Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Mahomes must win so we can continue attacking and dethroning Brady

Division rival aside, the Chiefs just aren't good villains. The Patriots would win everything and be like "gently caress you" while Bill trolls everyone with non-answers for everything except for 20 minute long rants about special teams. Meanwhile, the Chiefs win and whine about respect while Andy's in the corner with BBQ sauce all over his mustache

The Patriots were the Empire

The Chiefs are basically Hot Topic emo kids

I have more appreciation for true evil over buckets of tears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

This is T. Swift's forum, we just shitpost on it

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Mustached Demon posted:

What's Brock Purdys number again?

867-5309

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

My hopes of not having a worst case scenario Superbowl result hinges on Kyle Shanahan not making GBS threads himself against a dynasty known for having teams inexplicably poo poo themselves when facing them.

It's just not fair

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

a neat cape posted:

gently caress John Elway

Something we can all agree on

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Anyone who knows anything about football knows that the Chiefs will win, barring a miracle, but I guarantee those whiney fucks will get all emo about being underdogs and nobody believed in this young and inexperienced upstart team that came out of absolutely nowhere to shock the football world by making an almost statistically impossible playoff run that put Eli and Flacco to shame.

I hate that team full of shithead crybaby bitchmade assholes so goddamn much. Next time they're at Hot Topic buying Fall Out Boy shirts I hope the Earth opens up and swallows them all.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

a neat cape posted:

Rivers reportedly was with the Chargers before the playoff game vs Jacksonville last year.

So yeah.

Glad to see that Philip was doing his part to perpetuate the Chargers postseason curse by simply being there

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

elime anning posted:

I’m athletic football show brained enough to be really excited about this super bowl. genuinely like both teams. Think it’s an awesome even match up and will be a great game. Sue me

What the gently caress

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

The least surprising thing would be for that particular field to be really lovely considering the teams involved this year

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

They exorcized a lot of demons that day

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Oh I'm sure most people won't care and they'll cheer for the guy as long as he can make plays, see: Tyreek Hill, Joe Mixon, Jameis Winston, etc

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Abugadu posted:

lol Jameis Winston doesn't make plays, silly

I'm quite sure that the entire city of Tampa Bay was cheering Winston as he threw 121 touchdowns the 5 years he was there. The problem was obviously the 99 interceptions though

He's a very conflicting player even before you consider the whole rape thing, whatever happened there

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Never thought I'd see a dude melt down over the Comeback Player of the Year award but here we are.

Hester deserves to be in the Hall and so does Gates, dude got robbed.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Freaquency posted:

Alex Smith was CBPoTY while being rear end but he won it because his leg basically fell off. What you’re coming back from is just as big of a deal as whether you play well (it’s a narrative award anyway) and the turn TFF took on Hamlin is real weird

Alex Smith was at least relevant on the football field. The only notable thing Hamlin ever did was die on it.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

kidcoelacanth posted:

baker should have won it over flacco and hamlin :unsmigghh:

Baker will use it as fuel for next year, think positive. I don't like the Bucs at all but Baker owns.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Coldforge posted:

I guarantee you people would be getting sick of Lions posts by now if they were in the game.

2 weeks of garbage media fluff stories will kill anything. Except Taylor Swift.

Not a chance. Maybe in the ensuing years, sure but there's no way it would've gone that way in the Lions first Superbowl. There hasn't been a "first time in the Superbowl" since 2010 and with those ones you have limitless stories about the city itself and how it's been starved for a winner forever and now's their chance. There's nothing to talk about this year because both teams suck and have spoiled fanbases. Taylor Swift is saving the Superbowl from pulling less viewers than reruns of Seinfeld.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

Antonio Gates is the Frank Gore of TEs.

Except Gates was actually a top tier player at his position for at least a single season

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

If I have a heart attack at work they're not going to give me an award for not dying and eventually coming back to work so I can make money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

^^^^^ hell yes

LiquidFriend posted:

In a previous career life, I watched a guy have a heart attack on the job and to show concern for his well-being, they wrote him up for leaving work without clocking out.

Are we sure that the NFL didn't withhold his game check when he almost died and fine him for daring to interrupt the game?

But yeah, America is pretty hosed up in a lot of ways. That's unchecked capitalism though and we're taught to worship that concept from birth.