Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

mcbexx posted:

No payoff/fallout at all from Leon taking a bite of the birthday cake?
Why even put it in there?

Sloppy.

Yeah, I feel like they had to have filmed one that they later edited out. Which is not at all like this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

counterpoint: Susie is actually the protagonist of the entire series, beset at all times by the idiocy of Jeff and Larry and simply wishing to have a normal life without the two of them causing a scene or embroiling her in whatever dumbass thing they're up to

This is quite plausible, but also GIVE ME THE loving HEAD!! 😡

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I discovered this show back when it first aired, and I loved it from the beginning and used to record it on the VCR, because there wasn’t any On Demand back then.

I recorded it on VHS tapes, and at the time the cable I had didn’t show the episode names on the guide, and of course the show itself didn’t have the episode name appear either.

So I labeled my vhs tapes and gave them names I knew I would remember. Many years later during a move, I found a ten-year old vhs tape in a bookshelf and its label was BELOVED oval office

Still made me laugh, years on.

Also:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Just rewatched the Jon Hamm episode, and I’d forgotten how much I liked Kaitlin Olson as Becky.

Also, I’d somehow totally forgotten Larry screwed Becky :stare:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

panko posted:

the first season of curb came out before 9/11 :regd13:

I was just thinking about this yesterday. I remember watching it then, and everything pre-9/11 for me is a memory of a… simpler time :qq:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Saw this pic and LOL’d.

Richard and Larry at the playboy club. I have no idea what year, but look at LD’s big head of hair!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

There are lots of great YouTube clips out there of Lewis’ standup career.

I haven’t gone looking yet, but I remember HBO airing a standup show in the late 70s, with several comics doing short sets.

I remember seeing Kaufman on there, I think it was the first time I ever saw Jim Carrey, and I think Lewis was on a couple of them too.

His manner of speaking never failed to make me LOL. It’s like he was constantly interrupting himself with another thought or a different way to put it, and it always made me laugh.