Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I discovered this show back when it first aired, and I loved it from the beginning and used to record it on the VCR, because there wasn’t any On Demand back then.

I recorded it on VHS tapes, and at the time the cable I had didn’t show the episode names on the guide, and of course the show itself didn’t have the episode name appear either.

So I labeled my vhs tapes and gave them names I knew I would remember. Many years later during a move, I found a ten-year old vhs tape in a bookshelf and its label was BELOVED oval office

Still made me laugh, years on.

Also:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Are they really remaking the Seinfeld finale?

NJM
Jan 3, 2020

Watching this episode, it occurred to me Curb is probably the series with the most scenes with someone alone in the bathroom

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

NJM posted:

Watching this episode, it occurred to me Curb is probably the series with the most scenes with someone alone in the bathroom

oh believe me, Girls has this beat in that category

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
This series is absolutely going to end in jail like Seinfeld

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’ll be surprised if it doesn’t end with him dead.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Henchman of Santa posted:

Larry is a hygiene freak to the extent that he's trying to soap the entire bathroom. That's the whole joke.

That's not the joke at all. He's trying to scent the air to cover up his poo poo smell. He even sniffed before he did it to make it even more clear.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

wrong. Larry was kneading imaginary dough and tossing an imaginary pizza in the air

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Just rewatched the Jon Hamm episode, and I’d forgotten how much I liked Kaitlin Olson as Becky.

Also, I’d somehow totally forgotten Larry screwed Becky :stare:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

MrMojok posted:

Just rewatched the Jon Hamm episode, and I’d forgotten how much I liked Kaitlin Olson as Becky.

That's a fantastic episode.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Junkenstein posted:

Are they really remaking the Seinfeld finale?

Doltos posted:

This series is absolutely going to end in jail like Seinfeld

Given how much he seems to like the Seinfeld ending, this is sadly what I'm expecting now.

(Or maybe it's a red herring.)

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

the seinfeld ending is good goddammit

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

the seinfeld ending is good goddammit

Agreed. I don't think it was goodbye on MASH or anything but it definitely didn't deserve the hate it got. The whole crime was just an excuse to do a string of callbacks and you can argue that isn't very imaginative but I still thought it was entertaining and having them end the conversation on the shirt button was genius.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Feb 14, 2024

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
People that don't appreciate the final scene of Seinfeld don't deserve it or Curb.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
I’m going to think about Larry David’s shoehorn finger every time I put on shoes forever and there is nothing I’m able to do to stop it.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

This was so loving good and I could listen to them talk for hours. Shame it was only 40 minutes.

It might be the most I've ever heard Larry laugh in any interview he's done. Here are the other two videos they posted but the whole thing is very much worth listening to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LqETjhpYHU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUdoSd7H8kY

E: A third just came out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxm9z8vquQo

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Feb 14, 2024

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

ChesterJT posted:

Agreed. I don't think it was goodbye on MASH or anything but it definitely didn't deserve the hate it got.

I watched Seinfeld on Hulu years after its original airing, so I had plenty of warning going in. I didn't think the finale was that terrible... but it wasn't that great either.

NJM
Jan 3, 2020

A big reason the Seinfeld finale flopped is when it first aired, it was immediately preceded by an hour long clip show. Just a lot of "remember that time" going on & on

It wouldn't surprise me if we do get something similar this time. Seems like trying again to get it right is someone Larry would do

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Im rewatching the series too and He really did look like an rear end in a top hat in that TV guide cover

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’ll be surprised if it doesn’t end with him dead.

The season ends in a crossover with Only Murderers in the Building.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

MrMojok posted:

Becky went away for a long time and came back with MUCH more Dee Reynolds DNA

gurragadon
Jul 28, 2006

Yeah, I'm pretty sure she was Becky before It's Always Sunny began. She kind of got typecast as Dee since then and they changed her character on Curb to match.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

the first season of curb came out before 9/11 :regd13:

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

it’s been around since just before I became an adult. its going to be odd when it ends. not even news anchors last this long

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

panko posted:

the first season of curb came out before 9/11 :regd13:

I was just thinking about this yesterday. I remember watching it then, and everything pre-9/11 for me is a memory of a… simpler time :qq:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It came out when I was 8, I started watching it when I was in late high school and now I'm in my 30s.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
It will live on in our hearts forever.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
They did broadcast some of it on Norwegian national TV, and it had to have a host (Harald Eia, who was the one who fought to bring it on TV in Norway) before the episode to explain the cultural significance and references of the episode.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

evobatman posted:

They did broadcast some of it on Norwegian national TV, and it had to have a host (Harald Eia, who was the one who fought to bring it on TV in Norway) before the episode to explain the cultural significance and references of the episode.

yeah, that's why I distinctly remember it from my late teens

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

evobatman posted:

go on

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Henchman of Santa posted:

That's what I mean with late season episodes feeling overstuffed. I feel like Larry now feels the need to get every last funny idea he had out onto the screen for a quick gag if there's not the usual Curb setup and payoff. This episode had the cake, Siri not understanding him, taking the food from the sad waiter, the awkwardly long hotel walk (I thought it was gonna be a guy thirsting for tips and walking him to somewhere easy).

yeah that and shopping center bathroom police guy who was just a variation on shoe whore guy from season 1 made me wonder if they were just there to paint Georgians as insufferably rules oriented which tbf

the jacket thing was weird since he wasn't obligated, unless he really wanted to do jeff a solid but obv it's a macguffin setup now

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Richard Lewis so loving good on this show.

And Oscar winning actor Troy Kotsur!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Best episode of the season so far.

Let me say goodbye to your stupid loving dog.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
lol. That was a really good episode. Vince Vaughn is always funny when he shows up. I find it hilarious when Larry David is being petty over a money issue....even if he's on the right side of things. The balls out of the bottom of the shorts was the only undercooked storyline.

Larry was correct that he should be able to drop a ball.....imo.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Larry wearing the shorts :allears:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Rageaholic posted:

Larry wearing the shorts :allears:

Putting his legs up

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

that was some all-timer leon stuff

"what is she, the cum police?"

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That was all-timer. So good.

What do you got - 3 sperms???

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That felt like classic season 1-6 Curb. Great one.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Feb 20, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

What great episode, nice and simple. Top-tier Leon in that one too.