Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mustached Demon posted:

Yeah, Niners need to drop like 42 to have a shot at keeping up with how their defense has been playing.

That's an almost-impossible ask.

I'm not down on the team as a whole or anything, but have you seen the Chiefs offense this year?

You need a Bears defensive coordinator randomly resigning that week to get them in sniffing distance of 42 points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Papercut posted:

I hope the Niners have a positive point differential on Sunday, whether that be through amazing defense or offense or passing or running or maybe even special teams

Remember when Dave Toub was an overlooked head coaching candidate? Seems so long ago now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mystic Stylez posted:

https://twitter.com/JayCuda/status/1754952313934897458?t=6zUBtG1d_eeByWUBX3Uy_A&s=19

useless but kinda fun trivia

- Peyton, Young and Unitas are the only QBs to appear three times, and Manning did with a different receiver on each one

- Rice and Raymond Berry also lead receivers with three appearances

- Surprised Brady and Gronk only appear once, even if you take into account Rob's injury story

- thank God A.J. Green retired

also posted because I'm sure SA2k will appreciate Fouts and Rivers styling on their rivals

The out of division ones are interesting for Unitas. The Colts and 49ers were never in a division together and Unitas and Berry still somehow own this record? The Lions somehow haven't given up more TDs than then to someone else too, I mean there are options going on there. And the Pack?

Also the Pats and Peyton/Harrison, but that was a thing where they seemed to play each other every year even if they weren't in the same division.

a neat cape posted:

gently caress John Elway

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fartknocker posted:

Actually, the Baltimore Colts and 49ers were in the same division back then (Same with Lions and Packers). Why the Colts were in the West Division is another matter entirely.

I had completely put this bit of history out of my thoughts. To my mind the Colts were always an AFC team--which they definitely weren't if I was thinking about it even a little--so I was like, man they're not even in the same conference.

Still crazy to me that they own the record against the Lions though, you'd think Favre and Freeman or Rodgers and Adams would have snagged that one.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pontius Pilate posted:

The morning after you’ve eaten beets the night before and poo poo, and panic, and then remember you ate beets the night before

I always wonder what demon has infested my piss for a minute before remembering I ate asparagus.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
You would never realize reading this forum that the 49ers are favored in this game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Are the good prop bets out yet? To laugh at, not like I'm putting money anywhere near this game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Coldforge posted:

It came out at the NFLPA press conference today that the reason the 49ers practice field is so lovely is because they installed the sod incorrectly. They were supposed to lay down a hard plastic surface over the turf, then the sod on top of the plastic surface, but someone apparently forgot that step and they just put the sod directly down over the turf.

They’ve been working on this since December :eng99:

At least the playing surface the actual game will be played on might be ok this year?

This poo poo shouldn't happen in some fashion two years in a row even if UNLV's field kinda sucks to begin with. It's not like you don't have enough money to figure this out.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Black Sunshine posted:

The least surprising thing would be for that particular field to be really lovely considering the teams involved this year

Raiders frantically calling whoever installed the Eagles turf at old Veteran's stadium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

indigi posted:

if he hadn't been consigned to the northern wastes for some of the best years of his career he might be. even if you don't change his stats/playoff success, if he'd gone to Pittsburgh or Chicago instead of Buffalo I think he'd get in

Unrelated this just reminded me of one of the more direly called offensive games I've ever watched. I don't remember who the Bills were playing but the entire game seemed to be Shady up the middle, missed pass by Tyrod to a covered receiver, or pass to Shady for four or five yards to get blown the gently caress up by two linebackers waiting for him.

And hey, 5 yards would get you first downs if you did it every play, but on third down the defense knew the same thing was coming and just stepped in earlier. I don't think it was always like that for the whole season, but drat do I remember exactly how futile the offense was that game.