Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Is it just me or was there a weird amount of product placement in this episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Sorry to hear about Richard. The good news is, Larry's still alive

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

The fruit thing was so ridiculous but drat if it didn't make me laugh.

We almost got through a full episode without outdated references. So close.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Junkenstein posted:

Would Larry still be a big celebrity in the Curb Universe where Curb Your Enthusiasm is not a thing?

I guess he's had the play and the Seinfeld reunion and now Young Larry.

If anything he isn't enough of a celebrity in the CCU. The fact that he has to get clearance for Conan and not the other way around is ridiculous.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

I think maybe a fair comparison is Dan Harmon. His name is in the title screen for Community and Rick & Morty so a lot of people vaguely know his name even if they don't know what he looks like.

That said, celebrities and especially comedians like Conan would definitely know who Larry David is.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Decent ep but the masseuse subplot didn't really go anywhere. Maybe she'll show up in the trial to tell us Larry is a Very Bad Man.

(Spoilers based on the synopsis for the last episode)
The synopsis doesn't mention the trial but it's impossible to imagine the series ending without, or it being a three minute thing at the end of the episode so it's weird.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

robot roll call posted:

I wouldn't be shocked if this became a thing over the next decade. people get nostalgic for the limitations of the media they grew up with and the last kids who grew up with 4:3 shows are getting old enough to have creative influence on stuff

anyways, all I want from curb is resolution on the fish.

Should we have a poll predicting whether fish dead or fish thriving?

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

He had me at "a jackulit".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Could've done without Larry exclaiming "we should've ended the finale like this" or whatever, it was obvious and better without it.

Also, wasting time in the finale on the Lewis girlfriend plotline that didn't go anywhere stands out in this season full of wasted plot lines.

I did enjoy the callback to the first joke in the show, just like in the Seinfeld prison scene.

kiminewt fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Apr 8, 2024