Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Call JG Wentworth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Agree on it felt like it was missing parts of the story. And it isn't like the episode was that long at 35 minutes, they've run into the 40s in recent seasons.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
CYE and Larry going down in a blaze of "gently caress you" glory to the chuds.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

MrMojok posted:

Just rewatched the Jon Hamm episode, and I’d forgotten how much I liked Kaitlin Olson as Becky.

Also, I’d somehow totally forgotten Larry screwed Becky :stare:

That's a fantastic episode.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
People that don't appreciate the final scene of Seinfeld don't deserve it or Curb.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
It will live on in our hearts forever.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Best episode of the season so far.

Let me say goodbye to your stupid loving dog.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Rageaholic posted:

Larry wearing the shorts :allears:

Putting his legs up

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Someone remind me why Irma is still in the picture.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Oh right, six months.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Build

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
That loving look on Jeff's face when he hears that first sneeze lmaooo

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I would think restaurants would not be inclined to cook random food brought in and I would even guess it violates health codes in some areas. GTFO with your weird rear end eggs.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I love pissing in bowls.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFplIl7hhkw

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
You go see your friend, Orange Fish.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is he really going to end the show in a trial again.:lol:

I wouldn’t be opposed to the idea if they bring back various side characters in a similar way.

A parade of people pointing out how lovely and antisocial Larry is? I hope he does the same exact ending as Seinfeld, gently caress the haters.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Oh wonderful just found this channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2994olNlj4

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Only four more episodes. :911:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://lamag.com/tv/curb-your-enthusiasm-caftan-billboard-santa-monica-blvd-vandalism

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Stare-Out posted:

They showed the text chain at the end but I was surprised there was no payoff like Larry being kicked out of it or losing it and leaving. Good ep though, that dog is super loving getting eaten by a coyote later too.

Yea I was expecting to see "Larry David left the group" and a bunch of bitching about him.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QKALil3JPw

Good interview

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Dirty Floor Fucker

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I don't know what adult life is like without CYE

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Rageaholic posted:

You're right, my bad. It's not like the whole episode was centered around that.

This did make me remember an episode earlier in the series that could be considered biphobic, though. Season 8, episode 7: "The Bi-Sexual", the one with Rosie O'Donnell. Now, I haven't seen that one in years, so I'm not entirely sure that's the case, but I do remember there being an exchange between Larry and Rosie in which Rosie says something like "I hate bisexuals." and Larry responds "They're the worst.", which also left a bad taste in my mouth.

Wasn't their disdain for bisexuals that they (Larry and Rosie) wanted them to "pick a side" which spoke more to indecision than sexual preference.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

SeANMcBAY posted:

Hopefully it looks better than Seinfeld on Netflix, which looks like absolute dogshit with that grainy rear end upscale they did.

Cropping also really sucks.

At this point I rarely watch Seinfeld, rather listen to it.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Annabel Pee posted:

I rewatched the whole show before the final season and IMO there is quite a lot of it that hasn't aged great. I think a good counter-point is Always Sunny, thats aged pretty perfectly as every racist/homophobic etc. joke is always 100% at the expense of the characters.

With Curb, yeah the joke is that Larry is being a dick and saying things someone wouldn't normally say, but there is often an element I think is supposed to be related of like, hey isn't it annoying as a rich white guy who says it as it is, that you always get accused of racism, or pointing out you don't think someones really disabled, or accidentally getting accused of sexual assault due to a comical series of misunderstandings. It happens to all of us these days!

Like the masseuse in the last episode, it's happened multiple times in the series now that Larry gets accused of sexual assault, as though thats a thing that could comically happen these days now that everyone is aware.

Even a lot of the little things, putting waitstaff and chauffeurs in uncomfortable situations come of too mean-spirited to me. As though LD is like aren't these little things people do annoying and imagine if someone could go around and tell the truth, not really grasping how unlikeable it is to put these people in situations where they could get fired.

I agree a bit with the Ken/Kendra stuff. Mostly titling the episode that way gives it a salacious vibe of woah what's this wacky episode of a woman who used to be a man going to be about?

It's all just minor stuff though, I know its borderline and I could be taking some stuff the wrong way, still enjoy the show and am looking forward to the finale.

Larry is often trying to go out of his way to make people NOT feel uncomfortable, which often backfires, suggestion that sometimes it is ok to let people around you help out or that "helping" isn't actually help.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

gurragadon posted:

I guess Larry doesn't really have a female character on the show besides her at this point to do that, but maybe just don't do that plot line.

The show has felt a bit off with just Bachelor Larry since Irma left

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Auntie Rae: gently caress you Larry David!

I laughed more during the final episode than any other in the season. Sad it's over. Thank you Larry David!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
It's great a bunch of you don't like the ending, just like the response to the Seinfeld finale.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

mcbexx posted:

No new episode tonight ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Vice Principals

Or rewatch Curb