Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Buck Turgidson posted:

I love bread so much

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

fart simpson posted:

that butter looks incredibly off.

butter martzu

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Buck Turgidson posted:

I love bread so much

boy howdy

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

how about kvass, aka bread soda? i’ve always wanted to make some.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
what does the bread thread think of really heavy brown bread and also did y'all know you can buy it in a can?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Eeyo posted:

how about kvass, aka bread soda? i’ve always wanted to make some.

me & toby were gonna get rich selling kvass as a new hipster beverage

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

canned bread seems wrong but I’m sure it fills a need

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

All butter is spreadable if you're BIG AND STRONG.

Anyway I use margarine because the nurse told me to.

It tastes awful but there's always cheese.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

3D Megadoodoo posted:

All butter is spreadable if you're BIG AND STRONG.

this isn’t true

well, perhaps the butter itself is spreadable but the bread itself may not survive it

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

echinopsis posted:

this isn’t true

well, perhaps the butter itself is spreadable but the bread itself may not survive it

nice goalpost-moving

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i moved them to where they should be

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Sometimes if I'm in a hurry I just grab a couple of pieces of bread on my way out the door, squeeze them into bar form, and eat them that way. You're welcome

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
secret emergency samosa technique: use bread as a samosa shell

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Get that bread? Don't mind if I do....

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

https://youtu.be/PMBXJ9I3pJM

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

The bread saw is great

e wtf did postimg do to the quality

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Of all the great breads I can handle seedy nutty breads. They kick in some sort of texture reflex where I can chew but I can't swallow.

We are 2 weeker sourdough household. Got a long term starter and make a double batch from the tartine country bread recipe every other weekend. I failed miserably the first 2 months so the wife is the sourbro of the house

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Some guy at the caff took his time at the bread table, literally slicing an entire loaf of whatever white bread was on the board and fitting it onto his tray. Then he looked around and took the last god drat slice of hole bread. I had to eat islander bread and I despise sweet dark breads.

e: Pictured, islander bread:

It's literally got syrup in it.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

idk islander bread looks great

also what sort of cafes have bread tables and why am I not working from one right now

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dijkstracula posted:

idk islander bread looks great

also what sort of cafes have bread tables and why am I not working from one right now

Where do you get the bread from - the floor? Also caff is short for cafeteria, not café.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

I guess what I mean is I'm never in a situation where there is bread for the slicing

but also I've not been in a cafeteria since high school (but we did not have bread tables or bread anything there either)

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

sometimes when im craving carbs real bad and I don’t have the patience to make bread I’ll do a quick pan fried bannock and it is very needs suiting

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dijkstracula posted:

I guess what I mean is I'm never in a situation where there is bread for the slicing

but also I've not been in a cafeteria since high school (but we did not have bread tables or bread anything there either)

I work inside the shipyards and there are two cafeterias. Lunch is 6,95. Thursday less of cp7rse

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Some guy at the caff took his time at the bread table, literally slicing an entire loaf of whatever white bread was on the board and fitting it onto his tray. Then he looked around and took the last god drat slice of hole bread. I had to eat islander bread and I despise sweet dark breads.

e: Pictured, islander bread:

It's literally got syrup in it.

that looks like molasses bread, which actually tastes good

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

polyester concept posted:

sometimes when im craving carbs real bad and I don’t have the patience to make bread I’ll do a quick pan fried bannock and it is very needs suiting

I just eat some bread

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Roosevelt posted:

that looks like molasses bread, which actually tastes good

we picked up a half loaf of saaristolaisleipä in helsinki from here -

https://www.gateau.fi/tilaatuotteita/

it was quite good w/ a bit of smoked salmon, fine w/ cheese etc.

rest of everything else we had at that bakery was also great. if you find yourself in the area the finns do breads particularly well

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

echinopsis posted:

asparagus is prolly the worst green rod

it’s delicious but a poor choice for industrial uses

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

rotor posted:

what does the bread thread think of really heavy brown bread and also did y'all know you can buy it in a can?

i got a taste for super heavy rye when i stayed in lithuania for 6 weeks. once you get the hang of it it really hits the spot

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

some eastern european rye with cheese, cold meat, or thick coleman butter :grin:

also you could get mushroom soup served in a rye bread bowl basically anywhere and it was really good

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

money can be exchanged for ready-made bread

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

A bread analog, but this morning we're making banana waffles. Tomorrow a pastry run

Last weekend we made croffles by proving trader Joe's frozen mini croissants overnight and waffle stomping those B's. Huge reco

Sunday night I'm trying the 5m baguette because, shyeah excellent

Let me know if other dough/batter combos are haram itt

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i want to try the canned bread

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

root of all eval posted:

A bread analog, but this morning we're making banana waffles. Tomorrow a pastry run

Last weekend we made croffles by proving trader Joe's frozen mini croissants overnight and waffle stomping those B's. Huge reco

wet wheat is proto bread

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

tell me more

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

root of all eval posted:

5m is too long for a baguette

how do you deal with that all at once

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lmao if you can’t deepthroat 5 feet at once

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Bloody posted:

tell me more

flour, salt, baking powder, water. mix until doughy. flatten, cook with oil in cast iron until browned and a little crispy.

it’s essentially the same as any biscuit recipe but no milk or butter

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Feb 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

5m baguette review. Took 5min and made about 1.5m linear of bread.

We ended up baking almost 35min because it seemed way over hydrated. It may have over proved too, being out overnight. Very very strongly glutenous but didn't rise at all in the oven.

Over all tasty and can't beat the effort reward, but I wanna tweak the ratios a bit. It was a bit close and moist for our liking.

4/5 pending follow-up