Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Tip in the toilet was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

SirPablo posted:

CYE and Larry going down in a blaze of "gently caress you" glory to the chuds.

I hope it doesn't go on all season. It's been a good one but I could do without another show full of Trump references.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

Larry is a hygiene freak to the extent that he's trying to soap the entire bathroom. That's the whole joke.

That's not the joke at all. He's trying to scent the air to cover up his poo poo smell. He even sniffed before he did it to make it even more clear.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

the seinfeld ending is good goddammit

Agreed. I don't think it was goodbye on MASH or anything but it definitely didn't deserve the hate it got. The whole crime was just an excuse to do a string of callbacks and you can argue that isn't very imaginative but I still thought it was entertaining and having them end the conversation on the shirt button was genius.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Feb 14, 2024

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

OldSenileGuy posted:

Honestly when Siena Miller is the other option, Larry continuing to stay with Irma just because he told that guy he would is the most unrealistic part.

I assume this will be followed up on

Especially after the whole scene with Cheryl where he reinforced how he only cares about himself. Definitely odd how sometimes he goes out of his way to accommodate people and other times goes out of his way to murder people with words.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

I'm usually with Larry on most things but demanding to get breakfast after 11a and bringing his own eggs is a little out there. I don't care for the political angle this season but he's still got it.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Feb 26, 2024

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

JAMOOOL posted:

gotta say I do find all the references to 2020-2022 stuff a bit distracting - It's Always Sunny did a Giuliani hair dye joke TWO seasons ago

And it wasn't even funny then. I think that's why it's so glaring. The Stacey Abrams/Trump/Giuliani stuff, it's all so low-hanging and pandering. Larry has shown he still has the chops to be hilarious without resorting to that. More hitting deaf oscar winners with golf balls please.

Jehde posted:

Anti-breakfast service is wild. You ever try ordering breakfast at a wendy's at 10:28 am? I don't know why but food service workers just really hate serving breakfast.

Look at this guy who has never worked food service in his life.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

mcmagic posted:

There are a million clips of Richard Lewis in Curb on my Twitter timeline and they are all loving hilarious.

It's like when Norm died. It's this weird combination of sad and funny at the same time.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

I remember that. From the last page.

I had to look up Hobie Turner. I was like who the gently caress is that?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

The apple eating was fantastic.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

Why is this show doing Will Smith slap jokes in 2024

It wasn't a great line, but Jeff basically telling the guy "my wife sucks play along" was funny.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

The whole conversation with Lewis at the car about "Babe-ing" him was so good. I'd love to see some outtakes on that.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Pretty pretty pretty good episode. Not a big Springsteen fan but he served his role well. Could have used a little more Matt Berry, but he was great. Larry saying he slept with Kendra not Ken was fantastic, and any shouting match between Larry and Susie is gold. Can't believe there's only one episode left.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Rageaholic posted:

he was pretty obviously disgusted that he used to hook up with a trans person

You've misread the scene in your effort to dog whistle transphobia. Larry wouldn't and doesn't care that Kendra is now a Ken and isn't denying Ken's right to be whatever he wants to be. Others have already pointed out that's not the source of his discomfort, and it's hilarious when actual transgender people have better senses of humor than the people getting upset over things they don't understand.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

My favorite line on rewatching it: Marty Funkhouser, to Richard Lewis, regarding his new girlfriend the burlesque dancer with an impressive bosom: “Are you ever going to set aside a day to look at her face?”

This show, along with me, desperately misses Bob Einstein. It's still prettay prettay good but he was just the loving best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

I did almost groan when Vindman came back for the cameo. Just a little humor black hole in the center of the episode for the laziest Trump own. Thankfully the finale was pretty clear of it otherwise.

I do think the show suffered a bit from Larry obviously stacking up ideas and not realizing that nobody cared about the slap or the hair dye after about a week.

Totally agree. It's a hell of a stretch to call that dweeb a hero but he sure is going out of his way to remind everyone that he thinks he is. Not very heroic behavior.

I liked that Larry started messing with his pants flap then Jerry popped in but I agree the blatant Seinfeld ending talk was dumb. Leon's plot could have been worked in so much smarter. It was an ok season but I was just waiting for this big buildup to a culmination joke to go out on the highest of highs and it never happened so I was left feeling very underwhelmed.