Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

whos that broooown posted:

Lmao give it to the soccer dad who got bored over the dude who literally rose from the dead to play again in the NFL

They got the vote right. It’s about player performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Its based on play. His play was bad. It’s really that simple, Mrs. Hamlin

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

I would refer you to my post on Flacco's diarrhea in the playoffs this year, which you did not respond to.

The awards for regular season play.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

He threw 5 picks in consecutive games against the Bears and Texans not long before that

I mean I don’t disagree it should’ve gone to Tua. You’re right.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Febreeze posted:

Split the award into comeback player of the year, based on a guy who sucked or was irrelevant playing well again, and inspirational player of the year, based on coming back from bad injury

Both Hamlin and Flacco deserved the comeback award for different reasons, and the comeback award has awarded both sides of the argument before. Geno won it last year from being just a dude who sucked and nobody thought was good and Alex Smith won it in 2020 after his horrible leg injury despite putting up middle of the road perfomances in like 5 games

Hamlin and smith are false equivalents here cmon

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Every player gets a trophy and a kiss on the lips from Tom Brady (or a Tom Brady standin)

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Febreeze posted:

Not really? Both comebacks are notable for the injury they came back from, not the play on the field the year they came back.

Ones a starting QB who played mediocre and the other was a special teamer. You’re reaching, hard.

If your logic held up, and then give that award to every single person who had an injury that they considered to be career threatening, and that list goes on much bigger than Alex Smith.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Febreeze posted:

Life threatening

Not just career threatening

Life threatening

Not to mention you were pointing out that it is a performance based award, which it usually is, but Smith won it despite a mediocre performance, because his injury was catastrophic. Hamlin was also coming back from an unprecedented injury of, you know, literally death

so with every single injury… would you have us breaking down who does and doesn’t deserve comeback player… based on the severity of the injury alone? What’s our cutoff for what is considered life threatening?

I understand the emotional overreaction to the dude - it’s scary he almost died and it’s awesome he’s back. But he literally barely qualifies as the second part of the award - the label “player”

Maybe time to create a new award. The come back from the light medal.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Feb 10, 2024

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Michael loving Vick got Comeback after doing time for dog fighting. Just stop. There's no sanctity to fight over here.

… he led that team to a division title. After being written off completely. Lmao do some of y’all just not remember football or what.

They got it right then, got it right now. Yay voters.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Why are you so obnoxiously determined to die on the hill that cardiac arrest is NBD and Hamlin being nominated was a sham? It's a a dumb vibes award.

It’s a discussion board. To discuss things related to the nfl.

And where did I say either of those things, outta curiosity? Was it two posts ago when I said it’s completely understandable people made him the emotional vote? You’re making poo poo up out of nowhere for whatever reason.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Feb 10, 2024

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m more upset your arguing Hamlin should be executed on the field for not coming back hard enough.

hosed up if you ask me

Haha

I get sensitive when bengals games are interrupted 😡

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The pages of arguing about the dumb vibes award runs together. Being obnoxious doesn't help you stand out from the crowd either.

Nice meltdown. Sounds like discussion boards aren’t your thing.