Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Alex Smith was CBPoTY while being rear end but he won it because his leg basically fell off. What you’re coming back from is just as big of a deal as whether you play well (it’s a narrative award anyway) and the turn TFF took on Hamlin is real weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

That radically easy thing to do, recovering from cardiac arrest

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

King Hong Kong posted:

Yeah, even though I don’t really think he should win the award, the “he did nothing but sit back, take it easy, and enjoy the benefits of modern medicine” line like he had a cold or something is an insane take.

This is basically my point, yeah. You can think he didn’t deserve to win without trivializing what he went through.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

fsif posted:

I feel like we're really exaggerating the negative impact Hamlin had on the field here.

It’s about the sanctity of the NFL’s Comeback Player of the Year Award

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean if that’s true than why care Hamlin didn’t get it. At the end of the day it doesn’t matter

No one is complaining about Hamlin not winning the award, it’s just weird and off putting that people decided he needed to be taken down a peg, apparently

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Hope they give the analytics guy who talks like he’s never been on TV before despite being on TV for every TNF matchup his own segment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

indigi posted:

saying "I don't think his play this year deserved an award" isn't downplaying his temporary lapse of life

You’re right! But people have said that all he had to do was sit around and let medical professionals do all the hard work of not dying, and that certainly is.