, 2024

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I think 4 or 5 was my first season. I wanted to watch it earlier since I was always a huge Seinfeld fan but I didn’t have access to HBO.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I think the first season I saw as it aired was 10. I watched seasons 1-9 on HBO before that one came out.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I think 4 or 5 was my first season. I wanted to watch it earlier since I was always a huge Seinfeld fan but I didn’t have access to HBO.
:same:

My dad is a big Seinfeld fan but has never watched Curb, despite having access to HBO for years now. I keep trying to get him to watch it but he won't for whatever reason.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I feel really depressed it's ending this evening. Larry has such a unique voice in media, which I also relate to way too much.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Kudos to Larry and everyone on the show, legends for sure. I'm on the finale of season 9 tonight, this is epic stuff, I like the callbacks and unexpected continuity always good.

Glad I got into it finally, whatta show.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Think I picked it up around the 4th or 5th season as well. We didn't have HBO until I was in high school. I'm surprised looking back that there aren't more episodes. But 12 seasons at 10 episodes per.......just seems like there should be more.......

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
My favorite line on rewatching it: Marty Funkhouser, to Richard Lewis, regarding his new girlfriend the burlesque dancer with an impressive bosom: “Are you ever going to set aside a day to look at her face?”

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Hour long finale!? Consider me surprised. I expected no more than 42 minutes.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

My favorite line on rewatching it: Marty Funkhouser, to Richard Lewis, regarding his new girlfriend the burlesque dancer with an impressive bosom: “Are you ever going to set aside a day to look at her face?”

This show, along with me, desperately misses Bob Einstein. It's still prettay prettay good but he was just the loving best.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"I'm not really interested in your opinion."
"What do you mean?"
"I don't consider you a person."

Jesus, Larry hahaha

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Rageaholic posted:

"I'm not really interested in your opinion."
"What do you mean?"
"I don't consider you a person."

Jesus, Larry hahaha

"We'll see about that!"

lol

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh poo poo, Dean Norris as the judge

e: lol, this is almost exactly like the Seinfeld finale

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 8, 2024

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

He did it again.:lol:

Leon finally watching Seinfeld and giving his feedback was great.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Didn't feel like an episode of CYE at all.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I was expecting Allison Janney to take him out like Jack Ruby, or for his phone to crash the plane or something.

Good but not amazing finale, love that the Ski Lift and the Doll were among the flashbacks.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
they shoulda had allison janney shoot him lol

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I was expecting that too but I did like that final shot of all of them bickering.

Weird that Vince Vaughn wasn’t in it.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Apr 8, 2024

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I liked it. I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I think Seinfeld can be funny, and he was here, riffing with Larry.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I would’ve liked it if Larry ended up in jail too
But this was still fun

Yeah I forgot about the Janney thing, that went nowhere, but the Seinfeld-Pesci scene I thought made no sense did go somewhere so that was a fun development

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Whose cameos do you all wish we could’ve gotten? When they started talking about “wheelchair hookers” I was hoping for Denise Handicapped and Wendy Wheelchair. Or maybe some of the regulars from the early days like Wanda Sykes.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Dean Norris’ southern accent was one of the worst I’ve ever heard lol.

What a great ride this was, I’ll miss everyone.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Actually thinking about it, I think it would’ve been funnier to do the same ending again. Lighter on the lamp shading and then just ending that way as if that’s the only way LD can think of to end a show. Ah well. Man this is the end of a very long era..

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

fullroundaction posted:

Dean Norris’ southern accent was one of the worst I’ve ever heard lol.

What a great ride this was, I’ll miss everyone.

Can't believe someone watched Claws and was like "he should do that on Curb!"

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

God I’ll miss this show. I remember not liking it all until I caught the episode where he trips Shaq and it clicked.

What a wonderful show to enjoy all these years. 😞

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

mcbexx posted:

Well, tonight's the night.

12 seasons, 24 years. It's been an honor.
End of an era.

Going through the cast list for the nostalgia right now.

Holy poo poo, the Seinfeld arc was in 2009?

My favourite fact about Curb is that the episode with those references to Richard's racist outburst at the Laugh Factory actually only happened like 2 years after it.

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Apr 8, 2024

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Residency Evil posted:

And I'm not sure how I feel about this season ending in another trial. LD just saying "gently caress you?"

Gonna have to digest a bit more, but I think I kind of liked it. :unsmith:

Man, it's over. :(

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I was glad for the fakeout, I think it would have been kind of disappointing if it was exactly the same

my biggest laugh was larry asking richard lewis if he was planning on adopting a 40 year old

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://x.com/deanjnorris/status/1777124473671733728?s=46&t=zpYUUMLitkL1LQfCkNP_qA

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I never liked when they had recognizable actors come on to show other than when they played themselves which was usually good.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Residency Evil posted:

I've always assumed it's mainly this. The rich LA writer community can't be that big.

And I'm not sure how I feel about this season ending in another trial. LD just saying "gently caress you?"

I think it was him saying "People didn't understand that the idea for the finale was good. Now that I've had a long time to think about it, so I'm going to do it over again and fix the problems with it." Like a big thing that annoyed me about it originally was how awful of a lawyer jackie chiles was. Here we have someone doing a good job, but first larry ejects two other lawyers that could have been better.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
I only got into the show a year ago, but it quickly grew into one I fondly love.

The final episode was great and having it end on the plane with typical bickering was perfect.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I liked how, in a roundabout way, Michael Fouchay was responsible for both Larry getting into this mess, and Larry getting out of it.

Obviously, if he had never invited Larry to Atlanta, he wouldn’t have been in this predicament in the first place.

But also, if he hadn’t delayed Jerry while entering the Mexican restaurant, then Jerry wouldn’t have run into and had a moment with the guy that really looked nothing like Joe Pesci.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Absolutely lost it at larry hand waving away his attempt at a heart hand gesture. Need a gif of that

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Shocked that we never found out if the fish was thriving or not.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Shocked that we never found out if the fish was thriving or not.

There were a lot of unresolved threads this season. The coyote, the couple trying to get pregnant, .etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Small White Dragon posted:

There were a lot of unresolved threads this season. The coyote, the couple trying to get pregnant, .etc.

12 seasons and a movie!