Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Stare-Out posted:

They showed the text chain at the end but I was surprised there was no payoff like Larry being kicked out of it or losing it and leaving. Good ep though, that dog is super loving getting eaten by a coyote later too.

Yea I was expecting to see "Larry David left the group" and a bunch of bitching about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

"be the reason someone smiles toda-OH gently caress YOU!"

lmao

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Good episode, but the housekeeper walking in on cunnilingus is a gag he basically already did a few seasons ago when the housekeeper walked on him with Leon's sex doll and that was much funnier.

But it's a continuing source of good comedy that Larry David hates almost almost everyone in his life and absolutely doesn't want to be around them, but he still wants to be in their good graces for some reason even though he'd be much happier if he just quit the group.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Mar 19, 2024

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

1000 Sweaty Rikers posted:

"be the reason someone smiles toda-OH gently caress YOU!"

lmao

I thought for sure he was going to send a voice memo or dictated message

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That was probably my least favorite episode of the season, though the ending was pretty good.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
The whole conversation with Lewis at the car about "Babe-ing" him was so good. I'd love to see some outtakes on that.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I thought the whole episode was solid. I would love to see other takes of the first Conan conversation.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

oh poo poo, Matt Berry is on next week

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
“It’s been a while since I heard a Fatty Arbuckle reference. Did you just come from Margaret Dumont’s house?”

*my entire skeleton turns into dust from laughing at that reference*

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"

robot roll call posted:

oh poo poo, Matt Berry is on next week

Maybe he’s the new lawyer!

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

the conan and poo poo with susie felt contrived, but at least the key tossing got its slap-stick finish. and lol at yet another nod to Seinfeld with the pen

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Gonz posted:

“It’s been a while since I heard a Fatty Arbuckle reference. Did you just come from Margaret Dumont’s house?”

*my entire skeleton turns into dust from laughing at that reference*

Same. That might have been my favorite joke all season.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I was hoping for more Conan. I burst out laughing at him walking casually in the first scene cause you know for a fact he was trying his hardest there.

Pretty good episode overall. Poor Richard Lewis tho. :( He must have been confined to a wheelchair during his final year.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I never really “got” Conan

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

Pretty good episode overall. Poor Richard Lewis tho. :( He must have been confined to a wheelchair during his final year.

yeah, he looks really terrible. I hope he wasn't pressured to join this season

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

ulvir posted:

yeah, he looks really terrible. I hope he wasn't pressured to join this season

I don't know. I can't imagine a lifelong comedian wanting to do something else with their final time than to riff with other legends. Even if he was stuck sitting.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Apparently that was his actual wife in the last scene

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Vintersorg posted:

I was hoping for more Conan. I burst out laughing at him walking casually in the first scene cause you know for a fact he was trying his hardest there.

I am sure we will see him in the final "trial" episode, but if not, his last appearance on this show was sniffing around in his stinky car ... :sniff:

opengl posted:

Apparently that was his actual wife in the last scene

Wife of "nearly 30 years" according to an ET article, where math is not considered a reality, as they wrote themselves that they met in 1998 and married in 2004.

I also didn't know Lewis died of a heart attack.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Mar 25, 2024

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
its good to see him but yeah he looks like a corpse these last few episodes, kind of hard to laugh at what he's saying

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

mcbexx posted:

I am sure we will see him in the final "trial" episode, but if not, his last appearance on this show was sniffing around in his stinky car ... :sniff:

His final appearance being yet another time Larry ruined his relationship with "The One" would be fitting.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

rear end in a top hat Conan was pretty funny, I wish he was in it more.

Was Steve Buscemi on Curb before? I feel like I saw him on an older season.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SeANMcBAY posted:

rear end in a top hat Conan was pretty funny, I wish he was in it more.

Was Steve Buscemi on Curb before? I feel like I saw him on an older season.
This is his only episode according to IMDB.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
I think the episode needed the Susie stuff fleshed out a bit more. It didn't come together with the usual Larry David quality. Still lots of funny bits in the show, but not as cohesive as we know they can be.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I need a gif of Larry awkwardly stomping through the planter up to Conan's window because that killed me

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Least favorite episode of the season. Wasn't bad....but there just weren't that many funny moments. Kind of wasted Conan too.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

"I'll be back in a half an hour, I've got to go sign some papers so I can kill my friend whenever I want to"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
took a while to figure out if Buscemi was playing himself or not

gurragadon
Jul 28, 2006

Trying to figure out whether a celebrity is themselves or a character is one of the things I have trouble with watching Curb. I thought Vince Vaughn was just playing himself for the longest time.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
yeah it was definitely weird being in the same episode where Conan appeared. I think the general rule is well-known comedians play themselves, everyone else is a character

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

They all seem to be playing silly versions of themselves whether they use their real names or not, I don’t know why they bother to make up other characters for them.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Yeah it's not like it would be weird for someone like Steve Buscemi to have vintage cars and connections to other famous people in LA. Then again Sean Hayes was on one of the biggest shows in America and nobody bats an eye at him playing a lawyer married to a guy played by another person from a huge comedy.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Steve Buscemi didn’t want people thinking he had a colostomy bag

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

Steve Buscemi didn’t want people thinking he had a colostomy bag

:lol:

Buscemi looked extra lovely. :(

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Would Larry still be a big celebrity in the Curb Universe where Curb Your Enthusiasm is not a thing?

I guess he's had the play and the Seinfeld reunion and now Young Larry.

Junkenstein fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Mar 26, 2024

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Final episode: “I think I’m gonna make a show”

“Yeah Larry, what’s it called?”

He makes a poo poo eating grin and the theme plays him out

Next year he announces he’s doing another season

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Junkenstein posted:

Would Larry still be a big celebrity in the Curb Universe where Curb Your Enthusiasm is not a thing?

I guess he's had the play and the Seinfeld reunion and now Young Larry.

If anything he isn't enough of a celebrity in the CCU. The fact that he has to get clearance for Conan and not the other way around is ridiculous.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Alan Smithee posted:

Final episode: “I think I’m gonna make a show”

“Yeah Larry, what’s it called?”

He makes a poo poo eating grin and the theme plays him out

Next year he announces he’s doing another season

:fap: The best possible ending

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Does the TV show "Friday's" exist in this world?

And is Larry David basically retiring after this? I figure he has the juice to go to any network and get near any project greenlit.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Does the TV show "Friday's" exist in this world?

And is Larry David basically retiring after this? I figure he has the juice to go to any network and get near any project greenlit.

I saw him on an interview and he said he’s not retiring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QKALil3JPw

Good interview