Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AR9Dqi3CVc

After 24 years, Curb Your Enthusiasm has ended. To kick off the final season, Larry David assaulted Elmo on live TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zITD_I1xKpE

e:

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Apr 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh my god, Irma singing the J.G. Wentworth song lol

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This big head joke feels recycled from that Seinfeld episode with the bad breaker upper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbQTwUnJoFc

e: Is that Sharlto Copley?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahaha, Larry made his mugshot look as much like Trump's as possible. Nice.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh my loving god, Larry and Jeff using black hair dye as blackface on a white lawn jockey lmao

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Larry wearing the shorts :allears:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"Sometimes I get a little lazy once in a while. Sometimes I pee right in a condom, and I'll just take it off, tie a little knot in that motherfucker, throw it in the trash and keep on fuckin'."

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Richard Lewis died :smith: RIP. He's always been funny in Curb.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Episode starts with "In Memory of Richard Lewis" :love:

e: I think that's the most I've laughed at an episode this season :allears:

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Mar 4, 2024

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"There's a dick in my mouth?!"

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This middle of the night emergency news call list reminded me that in the 90s, my mom got a call from the daughter of a friend of hers from college that her mom had died at like 3 in the morning. My mom and this person weren't even close.

e: "There was a cunnilingus pioneer out there. We don't know who it was. They should get some credit for that."
"Put that motherfucker on the Mount Rushmore of pussy eaters. They all got their tongue out and poo poo. You know what I mean?"

Oh hell yeah, next week is the episode that Conan's on.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Mar 18, 2024

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That was probably my least favorite episode of the season, though the ending was pretty good.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SeANMcBAY posted:

rear end in a top hat Conan was pretty funny, I wish he was in it more.

Was Steve Buscemi on Curb before? I feel like I saw him on an older season.
This is his only episode according to IMDB.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Pretty lovely to put out a transphobic episode of this on Trans Visibility Day. I was laughing a lot before that, but then that happened and :yikes:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yeah I don't think the episode is itself anymore transphobic than the one where Larry recoils from Laverne Cox because she's sick (after already falling out of her good graces because he couldn't help himself asking about her genitals). Larry's discomfort is always the butt of the joke, trans actors are always playing the roles and agreeing to play along. This show has always mined humor out of the idea that people the audience feels inherent sympathy for can be just as rude as Larry is (like the Michael J. Fox episode). Compared to what most 76-year-old comics would be doing with the concept it's revelatory.
I get that, and I know the point of the show is that Larry sucks, but still, he was pretty obviously disgusted that he used to hook up with a trans person. Maybe it's just me and where I am in life, but I don't find that funny and don't want to watch an episode like that.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Henchman of Santa posted:

It was a bit gay panicky as he kept insisting on hooking up with Kendra as if that’s a different person. Fair enough to be put off by it at the moment. I just think calling it “a transphobic episode” is like calling the numerous ones where he gets himself in hot water with Black people “racist episodes” etc.
You're right, my bad. It's not like the whole episode was centered around that.

This did make me remember an episode earlier in the series that could be considered biphobic, though. Season 8, episode 7: "The Bi-Sexual", the one with Rosie O'Donnell. Now, I haven't seen that one in years, so I'm not entirely sure that's the case, but I do remember there being an exchange between Larry and Rosie in which Rosie says something like "I hate bisexuals." and Larry responds "They're the worst.", which also left a bad taste in my mouth.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I think the first season I saw as it aired was 10. I watched seasons 1-9 on HBO before that one came out.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I think 4 or 5 was my first season. I wanted to watch it earlier since I was always a huge Seinfeld fan but I didn’t have access to HBO.
:same:

My dad is a big Seinfeld fan but has never watched Curb, despite having access to HBO for years now. I keep trying to get him to watch it but he won't for whatever reason.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"I'm not really interested in your opinion."
"What do you mean?"
"I don't consider you a person."

Jesus, Larry hahaha

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh poo poo, Dean Norris as the judge

e: lol, this is almost exactly like the Seinfeld finale

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 8, 2024

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Aww, Richard :smith:

At least he got to see the end of the show's production

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

mcbexx posted:

Slightly longer version of the bts wrap up clip that has been posted already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GdQNpa69JE

It's funny how Cheryl Hines is pouring her heart out to Larry and he's just trying to shuffle off the set lmao

mcbexx posted:

No new episode tonight.
:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jose Oquendo posted:

What the gently caress am I supposed to watch on HBO now?
Conan O'Brien has a new travel show on Max where he goes to different countries to visit fans of his. It's only 4 episodes, but it's pretty good if you're a fan of his style of comedy.