Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Residency Evil posted:

I've always assumed it's mainly this. The rich LA writer community can't be that big.

And I'm not sure how I feel about this season ending in another trial. LD just saying "gently caress you?"
I think it will be really funny if he did one of the most unpopular endings all over again. Especially because even on Curb there was a plotline about redoing the Seinfeld ending but then juts to go nope, let's havve Larry end the series in jail... chef's kiss

last two episodes have been classic Curb after the season opened with extremely lib-brained payoffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

My recollection of seinfeld days is people for the most part didn't reallly knew who he was but then you'd have some wise folks saying like "Oh it was better during the Larry David years," and I think the fact that this mythical Larry David came back for the finale was also pretty widely known. So I think without Curb he wouldn't be that famous, especially decades on from Seinfeld, but with the other projects he's done in Curb world I guess he'd be back out there, Young Larry specifically as people have said. i can't remember what he was up to in a lot of the other seasons... he had the play but I don't think that'd really put him on the pop culture map...

Anyway I really liked that episode, I thought it was vintage Curb/Seinfeld with a bunch of plots colliding at the end.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://twitter.com/RachelShukert/status/1775258047763632215

it's true.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I would’ve liked it if Larry ended up in jail too
But this was still fun

Yeah I forgot about the Janney thing, that went nowhere, but the Seinfeld-Pesci scene I thought made no sense did go somewhere so that was a fun development

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Actually thinking about it, I think it would’ve been funnier to do the same ending again. Lighter on the lamp shading and then just ending that way as if that’s the only way LD can think of to end a show. Ah well. Man this is the end of a very long era..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

I liked the episode, got some good laughs out of me. think the ending would have been stronger if Larry got shot after getting off but oh well.
lol that would be the one way to make the ending as hated as the seinfeld ending just having him literally get murdered by lewis's ex, stakes totally out of balance with anything else that's ever happened on here