Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
One of the best sitcoms of all time. Hope for a corker of a final season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Rageaholic posted:

This big head joke feels recycled from that Seinfeld episode with the bad breaker upper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbQTwUnJoFc

e: Is that Sharlto Copley?

Getting angry and yelling at Siri wasn't exactly original either.....but that didn't stop it from making me laugh out loud.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

lol. That was a really good episode. Vince Vaughn is always funny when he shows up. I find it hilarious when Larry David is being petty over a money issue....even if he's on the right side of things. The balls out of the bottom of the shorts was the only undercooked storyline.

Larry was correct that he should be able to drop a ball.....imo.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

ChesterJT posted:

The apple eating was fantastic.

The fruit eating stuff was wacky.....but funny.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Least favorite episode of the season. Wasn't bad....but there just weren't that many funny moments. Kind of wasted Conan too.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

The finale preview clip montage has gotten me to restart the show from the beginning. I don't think I had ever seen the hour long special from 1999 that ended up becoming the show. Obviously 25 years older.....but Larry David doesn't look all that much different.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

RestingB1tchFace posted:

The finale preview clip montage has gotten me to restart the show from the beginning. I don't think I had ever seen the hour long special from 1999 that ended up becoming the show. Obviously 25 years older.....but Larry David doesn't look all that much different.

Also.....CYE was good right off the bat. Need to remind myself that every once in a while.....because a lot of the great sitcoms (even modern ones) take a season or two in order to hit their stride.

Thoughts on the "HD" conversion for the first six seasons? Wasn't sure if I was going to like having the picture cropped so that it would be full 16:9.....but the picture actually looks pretty good.
And even though it is a bit zoomed in.....I can't think of anything that really gets lost on a show like this and may prefer it to the pillarbox.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

gurragadon posted:

I don't really see why her character is in the show now. They have been divorced for years at this point in the show. Like why is she the one busting in upset about the masseuse? I guess Larry doesn't really have a female character on the show besides her at this point to do that, but maybe just don't do that plot line.

Their social circles overlap quite a bit.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Angryhead posted:

That tweet made me look up and holy poo poo, JB Smoove is 58 years old?

See....that doesn't surprise me. He's looking noticeably older, imo.

But who cares.....we need a Leon spinoff!

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Think I picked it up around the 4th or 5th season as well. We didn't have HBO until I was in high school. I'm surprised looking back that there aren't more episodes. But 12 seasons at 10 episodes per.......just seems like there should be more.......

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Hour long finale!? Consider me surprised. I expected no more than 42 minutes.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Rageaholic posted:

"I'm not really interested in your opinion."
"What do you mean?"
"I don't consider you a person."

Jesus, Larry hahaha

"We'll see about that!"

lol

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Didn't feel like an episode of CYE at all.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

SeANMcBAY posted:

Everything related to Trump and that stuff was the low point for sure. I forgot that Colonel Vindman guy was actually a real guy.

Not everything. I thought Larry wearing around a MAGA hat so that people would leave him alone was a great bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

escape artist posted:

Yes, yes you must. I watched VP after watching RG and I actually liked Vice Principals even more.

As great as Eastbound and Down is.....I liked Vice Principals even more. Walton Goggins is awesome. Righteous Gemstones is giving VP a run for favorite Danny McBride HBO show now too. But all three are really great.