Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Larry clearly having MSNBC blasting in his house 24/7 since the election definitely means the last two seasons won't have the timeless quality of the other ten.

larry is such an MSNBC lib for real. he donated to mayo pete!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

somebody make a tier list

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

mcmagic posted:

larry is such an MSNBC lib for real. he donated to mayo pete!!!!!!!

I choose to believe he was genuinely following through on his claim that he needed Sanders to lose so he didn't have to keep flying to New York to do SNL every week.

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
I don’t know a full ranking but season 8 stands out for to me as the best. Mister Softy, Palestinian Chicken, Vow of Silence. So many great episodes.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Larry clearly having MSNBC blasting in his house 24/7 since the election definitely means the last two seasons won't have the timeless quality of the other ten.

Everything related to Trump and that stuff was the low point for sure. I forgot that Colonel Vindman guy was actually a real guy.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Seasons 4 and 5 are the best to me. The Ski Lift, The Car Pool Lane, The Survivor, etc.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

somebody make a tier list

SS - 4, 5, 6
S - 7, 8, 2, 9
A - 1, 3, 10, 12
B - 11

Best episode each season:
1- It's been so long that none of them standout TBH
2- The Doll
3- Krazee-Eyez Killa
4- The Survivor
5- The Ski Lift
6- The Anonymous Donor
7- The Black Swan
8- Palestinian Chicken
9- The Pickle Gambit
10- Elizabeth, Margaret and Larry
11- IRASSHAIMASE!
12- too soon to determine, The Lawn Jockey, Vertical Drop Horizontal Tug, and No Lessons Learned are all standouts on a first viewing

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 9, 2024

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

Everything related to Trump and that stuff was the low point for sure. I forgot that Colonel Vindman guy was actually a real guy.

I did almost groan when Vindman came back for the cameo. Just a little humor black hole in the center of the episode for the laziest Trump own. Thankfully the finale was pretty clear of it otherwise.

I do think the show suffered a bit from Larry obviously stacking up ideas and not realizing that nobody cared about the slap or the hair dye after about a week.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

I went to a party and Larry David didn't look at me. What a terrible person he is.

I 100% believe Larry got talked out of having his character shot at the end.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Professor Wayne posted:

I 100% believe Larry got talked out of having his character shot at the end.

I get that feeling too. Larry probably wanted a much darker ending.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

they filmed him drowning in a pool as a series finale for last season but didn’t end up using it, probably a similar case this time again where if the curb crew ever wanted more money they can just come back for a special or for season 13

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/curb-your-enthusiasm-showrunner-larry-david-death-scene-1235192054/

speaking of bill hader, I can only wistfully wonder about how barry s4 would have played out if it weren’t for the pandemic :smith:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Did Allison Janney toss her keys to the valet right before the suicide chat?

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

ruddiger posted:

Did Allison Janney toss her keys to the valet right before the suicide chat?

Yeah lol.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
As a very casual Curb watcher who would consistently forget the show existed for 5+ years at a time then binge catch up ... I thought this season was pretty good. It did all the things I would have wanted it to do.

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

I liked this season and the series finale and I am looking forward to the next one.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Auntie Rae: gently caress you Larry David!

I laughed more during the final episode than any other in the season. Sad it's over. Thank you Larry David!

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
one thing I found pretty cute was their affinity for the Mocha Joe actor, taking this minor one episode character and then breaking him back much later for an entire season. and then bringing him back twice the next season, once to play a totally different character lmao

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

I did almost groan when Vindman came back for the cameo. Just a little humor black hole in the center of the episode for the laziest Trump own. Thankfully the finale was pretty clear of it otherwise.

I do think the show suffered a bit from Larry obviously stacking up ideas and not realizing that nobody cared about the slap or the hair dye after about a week.

Totally agree. It's a hell of a stretch to call that dweeb a hero but he sure is going out of his way to remind everyone that he thinks he is. Not very heroic behavior.

I liked that Larry started messing with his pants flap then Jerry popped in but I agree the blatant Seinfeld ending talk was dumb. Leon's plot could have been worked in so much smarter. It was an ok season but I was just waiting for this big buildup to a culmination joke to go out on the highest of highs and it never happened so I was left feeling very underwhelmed.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
It's great a bunch of you don't like the ending, just like the response to the Seinfeld finale.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

JAMOOOL posted:

one thing I found pretty cute was their affinity for the Mocha Joe actor, taking this minor one episode character and then breaking him back much later for an entire season. and then bringing him back twice the next season, once to play a totally different character lmao

I think Larry just really likes saying Mocha Joe

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It's been years since I've seen a scone without thinking "I don't think you know what a scone is, Mocha Joe."

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Larry was right about the scones

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

THIS GUY HAS A POOPY BOOM BOOM

HE NOT WARSHING HE HOLES LOL

I was expecting Allison Janney to take him out like Jack Ruby, or for his phone to crash the plane or something.

Good but not amazing finale, love that the Ski Lift and the Doll were among the flashbacks.

I was wondering if they were going to do a Sopranos style finale. 🤣

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Not everything. I thought Larry wearing around a MAGA hat so that people would leave him alone was a great bit.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Not everything. I thought Larry wearing around a MAGA hat so that people would leave him alone was a great bit.

I forgot about that one. Okay, I agree that was a good one.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

this is absolutely the correct way to handle geraldo, and him posting about it is one hell of an own goal :lmao:

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

just realized there was no richard kind this season :(

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

just realized there was no richard kind this season :(

I had to look up if he was dead. Thankfully not but yeah, that's a weird snub.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Slightly longer version of the bts wrap up clip that has been posted already.
No new episode tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GdQNpa69JE

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

mcbexx posted:

No new episode tonight ever.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

mcbexx posted:

Slightly longer version of the bts wrap up clip that has been posted already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GdQNpa69JE

It's funny how Cheryl Hines is pouring her heart out to Larry and he's just trying to shuffle off the set lmao

mcbexx posted:

No new episode tonight.
:smith:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rageaholic posted:

It's funny how Cheryl Hines is pouring her heart out to Larry and he's just trying to shuffle off the set lmao

:smith:

He looked like he was starting to get a little emotional so he had to get the hell out of there.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Heads up, if you can tolerate the podcast Smartless, Larry was on it this week and he was great. I don't think I've ever heard him laugh as much as he does on it. Sean Hayes, who plays Larry's lawyer in the last season is one of the hosts along with Will Arnett and Jason Bateman.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
What the gently caress am I supposed to watch on HBO now?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Vice Principals

Or rewatch Curb

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jose Oquendo posted:

Conan O'Brien has a new travel show on Max where he goes to different countries to visit fans of his. It's only 4 episodes, but it's pretty good if you're a fan of his style of comedy.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Hacks comes back in a couple of weeks.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Rageaholic posted:

Conan O'Brien has a new travel show on Max where he goes to different countries to visit fans of his. It's only 4 episodes, but it's pretty good if you're a fan of his style of comedy.

you got clearance to wach that?

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

SirPablo posted:

Vice Principals

I just watched this over the past week and a half and I loved it. Utterly brilliant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jose Oquendo posted:

This all over again from the beginning.