Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

a bit of an incoherent episode compared to earlier seasons, but it still made me chuckle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

it didn’t click for me until now that the money was supposed to be tip. I thought he just had to take it out of his trousers before cleaning them and didn’t notice :cripes:

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

panko posted:

thats exactly what it was… yet another case of goons watching bad

and here I started to doubt my first assumption

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

that he decided to wear them again is actually the strangest part of that whole episode. I would personally burn anything that fell into a toilet without question myself, much like seinfeld and larry of earlier seasons. (no toilet is ever “clean”, they’re just not visibly disgusting :colbert:)

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

panko posted:

I got bad news about your toothbrush buddy

that always stays in a closed cabinet. try again :smuggo:

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

what’s susie’s goddamn problem

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

some classic Larry scenes this time around though

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

counterpoint: Susie is actually the protagonist of the entire series, beset at all times by the idiocy of Jeff and Larry and simply wishing to have a normal life without the two of them causing a scene or embroiling her in whatever dumbass thing they're up to

she should've obviously divorced jeff about eleven seasons ago, but she still sucks

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

it’s been around since just before I became an adult. its going to be odd when it ends. not even news anchors last this long

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

evobatman posted:

They did broadcast some of it on Norwegian national TV, and it had to have a host (Harald Eia, who was the one who fought to bring it on TV in Norway) before the episode to explain the cultural significance and references of the episode.

yeah, that's why I distinctly remember it from my late teens

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

that long haired dude looked a lot like Bob in Twin Peaks

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

there are definitely times where I wished I brought my own food instead.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

my guess is that Takahashi called Larry an rear end in a top hat on record. or possibly the golf coach or Susie. Ted, too

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

panko posted:

I only knew him from curb but he kicked rear end in it, especially twenty years ago before he got gaunt. the brunt of his career was before I was born but if he was in an episode it was likelier to be funny than not. rip to a real one.

he played Prince John in Men in tights. i don’t know how well that holds up today, but he was funny and good in it

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

kiminewt posted:

Sorry to hear about Richard. The good news is, Larry's still alive

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

lmao this season is starting to go places

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

fish stuck. fish dead.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

none of that connected to me at all, either

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

no. stuck dead.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

"but in a good way" also felt like a throwback to seinfeld

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

the conan and poo poo with susie felt contrived, but at least the key tossing got its slap-stick finish. and lol at yet another nod to Seinfeld with the pen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

Pretty good episode overall. Poor Richard Lewis tho. :( He must have been confined to a wheelchair during his final year.

yeah, he looks really terrible. I hope he wasn't pressured to join this season