Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
The Maria Sophia stuff isn’t really funny. It wasn’t last season, either. It’s made worse by the actress also being in the Regal Cinemas thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

panko posted:

except leon, who is always correct

He brings the ruckus to the ladies.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
I’m going to think about Larry David’s shoehorn finger every time I put on shoes forever and there is nothing I’m able to do to stop it.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
If the entire dining room wants breakfast after 11… wouldn’t it make sense for them to serve breakfast later? Why did they treat that like an attack on them? It seems like it’d make things easier.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
I love when Larry laughs like a chattering skeleton jaw.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
This episode was idiotic and I loved every second of it.
Edit - I need a gif of Larry doing those faces. Maybe I’ll do it when I wake up.

Super Deuce fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Mar 18, 2024

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

ulvir posted:

yeah, he looks really terrible. I hope he wasn't pressured to join this season

I don't know. I can't imagine a lifelong comedian wanting to do something else with their final time than to riff with other legends. Even if he was stuck sitting.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
I think the episode needed the Susie stuff fleshed out a bit more. It didn't come together with the usual Larry David quality. Still lots of funny bits in the show, but not as cohesive as we know they can be.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

i think all the women he cheats on susie with are clients

What about big vagina nurse?

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

Henchman of Santa posted:

I think they dated before he got with Susie.

I don’t think they ever said. That was season 5 so Sammy was, what? 11/12? Her Bat Mitzvah was the following season with a year break in between. So I guess it could have been before Susie. Either way, it was short lived.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
I mean, Ken was obviously making it uncomfortable for Larry. They shouldn't have mentioned anything at all about their relationship. That was super uncouth.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

Rageaholic posted:

I get that, and I know the point of the show is that Larry sucks, but still, he was pretty obviously disgusted that he used to hook up with a trans person. Maybe it's just me and where I am in life, but I don't find that funny and don't want to watch an episode like that.

It wasn’t an episode like that, and again you’re ignoring that Larry didn’t bring it up. It wasn’t transphobia it was Ken being a creep telling everyone he and Larry hosed in the past specifically to cause Larry’s discomfort. It wasn’t mentioned again after that scene.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

Alan Smithee posted:

ngl I'm kinda tired of Cheryl getting to be high road ballbuster all the time when her clownass is married to RFK jr

I like to think that Larry is giving her that stuff to mock her.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Also.....CYE was good right off the bat. Need to remind myself that every once in a while.....because a lot of the great sitcoms (even modern ones) take a season or two in order to hit their stride.

Thoughts on the "HD" conversion for the first six seasons? Wasn't sure if I was going to like having the picture cropped so that it would be full 16:9.....but the picture actually looks pretty good.
And even though it is a bit zoomed in.....I can't think of anything that really gets lost on a show like this and may prefer it to the pillarbox.

I wish more modern TV would use 4:3, honestly. It creates different shots for different tones than people use with 16:9. I don't feel like I'm losing anything when I watch DS9 DVDs, still. I like the framing.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

kiminewt posted:

He had me at "a jackulit".

Just the way he fucks with his robe in that scene was gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

panko posted:

curb has been so underwhelming the last few seasons that the thread is now producing funnier and more cohesive ideas than what was aired

This is wrong. Some of the “plot” of the show has been less cohesive than past seasons, but the space for the comedians to riff has expanded greatly.