Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

no snacks for blacks

I’m pretty sure that’s going to be stuck in some part of my brain and will come out when I’m delirious in a nursing home, then I’ll be justly smothered with my pillow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Rewatching Seinfeld, and apparently LD has been thinking about shoehorn hands and fingers for a long time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2A9vRjwfQY&t=37s

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Professor Wayne posted:

Rewatching Seinfeld, and apparently LD has been thinking about shoehorn hands and fingers for a long time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2A9vRjwfQY&t=37s

Ha yeah, I rewatched that episode only the other day.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Episode starts with "In Memory of Richard Lewis" :love:

e: I think that's the most I've laughed at an episode this season :allears:

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Mar 4, 2024

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Loved the JG Wentworth payoff. :lol:

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

really enjoyed that episode

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The brick got me lol

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I miss the dynamic Cheryl and Larry had. :(

Amazing episode tho!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is he really going to end the show in a trial again.:lol:

I wouldn’t be opposed to the idea if they bring back various side characters in a similar way.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
You go see your friend, Orange Fish.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is he really going to end the show in a trial again.:lol:

I wouldn’t be opposed to the idea if they bring back various side characters in a similar way.

A parade of people pointing out how lovely and antisocial Larry is? I hope he does the same exact ending as Seinfeld, gently caress the haters.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Irma is just as lovely as Larry is, They really deserve each other.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The JG Wentworth jingle was one of the best unexpected gags in a while.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I genuinely lol’d at the JG Wentworth song

Septimius
Aug 23, 2006

I've never been to Santa Monica, but it appears to be a tiny hamlet where everyone knows each other and bumps into each other all the time.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Oh hey someone I know on the episode

Septimius posted:

I've never been to Santa Monica, but it appears to be a tiny hamlet where everyone knows each other and bumps into each other all the time.

he lives in Brentwood which is where OJ was not convicted of killing Nicole

so yeah kinda

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
definitely the best episode of the season so far though Irma running into the Disney girl right after leaving Larry was way too on the nose. I swear only like 50 people live in Curb's version of NYC

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

JAMOOOL posted:

definitely the best episode of the season so far though Irma running into the Disney girl right after leaving Larry was way too on the nose. I swear only like 50 people live in Curb's version of NYC

It must be a Southern California thing. Arrested Development was like that too.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

JAMOOOL posted:

Curb is like the most LA show to ever be on TV man lol.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
yeah man you can walk from the hollywood sign to disneyland in an hour

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

mcmagic posted:

It does have two seasons set in New York tbf.

The small world nature of CYE is somewhat of a contrivance but it’s important to remember that it takes place almost entirely among a particular tax bracket and there are only so many people in its various ritzy neighborhoods.

Septimius
Aug 23, 2006

Larry and JB working for Apple

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgpdtn2Zotw

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

timeline dot jpeg.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

lmao this season is starting to go places

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

mcmagic posted:

at a certain point it was in NYC though right? but yea you know what I mean :)

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I wonder if the pen Ted Danson gave Larry can write upside down

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

I remember that. From the last page.

I had to look up Hobie Turner. I was like who the gently caress is that?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
The first two episodes of this season had me thinking that my sense of humor and Larry's had just diverged too far for me to find this show funny anymore, but I stuck around due to all the goodwill built up over the last 11 seasons.

I'm glad I did tbh because imo the show got way better starting in Episode 3. Larry's weird gurgle celebration when Irma finally left him was so loving weird and hilarious, and the idea of a cluster of petty "Larry's an rear end in a top hat" commemorative stones in a memorial is so funny

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Henchman of Santa posted:

The small world nature of CYE is somewhat of a contrivance but it’s important to remember that it takes place almost entirely among a particular tax bracket and there are only so many people in its various ritzy neighborhoods.

I've always assumed it's mainly this. The rich LA writer community can't be that big.

And I'm not sure how I feel about this season ending in another trial. LD just saying "gently caress you?"

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Residency Evil posted:

LD just saying "gently caress you?"

Always has been

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Oh wonderful just found this channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2994olNlj4

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Residency Evil posted:

I've always assumed it's mainly this. The rich LA writer community can't be that big.

And I'm not sure how I feel about this season ending in another trial. LD just saying "gently caress you?"
I think it will be really funny if he did one of the most unpopular endings all over again. Especially because even on Curb there was a plotline about redoing the Seinfeld ending but then juts to go nope, let's havve Larry end the series in jail... chef's kiss

last two episodes have been classic Curb after the season opened with extremely lib-brained payoffs

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

The Dan Levy scene looked amazing and I was disappointed in real time at how much it was chopped up.

There's a lot of good back and forth that got left on the cutting room floor there, 100%

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
The apple eating was fantastic.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

ChesterJT posted:

The apple eating was fantastic.

The fruit eating stuff was wacky.....but funny.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Decent episode, least laughs of the season though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The whole "Sienna Miller is the worst jewish convert ever" thing is pretty funny.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"There's a dick in my mouth?!"

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Rageaholic posted:

"There's a dick in my mouth?!"

SUZIE: I don't even do blowjobs, isn't that right Jeff?

JEFF: You need me to confirm that for you?

lmao

Overall good ep imo

E: Also I respected Laurie Loughlin for portraying herself as a serial cheater and liar; that was quite funny

timp fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Mar 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Why is this show doing Will Smith slap jokes in 2024