Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I don't see how the Chiefs lose this. Unless a different Brock shows up then the one that played the last two games.

he's not nearly as talented or as athletic but he has the spirit of Josh Allen in him, for good and for ill. so if second half NFCCG Brock shows up, the Chiefs will have a problem on their hands. that and leaning hard on CMC is their best chance. but if he turns the ball over even once I think it's curtains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

good lol.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I am so sick of these eggheads. not only is this chart dumb, but it flips the Y axis for an extremely stupid reason. bullying needs to come back in a big way

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

that has to be fake. But I want to believe so badly

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

wandler20 posted:

Aren't they getting all the lovely practice facilities while the Chiefs get the Raiders brand new stuff?

yeah that one's real. and hilarious

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I’m generally against posting a tweet without any elaboration or context. but I don't think this one needs any

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

brother, that's peepee.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

How could anyone have ever doubted the most Raiders rear end head coach hire possible?

Powerful 'patients/coworkers telling me how great their chiropractor is despite years of back pain imaging that never resolves' energy.

to be overly fair, the people who've recommended a chiropractor to me only talk about how they sort out their back once a week/month so they can go to work and not be horking down nsaids every 3 hours. back stuff is hosed to deal with so temporary pain relief probably feels like a miracle

Harlock posted:

This feels on paper as close of a Super Bowl you can get. 49ers being the favorite probably seems right, but only just slightly. Anyone thinking the Chiefs are gonna roll is just operating on vibes and narrative.

yeah unless Purdy or Shanahan fully melt down it'll be a tough win either way

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

gambling should probably go back to being illegal and advertising should be outlawed or at the very least have the same ad restrictions as cigarettes but I still have fun doing it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Gates should of got in over Willis, Johnson, and Freeney. Them dudes should all get in but cmon bro. it's Antonio loving Gates

whos that broooown posted:

Saying he cost his team 2 games is so loving disingenuous.

Get the gently caress outta here. Seriously

honestly giving the award to Hamlin after the season he had is patronizing to the point of insulting and I’m sure the eight mill that got donated to his charity is way more meaningful to him than a fake award would be

Asproigerosis posted:

Should get rid of the qb position, it's single handedly ruined football.

rule change so that no player can field two consecutive snaps

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Grozz Nuy posted:

Hester is the dude you drop from this class for Gates. I don't have a problem with putting an elite returner in or anything, but you can't argue that he was nearly as valuable as the others.

Kawalimus posted:

I bet Hester got in because they were so sick of the debate about whether he should get in that this is the only way to stop it

it's the hall of fame not the hall of valuable metrics. people talked way more about Hester than Willis or Johnson, and still do, plus he has way more well-known highlights

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

Everyone deserves an award of some sort.

as Don Draper "that's what the money's for"

Freaquency posted:

That radically easy thing to do, recovering from cardiac arrest

he couldn't do it on his own, which is the same reason Purdy wasn't winning MVP

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Febreeze posted:

Split the award into comeback player of the year, based on a guy who sucked or was irrelevant playing well again, and inspirational player of the year, based on coming back from bad injury

yeah, either this or some sort of Special Accomplishment in Football Athletical Achievement that's a catch all for this sort of thing and maybe they can give out 0-3 each year

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pain of Mind posted:

If Hester was a better football player he would not be a returner, and that is also who he is competing against, roster bubble guys who would be WR5 on the team. I bet Deebo or CMC would be a good returners but they are too valuable to risk getting injured.

it's not the Hall of Value it's the Hall of Fame. yall counting stat eggheads would of argued to keep Thorpe or Sayers out

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

kiimo posted:

Also what else are we gonna talk about, the media is currently talking about the 49ers being awoken by the fire alarm and how infuriating it was and it turns out it came on seven minutes before they were supposed to get up like it's dire news time at this point

cmon waking up to an alarm clock is a bit different to waking up to a fire alarm. they've been a little whiny lately but I’m not gonna nitpick them about that one

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I cannot imagine falling to these depths if the Lions were about to play in their first ever Super Bowl.

totally agree. I think part of the problem is the fanbases seem (seem! I’m not saying they are!!) either boring (KC) or unlikable (silicon valley people). if the Lions/Ravens/Bills/Browns were in I bet there'd be a lot more human interest narratives or stories about their fans flooding into Vegas

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the draft should be the week between the conference championships and Super Bowl

e: or free agency or trade moratorium or something. Something....

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

Antonio Gates is the Frank Gore of TEs.

you're thinking of Jason Witten

I heard someone compare Travis Kelce to him this week and I was mad

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Black Lighter posted:

This reminds me to block out my 2025 for arguing that Shady should be first-ballot

if he hadn't been consigned to the northern wastes for some of the best years of his career he might be. even if you don't change his stats/playoff success, if he'd gone to Pittsburgh or Chicago instead of Buffalo I think he'd get in

e: it's really funny that he closed out his career with back to back Postseason DNP rings

indigi fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Feb 10, 2024

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

saying "I don't think his play this year deserved an award" isn't downplaying his temporary lapse of life

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

when you think about it Tee Higgins had to come back from thinking he did murdering someone. or I guess technically manslaughtering someone. still he killed a man. and he was back on the field the next week. he should of won last year's award

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I would have followed you, my brother.... my captain..... my king